Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
Horinia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Horinia
Current Level: 6x
Server: Apoline
Horinia is on a distinguished road
Robo KQ guide (didnt see one)

Robo Guide

Ok so bear with me. I have not written a guide since my old days in EQ.

Now I used to do Robo KQ pretty much every time I could back in Apoline. And as a tank, it did get a bit frustrating sometimes to hear everyone want Robo's kill for the quest, attempt to do it, and then have every one runing around in the chaos that ensued. So here are some pointers, that may help you kill him.

#1 Make up

In order to pull off this strat, youll need 2 40+ tanks, about 5 33-39 fighters with mock, 1 runner and of course some clerics.

#2 Positioning

Fighter 1, we will call them that, the first of your 2 40+ tanks, should position themselves near the front of the pck. Not quite in the doorway, but a bit behind. Fighter 2 should place themselves in the doorway, only leaving that spot fot he first few minutes to help kill room spawns.

The clerics can be anywhere really so long as they know who to target for mock heals. DD's such as mages and archers should always be at the back, makes it easier to see when they draw agro from the main tanks.

#3 The beggining

With the 2 40+ tanks set as your rotation what should happen is that the first tank will use mock when the monsters in the room spawn, that draws the first set to them while the second 40+ tank helps with the killing. Part of the key here for the second tank is to try to keep an eye outside the door for the runners that rush the room. As soon as the rushers enter the room Fighter 2 will mock them to him, by that time depending on your DPS the first room spawns should be dead.

Some key points to remember. While all this is going on, some mobs may slip the main tanks agro. If that happens, lower level fighters should run and pull them off the DD's with kick. Do not use mock for this, as it MAY draw more mobs that the main tanks are holding. This is why you have the DD's in the back, away from the chaos. Makes it tons easier for the fighters to pick them off. And DD"s , if you do get agro, dont run around, stay there, use stones and if the fighters do thier jobs right, it will soon be off you.Running around makes it hard sometimes to target and land kick on those things =).

#4 DSK (I always hated those things.)

For these sometimes they can be a KQ wiper, I know I've seen it happen. First know when they are coming. They spawn after the skelle Warriors. Before they spawn, make sure your best fighter is in position waiting. To make it easier have a few clerics ready to invince the tank. You can set up a rotation or whatever you need. MAke sure that you spam heal them, they hit hard and fast. Use the same procedure with the 2 tank set up. Just spam the crud out of them.

And tanks should not be afraid to use stones or potions.

#5 Runner

This part can be odd. Depending on your KQ setup , you should have an idea if you can go for Robo or not. First lets assume you just lack the DPS to do it.

In the case where you arent going for robo, take the best tank you have. They should have the folowing scrolls on them, run speed, mdef and vit(not AS important but helps). When the timer hits 8:00 the runner takes off. The first set of boars SHOULD head right for them, when the fighter gets to them they should hit MOck and keep running. Yes this will mean they will needto use a stone, but it really grabs the agro for the rest of the run. By the time the runner hits the second boar spawn, they should have mock cooled down, so they hit it again. This will ensure that 70-80% of the mobs stay on them. The usual, one ortwo healers, once things have settled down, just follow the runner around, throwing heals at them til the KQ is over.

***Key points***

Runners should NOT be afraid to use pots or stones. Yes it costs money, but there are ~19 other people in this KQ, not just you, so dont make other people loose because you want to save a few copper. When I would run I wouldtypically go through 10-15 stones, and maybe 10 pots , till the clerics got rezzs done and caught up.

To all the people out there that do this, and this is my biggest pet peve, if your group has decided NOT to kill robo ,then DONT PULL HIM FROM RUNNER. All you do when you do that is die, then robo runs around picking off vivi killers. So congrats, you put the whole KQ at risk. Just leave him alone and be happy with a chest and 8k XP.

Get those vivs ASAP. Actually mages make pretty good tanks for these , as thier MDEF really cuts into thier hits.

TAB KEY IS YOUR FRIEND. If your having trouble targeting them in the mess, just tab cycle through there till you hit a vivi or archer.

How to kill robo smooth coming soon to this.Again suggestions and pointers are always welcome, flaming not so much, these are some ways to do this, not the only ways, so if you have something you find works good throw it up here lol.

Last edited by Horinia; 01-06-2008 at 09:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Horinia
Speedy Slime

#6 Killing Robo

To do this part you will need to assign as a runner preferably a cleric. Make sure you dont pass them on the run, and keep them alive. You should have all the vivis killed within about 4 min on the timer.

The 2 main tanks will need to be ready to grab robo. Have 1 or 2 healers assinged to them. The 5 lower level fighters though will be a key part of this.

Now for tanking Robo, the 2 tanks will paly the agro bounce game. Even if robo switches from one target to the other, it shouldent matter. Just keep your eyes on the tanks you have been assinged, heal as needed. Robo will fear one every once in awhile. Thats ok so long as both fighters have top seats on agro. Thats will allow time for fear to drop and for the second tank to get back in there and kick to thier hearts content. Do not use mock to hold agro on him. Kick2 is enough, and if you use mock you may accidently hit it right as he spawns his trash.

Now throughout the fight robo will spawn 4-5 sets of mobs, this is where the lower fighters come in. As soon as you see those spawns, hit that mock key and start to run. If the main tanks have done thier job there should be no way you steal robo agro off them. 1 mock just isnt enough to do it, but it is enough to keep those pesky mobs off your tanks and dps and healers. Have an idea who is first, second, third, etc etc. As long as you keep them away you should have NP winning.

If done right, there will be a bunch of trash and runners going around with maybe some time to spare on the clock. Try to get the remaining vivs down if you can, if not just try to finish out the time remaining, and stay alive.

**Key points**

One spawn of robos wil have vivis in it. Try to save yor best lower fighter for this. And if your not 100% sure they can take it, have a cleric with them to heal and invince as needed.

33-39 fighters are better used for spawn grabs, not dps. Face it , a mage or an archer at this point in the game seriously out DPS you.
Hearts are best saved for this part in the game. Try to keep one left for the last 2 min of the KQ.

Try to do all your planning for Robo during your downtime. This really isnt a good time to try to sell that ZK weapon or have a dance off. Remember as always, there are more people then just you in this, and working as a team will help to make sure everyone comes out ahead.

Always come prepared. You know when the KQ is, so make sure you have full stones and scrolls and potions. Every little bit helps.

Do not go AFK when you start a KQ. Yes this happens. If you plan on joining, now is not a good time to microwave your snack, or go to the bathroom, or change laundry loads. About once every 4 KQ's I have seen people do this. It starts then they go into thier house for the first 10 min of the event.

Thats about all I can think of for now. I may or may not add suggestions or modifications later. Please again, any thoughts or pointers you have as other classes are mroe then welcome. I will probably go through time and time again, maybe reformat it, make it pretty heh.

Last edited by Horinia; 01-06-2008 at 09:44 PM..
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
A_Forever
:w

I'm guessing it couldn't fit it all. -Too Much For Me Too Read- iNotBigOnLongPosts -Tends To Skip Long Posts-
Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Horinia
Speedy Slime

/shrug , I would have made it shorter, but theres a lot going on in robo. And odds are that most KQ's probably wont be organize enough to do most of this. But maybe one or two ideas would help. Once I make it pretty it will be easier to read.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
i made a guide back in october lol and it way shorter but hey urs good ^^

Old 01-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
thepeapleschamp
Speedy Slime

thepeapleschamp is on a distinguished road
Your guide is good but my group took out robo with no 40+ tanks, mostly clerics and one awesome runner. The funny part is we barely survived the first 5 mins of the KQ . I think by far the most important part is the runner. The runner pulled like all the mobs and we picked off the archers and vivs and then we ALL ganged on robo at 3.50 min mark. we had amost 30 sec to spare. We used and only needed one real tank w/ one or two lower lv fighters and he was 39lv i believe. So we did it with like only 3 fighters. People tell me that's rare but it didnt seem that way when everyone works together + a Awesome runner helps tremendously.

Chapel Has Spoken!

Last edited by thepeapleschamp; 01-11-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #7
temari_and_gaara
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Caitlan,
Current Level: 44
Server: Teva
temari_and_gaara is on a distinguished road
this is shocking but i beat a robo with 2 clerics =D

and some tanks ect..