Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Equality among players~

Now before I get my head bitten off for "lashing out at people who cash shop", I have no problem with people who cash shop. This is morely directed at the game/devs and people who made this possible in the first place.

So, in a lot of games I played, there have been cash shops. (naturally, since I refuse to pay monthly =D) But in a good chunk of those games, probably all of them, the things sold in the cash shop - even the player 'enhancing' items - did not make such a large gap of change between players who didn't or couldn't cash shop to those who do.

AND - if there WERE said items, they were available to be sold in-game to other players who couldn't afford to cash shop, but those who could. (Thus making it a bit more equal among them.)

But in this game, if you stock up on cash shop stuff (crit enhancing suits, charms, extenders, BoT, exp boost cards, etc) the change is huge. You could be a level 5x and have the same "stats" as a 7x.

See, to my knowledge in BK and sh ine online, you can sell these things to other players in-game, which makes it more equal. So why can't Fiesta do it, as well?

Point is, those who purchase from the cash shop are already recieving osemthing "Special" that normal players can't get for their patronage, but its still pretty unbalanced and wrong to give them such an advantage OVER normal players because of this. (When guild war points system is in, I gaurantee you that there will be sooo many people whining about this)

And no, I didn't get picked on by a casher, just my speculation and observing~ Thinking maybe if people agree that one of the staff who frequents the forum might see and consider some kind of balancing fix. :3

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
I agree. I remember in Flyff, CS items could be and were sold in game. They were a huge part of the economy of the game. It may have caused some inflation but I think it does even out the playing field quite a bit. CS items were expensive to buy in game but at least you could buy them if you had the funds to do so.

So yes, I think this is how Fiesta should be too.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Well said. And I suppose you can add in the thing that because of the huge difference between those who pay and those who don't, the roles of classes are out of wack. For example, a Mage with extenders, charms, and +9 gear can easily be a better "tank" than a real tank who is of the same level and has none of those. On top of that unlike a one handed tanker, they will kill a LOT faster and keep aggro because of it.

Ah, but if I remember correctly BK's permenants with no stats are tradeable as well as some houses and movers. But a lot of their other items such as HP/SP extenders, storage expansion, and what not have a time limit of 24 hours or... 15 days. Some may go to 30 days.

In my opinion Cash Shop can have stat boosters but it's better to have them mostly for accessory purposes. An example being Maple Story's Cash Shop. All their items are just for show and making their avatars look unique... I like that a lot better.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Yeah, maple story actually had a pretty good cash shop - and they're the most notorious for raking in cash, but at the same time their stuff doesn't alter the actual classes.

And flyff did have some +statted cash shop items (though they weren't much to stats) but they were from event prizes and stuff, like the statted cat ears. :3

But even though it would make the market a bit different, it would really even out. But I agree, they really think they've "balanced" classes but....>_> they really haven't, especially with stuff like this. @_@

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
Yeah, maple story actually had a pretty good cash shop - and they're the most notorious for raking in cash, but at the same time their stuff doesn't alter the actual classes.

And flyff did have some +statted cash shop items (though they weren't much to stats) but they were from event prizes and stuff, like the statted cat ears. :3

But even though it would make the market a bit different, it would really even out. But I agree, they really think they've "balanced" classes but....>_> they really haven't, especially with stuff like this. @_@
I'm pure END build with STR gears now, but when I had my pure END gears too... there were mages with more HP than me.

If people really want to dish out that much $$ to make their e-peens "bigger" than by all means go for it.

Don't tell me I'm less than you because I choose not to do anything like you're doing. Come face me when all your stuff wore off.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
Now before I get my head bitten off for "lashing out at people who cash shop", I have no problem with people who cash shop. This is morely directed at the game/devs and people who made this possible in the first place.

So, in a lot of games I played, there have been cash shops. (naturally, since I refuse to pay monthly =D) But in a good chunk of those games, probably all of them, the things sold in the cash shop - even the player 'enhancing' items - did not make such a large gap of change between players who didn't or couldn't cash shop to those who do.

AND - if there WERE said items, they were available to be sold in-game to other players who couldn't afford to cash shop, but those who could. (Thus making it a bit more equal among them.)

But in this game, if you stock up on cash shop stuff (crit enhancing suits, charms, extenders, BoT, exp boost cards, etc) the change is huge. You could be a level 5x and have the same "stats" as a 7x.

See, to my knowledge in BK and sh ine online, you can sell these things to other players in-game, which makes it more equal. So why can't Fiesta do it, as well?

Point is, those who purchase from the cash shop are already recieving osemthing "Special" that normal players can't get for their patronage, but its still pretty unbalanced and wrong to give them such an advantage OVER normal players because of this. (When guild war points system is in, I gaurantee you that there will be sooo many people whining about this)

And no, I didn't get picked on by a casher, just my speculation and observing~ Thinking maybe if people agree that one of the staff who frequents the forum might see and consider some kind of balancing fix. :3
Its pretty funny how they promised us in CB that this is something that they wouldn't do but they turned right around and did this. I honestly dislike games where you pretty much need to CS to be any good at it. Fiesta is starting to look alot like Flyff in this regard. I guess though they see the need to make money over the need to have a fun balanced game.

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Well said. And I suppose you can add in the thing that because of the huge difference between those who pay and those who don't, the roles of classes are out of wack. For example, a Mage with extenders, charms, and +9 gear can easily be a better "tank" than a real tank who is of the same level and has none of those. On top of that unlike a one handed tanker, they will kill a LOT faster and keep aggro because of it.

Ah, but if I remember correctly BK's permenants with no stats are tradeable as well as some houses and movers. But a lot of their other items such as HP/SP extenders, storage expansion, and what not have a time limit of 24 hours or... 15 days. Some may go to 30 days.

In my opinion Cash Shop can have stat boosters but it's better to have them mostly for accessory purposes. An example being Maple Story's Cash Shop. All their items are just for show and making their avatars look unique... I like that a lot better.
Yea MapleStory has a awesome cash shop and they have tons and tons of items. I think Rohans works the same way. They have thier little stat boosting scrolls but it doesnt effect a character drastically enough to make a mage able to tank way better then a defender. It also seems like the fixing the cash shop is the only thing on outsparks mind sometimes but these are just my opinions.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
The way it is now, there are actually 5 Classes in Fiesta.

DoT Archers, Invincible(sorta) Clerics, Tanking Fighters, Dps Mages and the Cash Shopper.

Who does them all.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^lulz.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #9
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
Because US is cheap and selfish. They don't want to lose customers, players would buy small amount of CS items to sell to or give to other players that's not CS users, this making Outspark lose money. BUT! They are also retarded, if CS players can trade and sell CS items, CS players will buy more CS items to sell to players to get more in-game money, making Gold seller site bots to vanish, CS players will sell more stuff to get more in-game money, and it's safer, you won't get banned, you still get more in-game money by buying CS items, and people will gain from it. Then the CS players will buy more and more CS items, thus making Outspark gain more money without the ability of players able to trade and sell CS items.

Thanks Loveless!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
I'm completely with you on this Omies, and yeah I can't buy those CS items >_>

[hope you haven't gotten any -reps for this]

At least let us make use of these -_- like before, I saw some reset scrolls for sale. Stat and Skill reset scrolls, now I heard they disabled that... So WTF people who can't buy CS items will never be able to use em T_T except for the Valentines Day quest, I was thankful for that but it's not enough. I need skill empowerment reset scrolls...

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Closed Thread