Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Mm1

So today, i was grinding with a party of 2 mages (me and other) and 1 cleric in CP. So, the other mage noticed that i use MM1, and goes on to say that's like "leaching" (leeching, i think that's what he meant). Now, forgive me but I thought that MM1 was the bread and butter to mages. Is it still?

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
I still use my MM1, because I have put 5 points into the cooldown and 5 points into the power increase. I can hit MM1 five times and it do more damage than if I just hit MM7 one time and then have to wait for the cooldown before I can use it again. Now, on all my other skills where the cooldown did not change, ei. Fire Bolt was 15 second cooldown at level 1 and now at level 6, it is still 15 seconds, I will always use the most powerful one.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Magic Missile [01] is the bread and butter of Mages. Using anything above it is pointless. If anything, NOT using Magic Missile [01] is leeching. I'm amazed he could get that far without using it.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
magic missile 1 remains THE magic missile out of them all. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. :P why? simply because of the small cooldown.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
magic missile 1 remains THE magic missile out of them all. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. :P why? simply because of the small cooldown.
Small cool down time AND small SP consumption. :3
Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
that is true... when my sp bar above my head appears totally empty, (i.e. it has no blue in it) I can usually still cast mm1 for like at least 15-20 times xD

anyway if you think about it, mm1 is really fast to redo, with 5 in cooldown reduce it's almost rapid fire. the stronger mm does only slightly more dmg (around the same as a lightning bolt) which is nullified by the fact you can recast mm1 like 2 times in the time you could cast the heavier mm again.

also, more hits = more chances of crits.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its our #1 skill ^o^
Magic Missile doesn't have default set damage, it changes with you, so its not leeching (except for the "additional damage"). I mean, it doesn't do as much as the higher leveled skills, but you can cast it more. So you're actually doing more for the party than they think.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Yah! Yosei. I was wondering when you were gonna enter this dicussion.
I wanted to hear your input on this also, because I was basing mine off theory, opinion, thread info., and prefernce. I am glad to see that other high level mages agree with my strategy.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I was bored, so I tested it out on Goblins. I wrote down some random fact ^o^ I used ONLY magic missile.

Magic Missile 1
Starting SP: 2,518
Kill time: 12 seconds
Ending SP: 2,504
Damage: 305~321

Magic Missile 8
Starting SP: 2,518
Kill time: 14 seconds
Ending SP: 2,168
Damage: 420~470

Of course results may vary, due to different builds, equips, and empowerments.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
did you crit at all during those time?

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!