Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
What would you do?

So lvramire and I were randomly discussing the "goodie" about getting 1 exp from monsters 30+ levels higher than you. And we came to the conclusion it wouldn't do much =/ Everyone would still be where they are, only powerleveling would be effected.
This is assuming the "goodie" is for zone population balancing (ie. 30s in AEW).

We both think if they were to do the __ levels higher gives you 1 exp, we'd do 20 or 25 levels, that or put level restrictions on zones.

What do you guys think they should do?

Before posting, we both wanna point out...
1. This isn't a complain about what Outspark did or isn't doing thread
2. Don't flame others for their opinions
3. This isn't a level prejudice thread
Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
If it was 20 or 25 levels, a level 50 wouldn't get any exp from most FoS mobs, and quite a few AEW mobs. That isn't very fair, especially if someone at my level can solo there... =\

Eh, 20-25 might be good for non-partying, but if a party of 50s can AoE mobs 25+ levels higher, it's fine.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
In my opinion that wouldn't change a thing. The Orcs are level 60 (or 61 but that's not the point) and once a person gets to 31 they can start getting the exp. So, what's the point? Unless they figure out a way where you gradually start getting more exp as you get closer to the monster's level... then decrease again when you are further away.

Or they can just fix up the whole exp system to be similar to BK. It's a grind fest still but seeing 3-4 digits compared to 2-3 digits in the exp box, in my mind, seems like I've gained more.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
In my opinion that wouldn't change a thing. The Orcs are level 60 (or 61 but that's not the point) and once a person gets to 31 they can start getting the exp. So, what's the point? Unless they figure out a way where you gradually start getting more exp as you get closer to the monster's level... then decrease again when you are further away.

Or they can just fix up the whole exp system to be similar to BK. It's a grind fest still but seeing 3-4 digits compared to 2-3 digits in the exp box, in my mind, seems like I've gained more.
Agreed. xD
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of competing for mobs with people 20, even 30 levels below me. Level 30s and 40s in FoS when there are so many other places for them to optimally grind is no fun at all. If the limit was only 30 lvls, it wouldn't change a thing. Just saying, that if it's implemented, that 30lvls is too little to make a difference.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Before you think about just your level group, think of how it'd effect others. In the end, it may benefit you. With 20-25, 30s- would be out of Uruga, eliminating a lot of competition, then 40s and 50s could have CP, SEG, Uruga and parts of AEW. 60s could have parts of AEW and FoS, 70s could have parts of FoS and BR(assuming it'll get implemented soon). They would all have CP1 and 2, also battlegrounds. We really aren't at a loss in zones and areas, but its just that everyone wants the highest amount of exp they can get, so most assume its Uruga/AEW/FoS so they ALL go there, even if they won't get quests for that area til 30 levels later.

Last edited by Yosei; 03-13-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yosei
What do you guys think they should do?
I would Bring out BR and watever the map after BR is called!

i think we have this population problem, coz characters in Fiesta can kill mobs up to 30 levels above them in a party... which i dont really see the problem...

The problem arise when level 6x and 7x should be killing mobs that are lvl 9x - 10x, but its not available to them... so they're stuck at grinding things on their own level... which is FoS....

high levels have a problem with lower levels grinding where they are, coz they've got no where else to go and these high levels are more than capable to grind at places two maps above wat we've got...

I guess putting a 30 lvl restriction means the plvling scenario will slow down a bit.... (but probably not by much)

If they wanna solve the population scenario they gotta put more maps in...

otherwise... chagne 30 to 25 levels doesnt seem to make much difference.. and 20 levels gets a bit rigid for higher lvls (45+?)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
If i had something to say in that matter. I would suggest that monster get an att/def boni for every lvl they are over the attackers lvl. That way people who are way below the monster lvl could still fight them one after another, but they couldn't aoe them anymore.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I would Bring out BR and watever the map after BR is called!

i think we have this population problem, coz characters in Fiesta can kill mobs up to 30 levels above them in a party... which i dont really see the problem...

The problem arise when level 6x and 7x should be killing mobs that are lvl 9x - 10x, but its not available to them... so they're stuck at grinding things on their own level... which is FoS....

high levels have a problem with lower levels grinding where they are, coz they've got no where else to go and these high levels are more than capable to grind at places two maps above wat we've got...

I guess putting a 30 lvl restriction means the plvling scenario will slow down a bit.... (but probably not by much)

If they wanna solve the population scenario they gotta put more maps in...

otherwise... chagne 30 to 25 levels doesnt seem to make much difference.. and 20 levels gets a bit rigid for higher lvls (45+?)
Whilst I think you got mostly everything right. The only thing your missing is why we saw level 30's and 40's in the Burning Rock asking for parties (besides doing the fire spirit quest.)

The true solution is to make weapons and armour exponential in nature.

What does this mean?

Well if the level 60 armour gives 100 def, 51 evasion, and 67 magic defense, then make the level 70 armour give 400 defense, 200 evasion, somewhere around 250 magic defense.

While the numbers sound crazy, if the level 70 monsters were balanced to that armour, and give tons more experience than they do now (factor of 3 or 4) then we would have a better situation here.

It would mean that level 60's could only kill in a level 70 zone with the assistance of a party. No level 50 could concieve even hitting a level 70 monster because of the evasion, never mind surviving a single hit because the attack, and defense is a*a (a-squared; where a is the factor of increase.)

This would create a nice gradient effect so as long as the character levelling stats create a smoother transition into the difference between armour stats.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
I think instead of messing around with the mobs... a simpler and more effective way would be to restrict access to areas entirely according to level.

As it is now, the only areas restricted by level are the "farmable" boss dungeons. I think some maps ought to be restricted in this manner as well. Like CP and Uruga.
Closed Thread