Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
[Outspark] Mobile Payments Now Available

Originally Posted by SKiNG
Now you can buy SparkCash using your mobile phone with Zong!

Outspark is excited to announce the availability of mobile payments at a conversion rate of $1 per 400 SparkCash.

To buy SparkCash using your mobile phone, visit www.outspark.com/zong

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need a bank account or credit card to pay with Zong?
A: No. You only need an active mobile phone with text messaging to make a payment.

Q: What do I need to do to complete a payment with Zong?
A: Just type in your phone number and wait a few seconds to receive a text message. You will be asked to either type in a 4 digit PIN (provided in the text message) or reply to the text message to confirm the payment.

Q: Do I need to register with Zong or create a password to use the service?
A: No. Registration is not required.

Q: How will I be charged?
A: The charge will appear on your mobile phone bill.

Q: How will the charge appear on my bill?
A: It depends on the carrier and the country, but the description will always contain either "Zong" or "Echovox".

Q: What if my mobile account is prepaid or pay-as-you-go?
A: The charge is deducted from the balance on your phone account at the time of the transaction.

Q: Are there any additional fees when using Zong?
A: Zong does not charge any additional fees, but depending upon your text-messaging plan you could incur additional fees. For example, if you are on a plan that charges you for each text message you will be charged from messages you receive from Zong, just as any other text message.

Q: Does Zong require age verification?
A: No.

Q: I successfully completed a payment but never received my SparkCash. What do I do?
A: Visit www.zong.com/zong/send to contact Zong Customer Service directly.

Q: I entered my phone number but never received a text message? What do I do?
A: If you are in a remote area with poor coverage it may take a while to receive the text message.

Q: I have good coverage but I still didn�t receive a text message after entering my phone number. What do I do?
A: Please try again and make sure you enter the correct number.

Q: Is there a toll-free number I can call if I encounter any other problems?
A: Yes. Simple reply to any text message you receive from Zong with the word HELP and you will receive a reply with a phone number for your region.
Source
Old 04-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
What a useless feature. If you're already on the computer playing fiesta, why not just use your internet browser to charge?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Some people, mostly teenagers, do not have access to a credit or debit card, but do have access to a cell phone.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I expect some parents would be surprised with a nice big bill next month...

And those youngies that belongs to those parents are gonna have their mobile phones confiscated afterwards...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 04-18-2009 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Hmmm...

*plots*

Edit: TOO EXPENSIVE. D:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Oh my o.o I can see a lot of Fiesta kiddies getting grounded or getting their cell phones taken away.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
ZeroZone
Phinofly

In-Game Name: ZeroZone
Current Level: 89
Server: Teva
ZeroZone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroZone
this is ust another attempt by outspark to get money. you can tell by the conerion rate current if we by SC we get 700 per dallor aka 5 bucks is 3500 now 1 buck is 400 what a rip off. i wonder how many people will fall for this bs outspark is doing

Total FiestaFan Dragon's I saved from death (104)
Zero's Dragon Magic has reached its Limit

Cap Raise + hellgait anything = F you Zero and your Eva

http://khaospaladin.mybrute.com
Old 04-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Sparkeh
Nothing here, move along.

Sparkeh is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sparkeh
Umm..I dont think it will work for me..since im in here..Riyadh P:

I guess my cell phone will be cleared. =PP
Old 04-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I imagine the goal of most all companies is to make money...

But I do wonder at the price difference. ''Convenience'' charge? o:
Old 04-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
If the conversion rate would be the same, I could see where this might be beneficial, but at those rates it is a bit of a ripoff. It's probably due to fees being paid to Zong, and any bit overall helps Outspark, so the customer is the one getting raked over for this one. Hopefully people will understand that and not use the service.

Then again, it looks like the target for this is mainly teens, which have abysmal critical thinking skills, especially when it comes to money. The marketing department is certainly earning their keep over there.