Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
The best Cleric build?

Okay, so this thread is nothing more than your personal opinion on which is the best Cleric build. I've heard of two different types of Cleric builds. Pure SPR is just dumb as hell so i'm not even going to mention that. But there's a END/STR build and an END/SPR build. I need to know which one's the best. Obviously at level 20+ all i'll be doing is partying while occasionally soloing (if i'm forced to). So i'm not worried about whats best up until that point. I need to know whats best AFTER that point. Getting to level 20 is a breeze for me and takes only about a day if I work hard and get into at least one Kingdom Quest every two hours.

No matter what the build I am going for 25 END first so that I can get that out of the way and allow myself to take hits better. I'm not worried about SP because of 'Divinity". Now, besides my build i'm also worried about what weapon I should use. I see nearly 99.9% of all Clerics using Hammers at level 20+. But should I do the same? Obviously I want to dish out some damage, take some hits, and be able to keep my party alive. But at the same time I don't want to be carrying something as ugly as a Hammer. Now, if we get Mace Mastery twice before we even get Hammer Mastery, wouldn't that technically make the Maces stronger than Hammers?

Another thing I need help with is skill empowerment. I'm already going to put five points into lowering SP consumption and another five points into decreasing the cool down time so that I can spam it constantly without having to suck all my SP up. But after that, what should I empower? I don't want to waste any points and I want to try and be the best Cleric I can possibly be. Also about rings, should I just use END rings? Or would it be okay to go ahead and use STR rings? Or should I use one STR ring and one END ring? Anyways, thanks for any and all help (as long its actually helpful).
Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I can't say which is the "best" build. I've tried both in CB and OB, and they each have their own advantages/disadvantages. Depends on what you prefer.

Obviously when I had more STR, I was able to smack things and kill things a lot faster - which lets me solo a bit better than my current END/SPR cleric (I have 25 SPR and is now pumping END). END/SPR gives me a better crit rate - but a rate is a rate, I don't constantly do it (although I crit more often in OB.. I think) - but I love SPR too because I get more SP. True, there is that Divinity skill, but how often do we get it? Not very. How much SP does it at? Not a whole heap. I still get the skill, of course, but the extra SP from the SPR stat makes me happy. I remember my SP stones usage rate was a lot faster in CB because I had less SP. Having more SP now lets me go for slightly longer grinding sessions without having to go back to get more stones, but then I don't think the difference is too great anyway.

About whether you should use mace/hammers - I'm not going to comment because I switch all the time. I use whatever I get for free/cheaply because... I'm just too poor. xD I don't get the mace/hammer masteries though. They're expensive and I don't think they're all that good either. Might as well save my money for something else.

As for skill empowerments, besides the 10 points for heal, I've also chucked another 5 points into increasing duration time of Invincible. After putting 5 points into it, your invincible becomes .. 15.5 seconds I think. You might think "psht, 7 seconds, with a 2 minute cooldown, what difference does that make?" Well, let me tell you, it's damn useful. I spam invincible a lot whenever I can now, and let's just say that it saved me and my partys' asses heaps of time. Being able to buy 7 more seconds to revive someone/heal myself/heal someone else/finishing killing the mob is awesome. Of course, this is a personal preference. I haven't added anything else yet, I'm saving up my skill points for... no idea, maybe rejuvenate, but I'll see.

If you don't like the idea of increasing duration of invincible, then don't put any points in it at all. It's a waste if you only put like 2 or 3 points and then leave it - it's good to either max it out or not max it at all. I always like the idea of chucking 5 points into one thing to max it all out instead of chucking 2 or 3 points here and there.

I've also heard that putting 5 points into enhancing bash is good. I haven't done this myself because I'm planning to be more of a support cleric rather than a battle cleric, so I'm saving my points for support skills. But if you're the type that likes to go up and whack everything, then putting 5 points in bash would be your choice as it's our only attack skill until level 40 (then we have trip/bleed which I haven't got... because if I switch weapons, I can't use the other, so no comment on those).

And I don't know much about rings... I don't know much about armour/weapons/accessories someone else can comment on that. I only wear rings I get from quests or I pick up, never buy them. xD I'll wear anything that has STR/END/SPR I guess (preferabbly END/SPR since that's my build... if you have STR/END build then STR/END ring I guess? -shrugs-).
Old 10-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Okay, well I decided to not amp up SPR. That critical rate I can get from a decent rare weapon. So i'll have about the same chance of getting a critical as a person without rare weapon. But I also have Earrings that give me a +1% Critical so that'll help to. I'm going STR/END but what should the ratio be? 1:3? Or 1:2? Or vice versa? As for the Hammers/Maces I might go with Hammers to go with my STR/END build.

As for rings I think i'll just use END rings so I don't have to worry about losing anything from boosting my STR. I already have two +7 END rings so that'll be good for a while. I'll increase the duration of Invincible but after that i'll wait until everything comes out or until I hit a much higher level (40+ to be exact). Thanks Blaaaaaaaah. But of course, if anyone else wants to throw in their two cents, now would be the time before I get to far.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Lyoven
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Duke
Current Level: Can shout!
Lyoven is on a distinguished road
wow Blaaah is playing exactly the cleric i had - and loved! - in CB
except that i sticked to my mace and used str/end rings for fighting and end/spr ones for partyplay.
i also loved my extended invincible.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
I'm going STR/END but what should the ratio be? 1:3? Or 1:2? Or vice versa?
I don't usually have a specific ratio, I sometimes add what I feel like. I'll add some END when I feel like I die easily, or add to STR when I feel like I can survive well but is slow at killing.

If you want a ratio though, I'd suggest maybe 1:2 STR/END. I don't think you need that much endurance in comparison to your strength (since you could also use scrolls and things to help you as well). In CB I think I had the 1:1 ratio, but I placed points randomly, so yeah.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #6
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
You placed points randomly? o.0 Oh my brother just started (cos I forced him to be my little cleric pet) and he needs help with skill build and stat build and stuff. I've told him to use the 25Spr/Full End build but he still wants some high level cleric to reassure him because I don't play a cleric. So if any of you could help him, his IGN is Arthnu. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Yea, I didn't follow a specific ratio in CB because I didn't know what ratios were good, so I placed points into STR / END depending what I felt like.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #8
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
I see. But that's good too. You adapt to your situations appropriately. I should learn how to do that.
Closed Thread