Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Believe it or not, getting an abortion is usually not as easy as saying that a person simply doesn't want their babies.
That's also true, not only due to the law thing, but because of the emotional trauma that goes with abortion (or so I've heard).

If they can easily (emotion wise) go through abortion just cos they didn't want it, then that would have probably been the better option for the baby.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
That's also true, not only due to the law thing, but because of the emotional trauma that goes with abortion (or so I've heard).

If they can easily (emotion wise) go through abortion just cos they didn't want it, then that would have probably been the better option for the baby.
But what would of happened, if it was an unwanted baby, as in a rape victim? It could cause more harm to baby after birth. There is also the conciquences that the mother wouldn't cherish the baby, and would with a wanted baby.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I didn't watch it and I don't need to. Having already faced a situation where I had to go through abortion counseling because I was carrying a baby who was so genetically challenged that if she made it to birth she would have been in constant pain for the few hours she lived (the doctors advised that based on her problems she would never live more than a few hours outside the womb) I know the process, pictures and more detail than I ever cared to know.

In my case we had to decide whether to carry her to birth or abort. For me, I feel that God took that burden off me by stopping her heart before my return visit to the doctor the next week (and for those who do not believe in God, please keep that argument out of this as this is a discussion on abortion not religion, I only mention that God took that burden because I have my faith & my faith helped me through that difficult period of my life, thank you). But I digress - back to: based on the issues, based on the fact that this pregnancy followed four miscarriages during the 2 years prior, which was weighing heavy on the whole family, and based on the fact that she would have absolutely no quality of life if she even made it to birth, we felt abortion was going to be the best option. But as I said, God took that out of our hands before we went back to the doctor.

I will state, for the record, that prior to that pregnancy and the issues we faced with her disabilities I was firm on my stand that abortion was not acceptable for any reason. Once I was faced with my situation I better understood that unless you are walking in that woman's shoes, you have no idea whether abortion is right or wrong for her.

I still my no means think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. But I do believe every situation is different and the decision should be between the parent/s (read that "woman" in cases where the person who fathered the child is a rapist or pedophile, etc.) and their conscience.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post

I will state, for the record, that prior to that pregnancy and the issues we faced with her disabilities I was firm on my stand that abortion was not acceptable for any reason. Once I was faced with my situation I better understood that unless you are walking in that woman's shoes, you have no idea whether abortion is right or wrong for her.

I still my no means think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. But I do believe every situation is different and the decision should be between the parent/s (read that "woman" in cases where the person who fathered the child is a rapist or pedophile, etc.) and their conscience.
Well-put, even though that the father really has no say over the decision, even if he is still around.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
It is my opinion that if someone wants an abortion, let them.
Who are we to say who can and cant do what to their bodies ?
It is because of those views that I resent the religeous fascists who believe that we should all follow their way of living.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX View Post
Who are we to say who can and cant do what to their bodies ?
Their body isn't the only thing their harming.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Their body isn't the only thing their harming.
If by that you mean the baby then I still say it is her body untill the baby is born, as thats what I believe.
If by that you mean her mind then I would still classify that as her body.
If you mean something else then please elaborate.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #18
Lirange
Bad Kid

I ment the baby.
I classify the baby and the womans body as two different things.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
I ment the baby.
I classify the baby and the womans body as two different things.
The "baby" can't even think or breath yet when abortions occur..

Its still basically a bunch of cells still trying to form this thing, isn't it? O_o Well.. I mean there's kind of a shape of a baby but its still not really.. human yet. (I know. I sound stupid, I can't put what I am thinking into words, apparently..)
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #20
Lirange
Bad Kid

Are you trying to say it's not a "living being" yet?