Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
Trash
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: R1ce
Current Level: 1x
Trash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Trash
How to Guide : KQ [King Slime's Counterattack]

This is a post on several strategies for the Kingdom quest [King Slime's Counterattack]

For general information about this Kingdom Quest Visit the Wiki

For those that havn't done This Kingdom Quest before, you will NOT understand this post. Visit The Wiki First then read my post about owning this KQ.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction -
This KQ is generally very easy, However there are ways to beat this KQ in a shorter amount of time and less use of HP / SP Stones.
In My opinion, the recommended times to do this KQ is around 3 or 4. After doing it this KQ more than 3 times, you basicly get the same drop over and over again, However the exp is still nice. If you just want the items from KQ, dont do it over 3~4 times thinking that you will get something diffrent everytime.

Step1 Form a Party

In KQ's it's really important that you form a party. For this perticular KQ, this is what you want

1~2 Fighter
1~2 Mage OR 1~2 Archer (Atleast 1)
1~2 Cleric (Perferbly 1)

Also if you can, try to organize the party before the KQ even starts. That way you can get right to killing monsters when you get into the KQ instead of looking for party members.

Step2 Main jobs of each class

Fighter - To Tank the monsters. Generate more threat so that the monsters will focus their attack on you and not on mages / archers / clerics

Mage - To nuke the monsters that the Fighter is tanking.

Archers - Same as Mage

Cleric - Mainly to Heal the Fighters / Mages / Archers, but can also tank / attack monsters

Step3 To Get past the monsters

The Fastest way to get to the king is to split up into two groups.

Black Arrow = Group 1
White Arrow = Group 2

Work around the circles in two groups, it's pretty simple, and also faster than going one way with a large group.

The Red spot i put on top of the hill is where you guys should meet up and rest. Make sure everyone is ready before you head in.

Step4 Kill the King

When you get on top of the mountain and have cleared all the monsters. This will pop up

Grats, you've made it so far. But this part is the hardest part of the KQ

This is the easiest way and more efficent way to kill the King Slime.

First- Get the highest lvl Fighter or the one with most defence / hp to tank the king slime. ONLY 1.

Second- Get all the mages to focus their attacks on the king, All the Archers / Fighters (Excluding the one tanking the king) To kill the monsters that the King Slime Summon. (Incase you didnt know, the King Slime Summons monsters that will most likely go for Clerics / Mages / Archers and not the fighter attacking the King Slime)
The King Slime Spawns units when his hp is at 70%, 50% and 25%.
70% Spawns Power Slime (Around 5~8 of them)
50% SpawnsFireSlime and IronSlime (Around 5~8 of them all together)
25% SpawnsPrinceSlime and Queen Slime (Around 3 of them all together)

Third- Get 1 or 2 Cleric healing the Fighter Tanking the KingSlime

If you follow these 3 simple steps you should be able to take down the King Slime Easily.

Tips: -For the Fighter tanking the King Slime, Make sure you generate a lot of threat so that the King Slime Targets you ONLY. To generate more threat, spam skills.

This KQ is generally easy, but i thought this guide might help some ppl so yea.

(Ignore the "incomplete" part on the title, I finished the guide and tried to remove that part but didnt work. This guide is finished)

Credits to FlyingSnow, fullback1719 and Blaaaaaaaah for helping me finish this guide

Last edited by Trash; 07-02-2007 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: To Finish guide
Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
chinhchinh
Zombie Master

When I KQ'd one person tanks and the cleric heals them, the rest just free-for-all.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
Trash
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by chinhchinh View Post
When I KQ'd one person tanks and the cleric heals them, the rest just free-for-all.
yea i know thats basicly what i said.

Quote:
First- Get the highest lvl Fighter or the one with most defence / hp to tank the king slime. ONLY 1.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road
The only problem now is getting people to follow the guide..
Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 AM   #5
FlyingSnow
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: FlyingSnow
Current Level: 26
Server: Teva
FlyingSnow is on a distinguished road
By the way. The Slime King summons spawns when you are fighting him. They occur when his HP is at 75%, 50%, adn 25%. The first summons are Power Slimes I think, they are the red ones. Then he calls in Iron Slimes I think, once again I am not to sure since I havn't done this KQ in a while. The last spawns are the Queen Slime, and a few Prince Slimes. And in one of these spawns he calls in Fire Slimes, can't remember when though.
IGN: Stick. Resevered for the rest of time.
Sever: Teva.

WHO THE HELL STOLE THE CLAN NAME SNOW! LIKE WTF! STOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STEALERRRRRRRR I HATE U!...ok so Rain is the new Snow...THIEF!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Trash
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by FlyingSnow View Post
By the way. The Slime King summons spawns when you are fighting him. They occur when his HP is at 75%, 50%, adn 25%. The first summons are Power Slimes I think, they are the red ones. Then he calls in Iron Slimes I think, once again I am not to sure since I havn't done this KQ in a while. The last spawns are the Queen Slime, and a few Prince Slimes. And in one of these spawns he calls in Fire Slimes, can't remember when though.
Information added to my guide, if u can confirm what the King Slim spawns..
Old 07-02-2007, 05:03 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Nice guide.

Just a few suggestions:

1. Sometimes I try to organise a party before KQ starts. I understand that this is not always possible because someone in the party might be slow at clicking and miss out on the first KQ while the rest of the party get in. But sometimes it would be better when you organise it before hand, so you can take your time and invite the type of people you want to invite. When KQ starts, it gets messy and you tend to invite anyone that says 'party plz' in a rush, only to find that you just got yourself a party full of archers. If one person doesn't get in, then I'm sure they will leave the party themselves since they'd want another one in their own KQ.

2. Because I have organised a party beforehand, as soon as KQ starts, I get go ahead and kill all the newb mobs in one shot (as I am a mage). That way you can speed things up while other people are still finding a party. Of course, mages can only do this when they're strong enough. Archers can too, I guess.

3. You can also mention that if you join KQ [A] and finish fast enough, you may even get time to join KQ [E]. Sometimes I get to do that and finishing two KQ's in a row is so much better than waiting another two hours to do a second KQ.

@FlyingSnow: The first one is the purple slimes I think.. (forgot what they were called), although they're really easy to kill.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #8
FlyingSnow
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: FlyingSnow
Current Level: 26
FlyingSnow is on a distinguished road
so in that caseu its the fire n iron slimes for the 2nd spwan =] ok confremed
IGN: Stick. Resevered for the rest of time.
Sever: Teva.

WHO THE HELL STOLE THE CLAN NAME SNOW! LIKE WTF! STOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STEALERRRRRRRR I HATE U!...ok so Rain is the new Snow...THIEF!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 AM   #9
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
He spawns Power Slime/FireSlime/IronSlime/PrinceSlime I don't know if it always happenes but Queen slime.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:43 AM   #10
MrMud
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 7

Current Level: 1 bil
MrMud is on a distinguished road
to bad plp rarely split up, well the kq i go to are always stick together
Closed Thread