Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #41
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix

Originally Posted by ElegantAssassin View Post
Okay, this happened to me yesterday and it's not as bad as some of the stories on here but hey I'm new and I need posts

Well, I was levelling in one of the newb areas alone. Not in a party, no one there, nothing. And a bit later a mage came along. He ignored me and I ignored him and we both continued killing stuff for a while.

A bit later another mage came along. The first mage said hi to him and started talking a lot. Obviously the other mage was whispering, because mage #1 was the only one talking out loud. I just ignored them again and didn't get involved with them at all. I didn't even speak to them and they didn't speak to me.

Soon after, Mage #1 took on too many monsters than he could handle and he died. His friend left (probably to meet him in the city? I don't know).

I just continued levelling in the same spot.

Soon after, Mage #1 came back and went straight to me and said 'WHY DIDNT U HEAL ME?'

I was shocked. I told him I didn't know he wanted me to heal him and that I wasn't even talking to him.

And he replied 'U SHOULD HEAL IF YOU ARE A CLERIC YOU ****'

I teleported to Roumen after that because I am not good in situations like that. I realise now that being a Cleric is probably going to be a lot harder than any other of the jobs.

I just hope I can get through it!!
Clerics aren't hard. It's dealing with other players that is. =)

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
ThievingSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #42
Halvorson
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Green_Baret
Current Level: 40
Server: Teva
Halvorson is on a distinguished road
lolz i agree with everything so far, but you all missed one thing.

EVERY F-ING TIME ( ok well almost everytime) I GET IN A KQ the fighters are all like no no i cant tank, the boss will kill me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YOUR THE FIGHTER THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO TANK!!! jesus h freaking popsicle, i turn out to be the one who has to tank, i hate pansy fighters , not all fighter suck, but atleast 32% do
Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #43
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
32% is an underestimate xD

when you start getting fighters who CAN tank, but decide to go to the bathroom right in the middle of it all, then lose aggro on the boss, and it went and stomp on everyone else...

there's more incompetent fighters out there than you realise.. xD

Then he comes back and say "geez i went to the bathroom for a sec and look at happened"

YES LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 06-18-2009 at 05:30 AM..
Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:13 AM   #44
Halvorson
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Green_Baret
Current Level: 40
Halvorson is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
32% is an underestimate xD

when you start getting fighters who CAN tank, but decide to go to the bathroom right in the middle of it all, then lose aggro on the boss, and it went and stomp on everyone else...

there's more incompetent fighters out there than you realise.. xD

Then he comes back and say "geez i went to the bathroom for a sec and look at happened"

YES LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!
exactly, completely his fault and he blames other people, also known as the "wont accept responsibility for anything" guy, yet another of 42 known species of nub
Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #45
Bomme
Mushroom

Bomme is on a distinguished road
Ok, so heres my rant
I actually made this account specially for this . Ok, so KQs for one thing. I had this little twerp of a cleric in slime (i started a new account), i was the obvious tank, overpowered, +6 all gear, green this, buff that, and i asked for a heal.

First point, if the tank needs to ask for a heal, then the clerics are usually doing a ****house job, that being said, theres almost always more than one cleric. This however, wasnt the case, I said, "can you watch me? im getting a bit messed up" he said "ill try", a while later, "Dude, i need healing, im the tank, your the cleric, your supposed to be healing". Lets stop there, I know that sounds like a **** headed thing to say, but i have a 46 cleric, and i constantly do KQs, I know how things are supposed to work ok? then the little twerp grew the nuts enough to say "I am healing.... my party", If i could, i would have killed him... New clerics sometimes need to have intellegence beaten into them

Second, how damn annoying it is to get into a decent KQ party, i usually go in only when im in the high end of the limit, (for slime, 10+, mara 20+ robo 40+) and i ALWAYS get a bunch of invites from a party of idiots, you don't need a high cleric if you arent doing the main attacking! so i ask for a robo party (or whatever im after), get some more idiots invites, then another high level person invites me, i join, to find out its him, and a bunch of idiots! (i use idiots, cause i dont like 'noobs')

Third point! I was surfing this site (cause of server mattinence) and i was scrolling through the mage, the kept saying "We're heaps underpowered" i thought, fair enough, i always see my mage friends on the ground Then.... and this REALLY gets on my nerves..... one of them... who shall remain nameless.. said if clerics got a damage increase, then theyd be OVERPOWERED! over WHAT?! do clerics have ANY POWER?! sure we can heal, but fighters can stun us, and we cant heal, mages can cast fear on us, we cant heal. so thats half the damn population kicking our ass right off!

Fourth! Yes, we all get asked for a buff, and im one level off shutting them the hell up! but no, i have to grit my teeth and bear it... And whats with the cleric on cleric hate? I was in GC with two random clerics (not im my party) the first one buff capable, the second one, close to being it. The second one asked the first one "can i please get a buff?" (which i didnt do, for this particular reason) and the second one said "well then, level up!", sure i laughed, but, then i realised the inhumanity which took place... if we cant help each other, we're just as bad as the spammers!

Okay, so in summary, Clerics shouldn't be smartasses, in KQs that is, cause in KQs your all like one big party. People shouldn't waste their skills on people who don't need it! Mages dont need heals, they should look after themselves, a level 5 fighter shouldnt even be attacked, the tank has the right of way! thats my best piece of info, the tank needs all the clerical focus in the KQ! they need the buffs, they need the heals, they need the clerical loooove! so even if he is a bum, just buff, heal and tell to shut up. The reason we keel over to fighters, is cause theyre the best made class, we need improvements majorly either in the damage or in the buff regions (clerics should get better stats from buffs). And cmon, each cleric goes through the same stuff, buff spammed (even at lvl 20) rev spammed (even at lvl 10) and heal spammed (from lvl 1) so lets help each other out!

Oh and help randoms out, even if they don't ask, i actually prefer it if they don't, cause then you don't know if theyre an ass, and they almost always say "ty" (also a GREAT way to invite yourself into peoples parties)
Bomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #46
Bomme
Mushroom

Bomme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Halvorson View Post
exactly, completely his fault and he blames other people, also known as the "wont accept responsibility for anything" guy, yet another of 42 known species of nub
I'd like to see a documentry on Nat Geo about that!
Bomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #47
KittyZephy
Mushroom

In-Game Name: XxZephyrxX
Current Level: 42
Server: Bijou
KittyZephy is on a distinguished road
Ok, i've moved on past mara kq, breezed through gold hill with relatively few blows to my already battered and broken views of the community and got thrust blindly into the world of robo kq. Now i understand that everyone has it hard in this kq but seriously, i feel like clerics are SO underappreciated there!

So in my last run about an hour or so ago, within 5-6 mins of the kq starting, i'm running with a train of angry kebings/wolves/boars chasing me in the tiny room while the mages/archers dead on the floor spam for a rez, and the fighters who refuse to snare/mock demand healing.
problem number 1: if i'm dead, i cant heal you
problem number 2: if i stop running for my life/healing my self, i die which leads back to problem number one
problem number 3: if you would PLEASE get the aggro off me, i could heal you which nullifys your complaint that if you draw aggro you will die.

Petpeeves of mine:
~If you're not in my party, do not insult me with snarky comments like
"man what good clerics we have, cant even get a rez" "omg zeph you noob rez me"
if i'm struggling to keep the mages/archers in my party alive since they keep drawing the aggro of multiple things with their aoe skills, i cant rez you. Calling me a noob will only serve to make sure that even if i'm not healing or running for my life when i see you dead i will 'dance 5' on your dead body. If i have the time i will rez dead people because as a cleric i know it is somewhat my responsibility to keep people alive. Keep in mind my priority of course is to keep the people in my own damn party alive first.
~ Kill the freaking vivis. We always dance during that 2 mins of safety, we always make the plan to 'kill the vivis and archers first'. when the boars come running the plan falls apart and we have the masses running to seperate corners leaving me with an angry mob of vivis and archers chasing me. Please refer once again to problem number one.
~People in my party scatter to the 4 corners of the room and have me trying to run to all of them and heal. It annoys me to no end when i press F3 and heal and suddenly my toon is tearing across the map to a party member nowhere nearby. then f4 and it's another direction. one would think that if you want cleric heals you would you know, stay near the freaking cleric.

I think i'm done for now, but those 3 failed runs today really got my blood boiling. =_=
KittyZephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #48
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
"problem number 3: if you would PLEASE get the aggro off me, i could heal you which nullifys your complaint that if you draw aggro you will die."

Why is it that they can have time and keystrokes to shout HEAL! HEAL! but not to STONE! POT! ?

As for aggro, does anyone other than a cleric ever even look at the party status boxes? Do they even know their cleric is in trouble or busy healing someone else?

Everyone wants to pull and kill stuff often at the same time and sometimes too much for lil ol me to deal with.
Silent Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #49
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KittyZephy View Post
Calling me a noob will only serve to make sure that even if i'm not healing or running for my life when i see you dead i will 'dance 5' on your dead body.
Damn straight!! That's something I'd do!

Noob? HUH? Did you say... NOOOOOOB? like.. WHERE? OH look who's the one on the floor... look who's the one that's begging... look who's the one thats gonna lose a heart

And yeah, Robo is all about save yourself first... sometimes if I feel like it, I tell my party "I probably cant heal everyone, so look after yourself too"

If they don't understand that, then they deserve to be dead LOL

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
Yasumi
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Yasumi, Byoki, Sawbones
Yasumi is on a distinguished road
Can anyone buff?
I love seeing someone shout "Can anyone buff me?" I sometimes reply: "No, only a cleric of the appropriate level can." (^_^)

My cleric is my only male charater. (I am a girl) I find people don't expect a male cleric to be as sensitive to their needs. (although this view could be biased by other factors) Also allows me to tell off idiots who keep spamming me without seeming unladylike.
Yasumi is offline   Reply With Quote