Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 12-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

Soylent

So there's this product called Soylent
http://www.soylent.me/
It's essentially all your nutrients in a powdered form. You mix it with water, drink it, and that's your meal. I like the idea of it, it's a really easy way to get all your nutrients in. Unfortunately Soylent is back ordered for several months b/c of the large volumes of orders. So I ordered an alternative, 100% food.
http://www.spacenutrientsstation.com/
I just tried the bottle today and it was...doable. Flavor is eh. I got the sample so it comes with one serving of the regular product and one of the chocolate. Going to try the chocolate tomorrow and hopefully it's better.

What do you guys think of it?? Would you ever try it?
Old 12-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
My first thought was - is this spam??
Old 12-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Is it meant to replace meals or something?

I'm not sure... I prob wouldn't try it unless I can easily buy it in convenient stores. I kind of think it's too good to be true! To get all the nutrients you need in a few drinks.... if it was true I think it would be way more expensive.

Maybe for a niche market? Like how protein powder is used by muscle builders... wouldn't incorporate the drink as my daily intake though.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I'd rather have solid food, though I can sorta understand the appeal for some people
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:54 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I've heard of it....

I eat for a lot of different reasons, taste being one of them lol.

Honestly, it sounds better as a way to fight hunger and malnourishment in poverty areas or 3rd world areas than something I would want for myself. Like maybe if I was really really busy???? And hadn't eaten properly in 3 days?

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #6
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
I've heard of it....

I eat for a lot of different reasons, taste being one of them lol.

Honestly, it sounds better as a way to fight hunger and malnourishment in poverty areas or 3rd world areas than something I would want for myself. Like maybe if I was really really busy???? And hadn't eaten properly in 3 days?
It's not a good option for 3rd world countries because iy requires water which isn't exactly the best quality in those parts. Instead the children usually get their nutrients in the form of a nut-based paste (I forgot the name of it)
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #7
Lirange
Bad Kid

Yeah it's meant to replace meals. I'm hoping to use it as my main source of food. I love food too and will still eat out with friends/family and eat food my coworkers bring in. I don't like cooking and most of my meals have been Popeyes and Chipotle. I'm trying to be healthy and it's hard and expensive if you don't cook so I think this will be very convenient.

And yeah, you mix this with clean water so it's not ideal for places where that's inaccessible.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:14 AM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Yeah it's meant to replace meals. I'm hoping to use it as my main source of food. I love food too and will still eat out with friends/family and eat food my coworkers bring in. I don't like cooking and most of my meals have been Popeyes and Chipotle. I'm trying to be healthy and it's hard and expensive if you don't cook so I think this will be very convenient.

And yeah, you mix this with clean water so it's not ideal for places where that's inaccessible.
omgg!!.. the only people I've heard of actually doing it are tech bros...

http://valleywag.gawker.com/soylent-...far-1642275755

let us know how it goes.....

Last edited by Ralath; 12-24-2014 at 04:17 AM..
Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:58 AM   #9
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah there have always been foods that cover all your nutritional needs. So does Soylent, but the problem is the human body is used to feeling "filled" or in general craving that feeling. So often this works counter-productively because most people end up sneaking a bite or two even after eating all the "nutrition" they needed for that day, therefore becoming fat.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
omgg!!.. the only people I've heard of actually doing it are tech bros...

http://valleywag.gawker.com/soylent-...far-1642275755

let us know how it goes.....
I am a tech bro!!

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Yeah there have always been foods that cover all your nutritional needs. So does Soylent, but the problem is the human body is used to feeling "filled" or in general craving that feeling. So often this works counter-productively because most people end up sneaking a bite or two even after eating all the "nutrition" they needed for that day, therefore becoming fat.
Yeah I read you will still feel hungry but eventually your body will get used to it. And I'm pretty skinny so I wouldn't mind gaining weight anyways lol.