Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation
Xtrap error gone bin error now

I used to get Xtrap error couple of times when playing.

That has now been fixed.

Now I get a bin error a lot

I didn't remember to write the information down so this may a stupid post till I do, but does anyone know what causes this.

Please remember I am in Finance and Economics and no absolutely nothing about computes.

thanks and ,

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure what you're having problems with is the same as mine...but I used to have quite a number of Xtrap + .bin problems...until I reinstalled the whole thing. I don't get it as often anymore...
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
Xygru
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Xygru
Server: Apoline, Epith
Xygru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Xygru
just a shot in the dark, when installing, i know this sounds really dumb. But i have noticed if you have alot of other programs running and you install a game, or some type of other program

it can(not usually) result in a bin error, .Bin files are a code for the game, if it's missing something everytime that "something" is done it will not be able to find it.
so like bloodrops said, uninstall restart your computer. and first thing you do is install fiesta online
and enjoy gaming

anymore problems reply to thread.

thank you,

Xygru-Apoline- 1x?

Psicosis-Epith-starting soon.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
If your error is similar to this one:

http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?p=735116

It is most likely a memory leak problem. Your page file is mishandling memory from the Fiesta.bin process. This is partly due to Fiesta and partly due to your computer.

By 'mishandling' I mean there is an error occurring in your page file being written. This is either your virtual RAM on your hard drive or your physical RAM. RAM is being constantly written on by the program (through the processor). Sometimes the RAM doesn't read quite right to the processor, so the processor crashes it and removes the RAM it used. An analogy I could use is that it's like a postik note you might use at work. The postik note is the RAM, and you're the processor writing notes with your pen (the pen is the program).

Originally Posted by skip this for solution. explains memory
Suppose you wrote on your postik note something to remember for later to help you get it done quicker so you don't have to go through your work manual again. You write it down, and it helps you get what you needed done quicker. Now you keep using the postik note over and over, ripping off the old one and throwing it in the bin (as it is no use now). It's consistently helpful. Your processor uses the RAM like a postik note. It writes information needed from the program for efficiency, and then when it's made as mu.ch use as it can from the information, it rewrites on the RAM, deleting old information.

Back to the analogy. Your pen is beginning to get inky. Now as you write on the postik note, it stains through the page. When you rip for a new page to make new notes, the old notes are stained there to make things harder for you. There are inkblots too. These leaks are the memory leaks. Fiesta isn't writing on the RAM correctly, or the RAM isn't cleaning itself from Fiesta properly.

Just like you with postik notes and a pen, your computer will be able to read them just fine, until a certain point. Your limit is when you can't read the postik notes because of too much ink leaking through, the processors limit is roughly the same. As soon as things become unreadable it will force a memory wipe of the corrupted RAM (or page file) and program crash. I will explain that a little more later as you read. Still on the analogy here. As a temporary fix to this writing problem, you remove 3 pages of the postik instead of 1. This makes sure the postik note you write on is clean, but you end up using more postik notes. As you go on, it eventually becomes impossible to read your own notes (and you also notice you're running out of postik notes).

How would you solve this more permanently at the work desk? You'd throw away the messy postik notes for a new clean one, and you'd also get a new pen. Your processor solves it similarly removes the bad memory on the RAM (the messy postik notes) and also forces you to restart Fiesta by crashing it (getting a new pen). Of course the processor is a lot more complicated, as it's writing on the memory for lots of different programs at the same time. I'm hoping this oversimplified (processors and RAM operate much more complexly) analogy was clear for you to understand what's happening.

I suggest you do one of two things.

The Fiesta.bin crash most likely occurs because of something in game occurring that your RAM (page file) cannot handle appropriately. Usually there's a pattern or something to work from. An example of when this problem became hectic was when there was an issue with warp gates and crashes. My first suggestion is to note where certain crashes occur, or any similarities between your crashes. It could be a certain skill crashing you, a certain map, or just from leaving your client open too long. Understand what's causing these memory leaks and memory crashes so you don't replicate them. If they seem random or it doesn't look like it's Fiesta's fault, then I think you don't have enough RAM (or a big enough postik note) to work from.

A possible solution to this is to expand your virtual page file Manzcar.. though I cannot say this will work.

Control panel > System properties > Advanced Tab > Performance Settings > Advanced Tab > Click the Change button, select custom and adjust both minimum and maximum to 1256 or whatever you're comfortable with. So long as it's higher than 1000. Make sure to click set or your changes won't save. I'll post screenies and a more information later if you need it. If Fiesta continues to crash for you despite expanding your page files, there's one more solution requiring money and a bit of time (heading to the shop). Hopefully it won't come to it.

If you only have 512 mebabytes of RAM (my assumption, you'll have to confirm for me), you could upgrade your RAM to 1 gigabyte at the shop. Since there will be more RAM to operate from, Fiesta.bin (Fiesta game) won't have so much trouble being read by the processor, as it has more room to let these leaks happen (more postik notes, more sets of 3 pages to rip out to help the notes remain clear).

I'm hoping I've been of help and this doesn't come off as jargon to you.

Last edited by Dynamics; 07-02-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Old 06-29-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Would it help if someone posted the file, so that others can get "fresh version" of it?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I don't think so. Fiesta's memory leaks are universal to everyone, it isn't about a corrupt file or any files in particular. Just poor coding on Fiesta's side and a computer not capable of adapting to it. I'm guessing Manzcar's RAM isn't higher than 512 MB.

Another possible solution is to expand your virtual page file Manzcar.. though I cannot say this will work.

Control panel > System properties > Advanced Tab > Performance Settings > Advanced Tab > Click change button, adjust to 1256 or whatever you're comfortable with. So long as it's higher than 1000. I'll post screenies and a more information later. I'm going onto Fiesta. Gonna edit this into my other post.
Closed Thread