Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Getting Started With Production Skills

I think this might be the most common question I've heard in the game so far; this and how to enhance items. When someone posted a thread earlier today asking for help with production skills I was going to direct him to the guide here, but there wasn't one that I saw. While he was answered in a succinct manner I still think it can't hurt to have a more detailed guide. Now, thanks in large part to my extreme boredom coupled with insomnia, there is one.

The goal of this guide is to be able to take someone completely clueless about basic production skills, or the game in general for that matter, and lead them step by step through it. I tried to be as detailed and precise as possible to help avoid a few of the common things that seem to stump a number of people for some reason. Anyway, for my examples here I'm going to be learning the Stone Production Skill, however the process is the same for all of the skills.

First you want to open the Skill Information Window either by clicking the appropriate button in the menu bar or by pressing K on the keyboard:

Follow steps 1-2 in the Skill Info window:
  • 1. Click the Alchemy button if you are not in the Alchemy section already.
  • 2. Click the Production Skills button.

Now follow steps 3-5 in the Production Skills window:
  • 3. A single left-click on the Stone Production icon should grab the skill. Please note that you do not hold the mouse button down drag and drop style, rather click and release to 'grab' it.
  • 4. While you're pointer has the icon, point in either of the open boxes at the top and single left-click again to drop the skill.
  • 5. Press OK to finalize your choice.
Note that until you press OK you will not learn the skill and you can still change your selection, but after you press the OK it is final and as of yet there is no way to change your production skills once chosen.

Learning a Production Skill costs you nothing however you will need purchase recipes to put it to use. For the beginning recipes we go to Skill Master Ruby who resides in Roumen which is the town you start the game in. If you press M to show your map you will find her at the icon that looks like a scroll:

Once you make your way to Ruby click on her to initiate conversation, then click Purchase Skill Scroll to get to her Skill Shop window.

In the shop window click the alchemy icon to get to her alchemy recipes. You will need to gain production skill points by creating lower level items before you are able to learn the higher level recipes. For demonstrative purposes I'll be starting with the lowest level item in the Stone Production Skill, Elrue [1]. Naturally if you're not using Stone Production you will want to buy the starting recipe of your production skill of choice.

Please note that if you cannot see recipes for your production skill you may need to navigate to the other pages by pressing the forward or back buttons on the bottom of the skill shop window.

After purchasing the learning scroll for your recipe it will go into your inventory, right-click the scroll. It will disappear and you will have permanently learned that recipe.

Open your Skill Information window once again and you'll see that it now displays the Production Skills and recipes that you've learned:

From the Skill Information window, right-click your production skill in order to get to production window for that production skill. Alternatively you can assign this to a hotkey just like any other skill. This is where you'll work from when producing your various creations:

• A: Name and description of selected recipe.
  • B: Production Skill Points - Increases as you create items allowing you to learn and create higher level items.
  • C: Minimum production point level required to be able to create item.
  • D: Ingredient names and required amounts for selected recipe.
  • E: Picture of required ingredients with bottom right number showing how many you have in your inventory.
  • F: Set how many you wish to produce (limited by your ingredients naturally)
  • G: Begins producing the amount you set. It changes to "Stop" after you click it so you can cease at any point if you want or need to.
You will, of course, have to find the necessary ingredients on your own, however you can look at these other guides to find out which monsters drop what you need and where you can find them.

Mob Drop Guide
Monster Locations Guide

That's just about it, I hope some people find this useful. It's probably more detailed than it needed to be, but I had nothing better to do, lol.

Last edited by Pritcher; 08-08-2007 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Mixed up my left and right lol
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Very nice. I'm sure this would help a lot of people, it took me a while to discover this production skills thing.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
link12345515
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Link_of_Hyrule
Current Level: 17~30
link12345515 is on a distinguished road
put it on wiki
Old 08-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Nice guide. O_O
Old 08-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
MAJ_-end_
Fire Mushroom

MAJ_-end_ is on a distinguished road
cool

thank you

=]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
very nice guide
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
I hate getting asked this because there are so many parts to it so its a very usuful guide.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
egliukas
Slime

egliukas is on a distinguished road
anyone knows where i can get alchemy stone?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Item Merchant Elderine (the merchant near Myzen I think).
Old 09-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh, it would've never crossed my mind that I had to learn the skill before I buy the recipes... Thanks!
Closed Thread