Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Current Level: 7x
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Give Clerics A Break Once In Awhile!!

Just to start off, because I'm sure there will be a lot of complaints, but there are clerics who are BAD clerics and don't deserve to play this game because they are just THAT bad. I agree there are some that don't heal, that don't do EXACTLY what you want them to do, or don't follow you around and be your heal slave. But AS A CLERIC!! I think clerics get the most shit out of everyone else and need a break every once in awhile. It is because they are probably one of the most/if not the most important character in Fiesta. They give you higher mdef/def, increase your hp/sp, and pretty much sit there half the time and HEAL HEAL HEAL. Especially its even worse when someone complains and is like OMG TEH HEAL!! NOW!! HEAL ONLY ME!! I'm kind of sick of people always complaining about clerics ALL the time. How often do you hear someone saying something GOOD about a cleric?? never. Does anyone compliment a cleric for keeping them alive?? hardly. Because people believe that that is a cleric's 'job' and if they can't keep someone alive then they are worthless. Even if its not the clerics fault.

Heres a question for you: Why don't we complain about most other types of characters?

Fighters are probably the second most complained about character. So we complain about them not mocking or tanking 'correctly' as if we are the GOD of fighters and there is only one 'correct' way to be a fighter. And yet even then the fighters' still complain to the clerics about not doing their 'job' either!
So fighters' still get a lot of this anger too from other people but still not quite the same.

So what about Mages or Archers? I don't think I have ever heard anything bad about them OTHER than pulling too many enemies at once. And even THEN the clerics STILL get blamed for 'not healing' even though they died because they refused to stone/pot and heal couldn't keep up with how much damage they are receiving. Why can't we be like "wth mage, why don't you kill faster??" It's ALWAYS the clerics fault first no matter what and it's rarely someone elses.

Also on top of this, just speaking as any class. How often does anyone actually compliment someone on their playing skills? Sure you say 'ty' every once in awhile when someone revives you, gives you a buff, takes some enemies from you, kills some enemies that almost kill you, or even just dispels a status effect on you. But there are hardly any comments like "Woww your a great fighter/cleric/mage/archer!!" Sometimes its like "OMG that guy's hp is ridiculous!!" But still thats not really a compliment or even being nice to someone.

So this RANT is pretty much about me complaining about people complaining about people not doing their jobs. ESPECIALLY complaining about Clerics. AND not praising anyone when they actually do something that is 'acceptable' for the other player they are with.

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Andromeda
Spider Pig

I'll put it simple

A proper party is dependent on a fighter and cleric that are competent while archers and mages are just there to blast the enemies into next century but they arent required though for example you can get good exp in Trumpy Remains by just duoing with a pure STR build fighter.

Both pure STR Build cleric and fighter are the 2 best soloing classes so they don't have to completely rely on the other classes but it really depends on how good the person using the character actually is.

Throughout my whole time playing I've only been pissed off twice because of comments people make about how I play as a cleric. First time was when the cap was still at 59. I was near to capping at 59 at that time and I still didn't know how to efficently heal properly I was only using heal at that time (No restore and Invincible casting because I thought we could live without it). That was shortly before I left Fiesta for about 4-5 months.

That break must've been what I needed because...

After coming back out of nowhere I developed my cleric skills at least double of what I was doing before. I could easily keep the main fighter alive while the fighter was pulling the entire big room of the Lv 50 Abyss.

Second time was partly my fault and partly not. It happened in the Lv 60 Abyss when I was close to hitting Lv 70. I was grinding in the Lv 70 abyss 22-23 hours a day so you can imagine the lack of sleep which finally caught up with me.

With that in mind plus we had a mage tanking plus at that time my ISP was seemed to be having a bad day. I ended up getting the mage killed twice.

To sum it up Mage and Archer are the only 2 classes where you will be lucky to get yelled at for that reason. Archer might get yelled at slighty more since Archer can't kill as fast as a Mage after Lv 60 (For Mob Control not single enemy)

Last edited by Andromeda; 10-10-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think I can put it even more simply:

Everyone sucks but me, LOL
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Current Level: 7x
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Most of my 'Why' questions were mostly just for stating them so people understand what I was trying to say...not so much for actually wanting people to answer them..lol...Wanted people to understand that they shouldn't give clerics crap for all that we do and have to deal with. And the 'Why' questions were saying basically if your taking crap on clerics then you should talk crap on other classes because of various reasons. So yeaahh...Although I do appreciate the input though! Everyone will die eventually even if you are an amazing cleric. It's just a matter of time. It's possible they believe you are so good that they try and even 'test' you to see if you can handle it. Which has happened to me before. The point isn't for the person to die or not die of course. They have a back-up plan whether its RUN!! or use a bunch of stones/pots

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
i get mad at clerics who know they're the only or one of very few clerics in the KQ and refuse to do anything but run up and bash stuff and die.

i get mad at fighters who say they want to tank but then don't mock and/or taunt and end up losing aggro or just cant' tank whatever it is they're trying to tank in the first place.

i get mad at anybody who decided to go into a KQ and refuse to stone or pot and just yells at the clerics the whole time to heal them (let them die imo) and anyone who goes into a KQ without restocking first and commands clerics to heal them because tehy don't have any stones or pots left.

if you fit into the above categories, go die, please.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL @ Hare & Destrus~

@ Osiris - I totally know what you mean!

The main reason why clerics get told off is because we're IMPORTANT, they cant live with out us, the rely on us, then NEED us, we are the only ones that can directly DO something for other people... directly affect their wealth / health / level... (and for those that can get by without us, you wouldnt be the one blaming everything on clerics.. i would think)

With that being said, I actually haven't been told off for a long time...

Like Andro, I suddenly picked up my cleric skill at around level 5x, after Patches and Kev repeatedly died in Dungeon... I was like WTH is wrong - YOU PULLED TOO MUCH AGGRO... (LOL)

My problem was i was a fighting cleric, i learnt that i cant fight while in a big party... so that was my breakthrough...

Anyway...

Regarding saying thanks.... I use to get some specific "thanks, great cleric"... i think the crowd nowadays are not as appreciative... but i still say thanks to good clerics that i meet in Robo...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Posting in a public forum you'll get responses so... just be aware/ready for that.

I've played all four classes and I've heard all sorts of complaints. I agree with you on most points where a lot of people expect clerics to have eyes on each player in a party/KQ and be able to heal all of them at once. But before one complains they should make sure that they are not doing anything to make the cleric's job harder than it should be. For example I've been doing a lot of Gold Hill KQ where a mage will run into a group of mobs, Magic Blast, and expect to be healed when they get OHKO'd. Unless you know that you can handle the hits, don't do it. Common sense that's not so common. But a lot of times they just don't learn. It's odd.

There are of course fighters who thinks that a cleric should constantly be healing them when they won't even attempt to stone when their HP is clearly below 20%. I've had times when I ended up tanking the boss with my mage because I happened to be spamming and the fighter died while watching their HP to 0. Only reason I was able to was I was lucky enough to have Endure + t2 scrolls on. And a fighter still demands heals. C'mon now are you even looking at your own HP cause this boss doesn't have AOE.

For the record I do compliment and thank really good clerics. Especially those who help keep me alive while I go ahead and AoE mobs in the KQ. If you see me not mining and AoE'ing that means that I'm confident enough the clerics will keep me alive. If I see that the cleric is just daydreaming then I'll sit back and shoot one mob at a time. And I keep them on buddy list so I can party with them later.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Clerics do get the most heat in a party, but that's something I've gotten used to. When I first started out on the game, I used to treat every single death as a personal failure, thus adding their yells to my own yells. Then I realised I can't possibly be expected to keep alive a whole party when each and every one of the party is getting hit. I think it's the fighter's job to make sure that only he gets hit by the majority of monsters. So everytime a fighter yells at me, I tell them exactly how they FAIL'd

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #9
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
EXCUSE ME?!! XD Well really everyone gets complained about. Just that mostly clerics are complained because they have the most important part in a party, so if it gets messed up even a little it could ruin alot and mages/archer are complained sometimes, they complain about me sometimes XD Don't pull too much...use sp stones...don't life tap... and stuff like that, but that still doesn't ruin a party that's why they aren't complained much about. However you do have a point I feel bad for clerics T.T To be a cleric you need to stay focused, mages are completely opposite, they're the laziest XD AOE then rest... AOE then rest... and if you die you just...uhm... blame the cleric!

Last edited by Leesa; 10-16-2008 at 02:33 AM..
Old 10-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #10
taylor
Mushroom

In-Game Name: taylorA
Current Level: 47
Server: Teva
taylor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to taylor
from my point of view, for every MMORPG, every character play a part in the game. So everyone is important. it is a matter of the character that the player have and this will be reflected in the game.

So if a person is selfish, no matter which character he/she play, they will be selfish and not willingly to play a part in the game. And therefore it really depend on your luck whether u will come across player who have good attitude and all i can say is, it "rare". it just like getting a blue item in your KQ chest. lol.

Nowsaday player tend to forget abt the joy of helping up each other in the game. And even u volunteer to help, the other party just make use of u and once they done with their quest they just port away, and all the drops they will just pick up immediately without even setting to Seq. So in the end everyone just wan to solo themselves.

For myself ,
i got a cleric , my job is to heal, rez and buff and keep my party alive. I dun care whether ppl appreciate of wat i do or not. cos i have already chose to become a cleric and i got to fulfil wat a cleric got to do.

i got a mage , my job is just to attack and AOE and attack, and dispel those that need this service, cos i been chosen to use this skill. and keeping myself alive so that cleric do not need to worry abt healing and rezing me.
Closed Thread