Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Server: Teva
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger

Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
yes, it's called "onomatopoeia". i hate spelling that word. have to keep reminding myself it's "oeia" at the end. lol
Im that sad I memorized how to spell Onomatopoeia.... XD
Old 11-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #22
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I wouldn't call that sad.

Now if you knew Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies off by heart, then...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #23
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by a.L View Post
I wouldn't call that sad.

Now if you knew Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies off by heart, then...
I...I cant even pronounce that
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #24
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
it's actually just a bunch of Greek or Latin prefixes put together. you'll see it heaps when you study biology. most don't even exist in standard dictionary.

Here's what I can make out of that word by looking at it but I won't ever remember the entire word. lol

hepatic - liver
chol - bile duct (in liver)
angio - blood vessel
chole - bile duct
enteros - intestine
tomy - surgery

and usually you just pronounce the prefixes per se and make your way across the entire word because it's too long to assign a stressed syllabus.

even for a simple word like aldosterone, different lecturers said it in two different ways with stress placed on the second and third syllable, respectively. so pronunciation in the medical field is really flexible because they can infer it from the context. if you say "aldosterone" from the adrenal cortex is part of sodium homeostatic mechanism, they immediately know what you're on about even though you attempt another variant that places stress on the first syllable. xD

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by lamchopz; 11-11-2008 at 03:09 AM..
Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #25
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Some are just too ridiculously long.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Last edited by a.L; 11-10-2008 at 07:29 AM..
Old 11-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #26
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
i don't even want to look at it. LOL

btw, when is the next chapter coming along, DragonEX?

-------------------------------------------------
Old 11-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #27
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
I thought I would point out some mistakes for you :D
By seeing them...hmm are you German? D: German nouns are in capital letters...I was wondering if that was why you put many of the words in caps xP

Well it's always nicer to have a corrected version of things :)
I wish it was more gory! :D

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX View Post
The Demon’s Claw Arched down, the blood-stained blades just grazed Ven’s neck as he swerved to his right to avoid the almost fatal hit.
“Heh, I guess I’m loosing my touch” He Muttered before Rolling to his left to avoid another slash from his opponent.
The Demon Ven was Facing was one of the lesser threats that he had to face in his line of work. His Client was a Priest who phoned Ven One quiet Tuesday Morning Explaining to him in his Distraught and fear filled voice that this demon had been plaguing his church and killing the villagers of his town.
The beast he had been hired to slay was about 9ft tall, it had a human shape. And that was the only thing human about it.
The Demon had horrible green and yellow bloodshot eyes that bulged from his arms, torso and the black lump on its neck that resembled a head. It’s arms were long and skinny with bits of flesh hanging off at it’s wrist and elbows. It’s(Its) Skin was black with cracks all over, the cracks were more noticeable near the joints were orange coloured pus Oozed out slowly.

And you know the rest :) You could go over it
I love the description of the beast :D Allows me to imagine it quite easily in my head.
Waiting for gorier works from you >:D
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 11-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #28
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Originally Posted by bloodrops View Post
I thought I would point out some mistakes for you
By seeing them...hmm are you German? D: German nouns are in capital letters...I was wondering if that was why you put many of the words in caps xP

Well it's always nicer to have a corrected version of things
I wish it was more gory!

And you know the rest You could go over it
I love the description of the beast Allows me to imagine it quite easily in my head.
Waiting for gorier works from you >
Noes Im not german ;-; I'm English
And Thanks ! I'm proud of my descriptive ability >D

And once I eventually finish the first draft I'll go over it all and make it less....random

Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
i don't even want to look at it. LOL

btw, when is the next chapter coming along, DragonEX?

I've done up to chapter 10, I cant really be bothered writing much of Chapter 11 since I'm getting cought up in Fiesta, Phoenix wright (so addictive), school, etc.

But if anyone wants to read the story so far PM me your e-mail adress and Ill send you the chapters !
Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #29
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Chapter 2.. as requested. I'm quite proud of this chapter and chapter 3 ^^

Demon Assassin

Chapter 2 – A Disappointing Flame

After hearing where he should dispose of the Demons Ven left Dr. Crippler’s estate with his head filled with questions about the mysterious Scarlett. It wasn’t often that his client gave him the location of the Demons, but it wasn’t unheard of. Mainly Ven made a rough estimate of where to search based on the attacks his Clients have described.
The directions took him to the alley he had travelled through to reach the estate but instead of following the winding road Ven walked down a small passage off to the side barely visible unless you were looking for it. The Passage soon opened up into another alleyway.
“Come out an’ Plaaaaaaaayy” Ven shouted sarcastically at the alley around him, he closely inspected each dumpster and trash can as he walked past, looking for any signs of his objective. Ven’s Arms began to throb more violently, As if scanning the area with Ven, searching for the Demons.
In the corner of the alleyway was home to an open fuse box, one of the wires was sticking out, the end of the wire was ripped open and Ven noticed a Small amount of electricity buzzing around the piece of metal.
‘Dumm De Dumdum Dee’
It was the sound of his Cell phone, he flipped it open and listened to the caller.
“Ven? This is Dr. Crippler...” The Familiar Voice said monotonously “I was calling to see if Scarlett has arrived yet?”
“Nope, Sorry Doc, no sign of Scarlett so far. But I can handle these Demons by myself” Ven replied casually.
“What? That ignorant brat! How DARE sh-” The Doctor stopped himself, his voice had changed. It sounded horse and irrational. “I do apologise. Please, carry on with the mission.” Dr. Crippler added on before hanging up leaving Ven alone in the alley.

Or so he thought.

Almost immediately the small amount of electricity orbiting the ripped open wire exploded into a fury of blue light. Three Small Turquoise coloured Demons emerged from the light; Emerged probably isn’t the right word. A better description would be that the light became the Demons.
The blinding light faded, leaving Ven alone to fight the Demons in the dark. The only light came from his arms that were glowing with immense rage.
The Demons looked exactly like the ones in the picture but a little bigger. The holes that replaced their mouths were opening and closing rapidly with the sharp flesh surrounding them twitched slightly.

Then the tips of the Demon’s arms began to glow with the similar blue light that they emerged from. Ven suddenly became cautious from seeing this as the first demon lunged forward, this Demon had a large scar across it’s face and looked like a Male, the other two were female and one had an extra eye than the others.
The Male Demon thrust one of its arms forward as it soared toward Ven, A Burst of Lightning erupted from the stump and darted around the alleyway toward Ven.
“This wasn’t in the job description” Ven murmured with surprise as he rolled to his left, picked up a nearby Trash can and launched it toward the Male Demon, who was now getting too close for comfort.
The Trash can hit the Demon and propelled it backward causing the Creature to lose its focus and the lightning to miss it’s target.
Ven had experienced Demons like this before; they drew their power from something, like little electric leeches. In this case it seemed the power source was the Fuse box.

He had found the weakness.

Ven dived forward to dodge another blast of electricity from the little Demons. Suddenly an idea started to form in his head.
Without a second thought Ven started to put his plan into action, He rolled forward again to dodge another shot, Ven was starting to take his dodges with less elegance.
The female with an extra eye decided to join the fray and dived on top of Ven as he got closer, it took little effort for Ven to grab the approaching Demon and throw it toward the Male, who was just starting to recover from his meeting with the Trash can.
The final Demon left seemed to be immobilized by fear, she was his target, It took Ven only a few seconds to run close enough to the Demon for him to be able to grab it with his left hand.
Ven clutched the Demon’s skull tightly and with great force he smashed it’s face into the Fuse box. The Demon Screeched with pain, the holes in it’s face seemed to split the voice into many different pitches. Ven’s ears pleaded for him to cover them, in a few seconds he would be deaf from the noise, he had to think fast as the horrible screeching was starting to hurt his brain as the inside of his skull rattled.
With his right hand he grabbed a nearby pipe, and with his left he exerted more pressure on the screaming Demon’s head, Ven used the searing pain and converted it into strength as he ripped the Pipe from the wall and using the jagged edge he impaled the Demon’s head onto the Fuse box.
These was a loud bang and small flash as the last bit of power coming from the Fuse box was snuffed out.
“Lets see how to fare now” Ven said as he turned around, expecting the demons to be either dead or powerless.
But he was wrong.
The Male and Female Demons had just recovered from Ven’s last attack and were looking at him with a Mocking expression on their face.
The Female leaped Forward this time and let a bolt of lightning erupt from her left arm, it hit Ven in the shoulder, sending him back a few feet.
The searing pain and burning from the wound was incredible but Ven gritted his teeth and looked up at the two demons, who seemed stronger than before. “Lucky shot” He murmured, wincing as he recovered and stood up.
The Demons seemed to get some sort of twisted pleasure out of Ven’s stubbornness and relished the thought of a prolonged battle. It was then that Ven understood that there was only one way these Demons could still have power, and so much of it at that.

Someone else was controlling them, and there were a lot more on the way.

But Before Ven could speculate who the Mastermind was and whether he was Human or Demon the alley glowed with a dazzling yet haunting, blue light.
“Oh Shi-” Ven Started but he was cut off as roughly twenty more demons emerged from the blue light all around him. Their Faces buzzed with excitement and hunger at their new prey.

Ven was Alone to stare Hell in the face Yet again. And this time,
He might not win.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #30
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Please Pardon the triple post, i thought it would be necisary so i didn't exceed the text post limit thingy...
Chapter 3

Demon Assassin

Chapter 3 – Flames in the Dark

Ven Stared at the horde of Demons, more appeared every second. A million different thoughts and questions clouded his mind; how was he supposed to win?
Then his mind was hushed.
A single noise reigned over all else.
A single demonic sound tempted him from the corner of his head:
“You can’t win, only a Demon could win, only a Demon Conqueror, a true Lord among Demons could defeat this many Demons. Hmmmm, I wonder where you’ll ever find a creature like that...” Beowolf was seizing the moment. Ven was weak, But determined

“No, I won’t let you take control; you will not be set free on this world. Not again.” Ven murmured to himself stubbornly.
Ven’s normally calm blue iris turned blood red, his teeth grew sharper and his arms started to glow violently as if getting warning the Demons
“Yeeeeess, almost there Ven.” The demonic voice whispered, coaxing him, trying to persuade Ven to let him have complete control.

Ven was weak.

And Beowolf was Strong

“Finally, I get to spill some blood” Ven said as he stood up, his head was tilted down but his voice had changed, it had become lower, more calmer.

Less Human.

“Heh Heh Heh” Ven started to laugh, even the Demons started to back away, knowing something was the matter. “I knew Ven couldn’t keep me pinned down forever” Beowolf muttered with delight at the fight ahead.
“Now, Prepare to Die!” Beowolf Screeched before lunging forward into the battalion of Demons.

All Ven could see was darkness, the place he was in was darker than a thousand nights and colder that the coldest winters. He had failed, Beowolf had taken control. But not complete control. Ven wasn’t stupid, and he certainly wasn’t weak.
Ven had managed to keep some control away from Beowolf, he had little control over his actions but he was able to stop his body from turning into that of a Demon’s and he was able to make Beowolf focus on the Demons in front of him instead of the houses full of delicious Humans nearby.

Beowolf was irritated that he could not take full control of Ven’s body but he knew one thing; Bloodshed is bloodshed, it doesn’t matter whether the victim is of the human nature or of demonic nature. He was just happy to kill.
The Demons were stunned at Beowolf’s surprise attack; the Demons closest to him were the first to be killed as Beowolf effortlessly ripped their heads apart. Beowolf’s Demonic strength was flourishing with Ven’s Demonic arms, his legs and other human parts however were weaker than normal.
The Demons stationed behind the slaughtered started to dart around, trying to get to a safe distance to fire at their supposed ‘victim’. The ones that got away were lucky as Beowolf soon cleared through the Demons that were too slow. The Manner at which he killed them was cruel and merciless.
This was slaughter.
To some Beowolf would simply decapitate them or rip open their necks, but to others he would deal a fate worse than death has he ripped apart their limbs, with his teeth and arms. Leaving them to die from the massive blood loss. It was truly a gruesome sight, Ven could only listen to the screeches of pain and fear as the demons clambered away from their killer.
Blood sprayed everywhere, the grey, thick, sticky liquid covered Ven’s body, and a few specks entered his mouth. It was foul, but to Beowolf the few specks were enough. The taste of his prey’s blood sparked something in Beowolf.
‘If this was Demon blood.... then what about Human?’ Ven could hear his thoughts and as he felt the small amount of control he had over his body slipping away he panicked. Trapped in this darkness, he was only able to hear what was going on. And the sound of Human screams wasn’t a sound he wanted to hear anytime soon.
“I....I can’t” He murmured to himself in the Darkness, desperate to hear something other than the screeches of the Demons that Beowolf was destroying effortlessly. “I....I’m too weak......h...he c...can’t kill those pe....peo....ple....

No.... He WON’T kill those people. If that means I have to die at the hands of Demons then so be it.” Ven’s utter despair caused by the inner battle was devoured by the determination not to let the innocent suffer

“No, No More” He said to his demon half.
“Let’s see you stop me...” the demonic and bloodthirsty voice replied spitefully
“I said N-”
“I know what you said” Beowolf shouted mockingly, cutting Ven off “Now let’s see you tr-”
“NO MORE!” Ven screamed interrupting Beowolf. The Demon was taken back by the sudden power that Ven possessed, “YOU WILL NOT SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT” He Screamed once more as his eyes returned to their normal blue colour.
He had won, not against the Lightning spitting Demon’s he was assigned to kill. But against the Demonic Master Beowolf.

At that moment he regained his vision, there were only about 9 or 10 Demons left compared to the 30 or 40 that were there only seconds before.
And Ven realised he couldn’t move. His Strength was immediately drained, he fell to the floor. He barely had enough strength to move his head as he landed in the putrid-smelling liquid he assumed was either the blood of his body or of the Demons that had been slaughtered only moments before.
With his last bit of strength he turned his head at his objective; they were confused at what had happened. But it didn’t take long for them to understand the situation, their prey was weak.

Time to kill.

Darkness again, Ven wondered if he had lost control to Beowolf again but that idea was soon diminished by the sound of delightful screeches instead of ones of fear and distress. He felt a sharp pain in his right leg; they must be making him suffer as he made them.
The pain caused by the sharp pieces of flesh was immense and unmerciful.
It was cold, cold and dark. He started to feel death’s embrace as he hoped he would fall unconscious before the Demons started to engorge themselves on his organs.
Darkness, pain. The Embrace of death was growing stronger and stronger. Then the presence of the grim reaper drifted away. He didn’t know how, maybe the Demons were somehow keeping him awake, torturing him and making death come slowly. The Intensity of pain was slowly rising; as the demons stuck their small heads inside the growing hole is Ven’s leg, gnawing away at his flesh.
The Warming embrace of death that had left him only moment before was replaced with an embrace of Fire. A whirlwind of emotions appeared inside Ven’s mind as the pain stopped and screeches of pain could be heard from the Demons that were feasting on his flesh only moment ago.
The Warmth gave him Strength, Power, Hope. He managed to open his eyes to the sound of a gun firing and the Demon closest to him being thrown back, another sound filled his ears, it was another gunshot but louder than the first as the same Demon’s face erupted in a cloud of blood and bone.
Ven had new strength from the sight of his predators being killed. He managed to tilt his head, first at his leg to inspect the damage. He winced at what he saw; the pain had stopped but only because his leg had gone numb. However he was happy to see the wound was not as bad as he thought, the Demons had broken the flesh and devoured through a few centimetres of muscle but because of the size of the Demon’s mouths the wound was fairly small. He would be able to walk on it but it would be painful and it would take a few weeks, Maybe months until they fully healed.
Another gunshot filled his ears, this one sounding more like the first; it was a short sound but defiantly a gunshot. Ven could roughly identify it as a pistol or some other kind of close combat weapon.
This sound was followed by the louder gunshot; he identified this as a Shotgun of some kind, both by the sound and the wound of the Female Demon it hit.
Ven tilted his head away from his wound and at his saviour. As his head turned he saw the last three Demons shooting blasts of Lightning off in the Direction of the gun slinging life-saver. But they didn’t shoot for long as one was taken down by an array of Bullets, supposedly from the shotgun to the head.
Ven’s head carried on moving in the Direction of his Hero, and when the profile of the gun wielding Demon killer filled his eyes he couldn’t believe it.
The last two Demons were dispatched of by two more gunshots.
Ven’s saviour turner her attention to the wounded body lying on the floor. At that moment Ven managed to let a small word escape his mouth before he fell victim to unconsciousness:

“Scarlett.”
Closed Thread