Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
STR/INT Piercing Damage?

While grinding with my friends and chatting one mentioned that STR/INT points pierce armor, meaning that regardless of the enemies armor your added STR stats points will inflict the amount of damage it's supposed to inflict (+16 for 16 damage exactly), based on this assumption even if you deal only 1 damage on a mob without the points when you do add 16 points you will be hitting 17, is there any validity to that? I've always though STR and INT as useless points wasted, but if the damage does pierce armor it is perhaps worth investing into.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
INT is useless for every class except Mage. INT increases your magical damage. AS far as I know only Mages use magical damage.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
While grinding with my friends and chatting one mentioned that STR/INT points pierce armor, meaning that regardless of the enemies armor your added STR stats points will inflict the amount of damage it's supposed to inflict (+16 for 16 damage exactly), based on this assumption even if you deal only 1 damage on a mob without the points when you do add 16 points you will be hitting 17, is there any validity to that? I've always though STR and INT as useless points wasted, but if the damage does pierce armor it is perhaps worth investing into.
I'm not an expert, but I think that your total STR is combined with your weapon attack power (AIM/Damage) and then calculated against the enemy's END/DEX. Each attack is an independent chance of hitting higher or lower values within your attack power range or dealing a crit or miss/block. I would assume that the STR bonus is a combined calculation, instead of an independent calculation after the initial.

In math terms you are asking if it is:

F(STR,AIM,Weap. Damage)/M(END,DEX) + STR bonus = Damage

and I am suggesting that it is

F(STR + STR bonus, AIM, Weap. Damage)/M(END,DEX) = Damage

Oh, and here's a good way of saying that this isn't true.. if they were "armor piercing" as you say, then you would never have a "miss". You would always deal at least 16 damage.

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
INT is useless for every class except Mage. INT increases your magical damage. AS far as I know only Mages use magical damage.
At first thought I think this makes sense... but I'm not convinced.

I think that INT may well affect the SKILLS of other classes. I have not confirmed this... I'm just hypothesizing. Maybe somebody can confirm or deny this but here is my theory:

Take a Warrior. If we add to his STR then the damage dealt using all attacks will increase (because they are all physical in nature). But if we add to his INT the additional damage dealt by his Skills will increase (slice and dice, etc.), because they are magical/spiritual in nature (they use SP after all).

Maybe someone can create a low level warrior and experiment with this. I dunno, it's just my idea.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post... but I really was responding to two completely different ideas

Last edited by Spirit; 01-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Please do not double post. :)
Old 01-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
I realize that you were responded to two different things, but you can multi-quote, to get both topics in the same post.

But, back on topic: I thought that also as far as the INT goes, and the first time I made my fighter, I actually put some stat points into INT, however after reading up on all the classes and seeing what other poeple had to say, I saw that it was a mistake. I deleted her and started over.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah, INT is pointless for every class except mage. I heard clerics get a magic attack later, but I don't think its somethin you should alter your build for.

INT is for magic damage, only mages do magic damage. Magic is based off of the elements in-game, while archers use "nature" in their skills, that isn't magic, nor do fighters have any elemental skills.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
hmm to be honest, i dunno how much more dmg those +STR stat does...

for a start, your dmg to a mob is not consistant (like u hit 111, 123, 119 etc).. and i've tried taking off and putting on my STR+15 ring on and off, and i dont notice any difference...

but it was a rough test that i did....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Free Stat Str/Int ignores defense, provided you actually hit. (you can check this by trying to punch someone with quite high defense using chars with + str and chars without, or removing the mage's weapon and casting magic burst until it hits.)

Str/Int on equips is affected by defense, and consequently does next to nothing. (I can elaborate on this if required)
Old 01-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
By reading directly off the freestats,

for every (+1) STR, your damage is increased by 1 after calculating defence
for every (+5) STR, your damage is imcreased by 6 after calculating defence

if u had (+16) freestat STR, u would deal an additional 19 damage.
16/5=3 Remainder 1
3*6=18
18+1=19

the same is true for INT. Also, criticals cause u to deal twice ur damage, and i believe this would mean that u get 2 times the bonuses from STR if u get a crit. however, when ur damage gets to be really high, like say above 600, you may want to recalculate to see if SPR will provide more damage increase.
Closed Thread