Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:52 AM   #31
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Mindspank....

What gave you the great idea that KQ from other servers doesn't fail?

Losers flock all servers, we cant escape from them.

(Just thought I'd give u a heads up before u regret giving up ur first born LOL)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #32
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
Well, even if you kill robo, you still have to run the clock out. And robo spawns more mobs. See what I mean? It's not like spider where you kill GS, wait a few seconds, success, ores with mats everywhere to mine. So you get stuck with a ton of mobs in addition to the initial mass spawn at 8 mins or whatever it is. To make matters worse, there are people who are misinformed or downright lying to everybody. Some players told others that we had to kill robo to win just so they could get the kill for that quest. I think it's disgusting, but it happens. And even if people know you don't have to kill robo, some moron will always go after him anyway... even with less than 2 mins on the clock with no DDers...

I've only had a couple of robo successes where we had no runner. But the only reason why we won is because all the squishies died and only scrolled-up, top-lvl fighters and clerics somehow managed to survive the clock.

I increasingly realize, as I do lower-lvl KQs, that the success is dependent on a good tank. I never really dealt with this problem much on my fighter, but on my cleric, you know it's bad when I'm healing wisely and I still draw aggro quite often. And I never see much mock or kick, which worries me...

But don't take the word of someone who declares himself tank all the time. I had a fighter declare himself tank during robo once and nobody questioned his competence. He got one-hitted by robo, which would have been near impossible with the def he claimed, plus he had lower-lvl equips on. *sigh* He kept on going "IM THE TANK" long after I took over. So it goes.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #33
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Because a successful Robo is like Bigfoot:

The only people that seem to see them are people who exsist in the primordial ooze outside of the gene pool and are less than reputable, or are too eliteist to tell you how they did it. They just keep going on about their uberness and their awesome guildmates.

At least on Bijou anyways.

Not to mention there is only one validated and recorded instance in history, and even that has fallen under much criticisim and scrutiny.

Im not saying there are less losers on other servers, just more people to play with. Im totally alone on Bijou, with the exception of my wife and one guy on my friends list who is active. 90% of my 40 levels were done solo, and the game is just more fun with people you know.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger

Last edited by Mindspank; 12-17-2008 at 03:00 AM..
Old 12-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #34
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Gah! That no snearing kick/mocking thing pisses me off to no end. Months ago I was playing my mage alt in a Mara KQ. The guy pulls Mara by running up to it, and the guys who went to melee behind him kept getting caught up in the AoE/vine spin attack bit. So I told the guy the snear kick, as that makes her focus on the tank and gives a wide berth behind her to be free. He kept telling me I didn't know what I was talking about since I played a mage. Yeah, skippy, my 60+ fighter is there for window dressing.

Admittedly, when I was in Robo I didn't mock very much until I got a shield drop. I'm an axe fighter, so mocking in the middle of a ton of monster spawns generally isn't a good idea. I also had to carry around a shield for MD. I was also leery to use anything over T1 scrolls because I rarely got into a party with decent clerics. Guild KQs were always the best, heh.

It might also have something to do with the amount of EXP they give vs. the Abyss. When I did KQs, there was no Abyss to attract the "hardcore" players, so KQs a lot of time outpaced the EXP of grinding.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:43 AM   #35
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if it's always been like that for low-lvl KQs but the lack of competent fighter tanks drives me up the wall with my little boy cleric. I had to clank a couple Mara KQs because I told the fighters to mock and kick if they had high def and they were like "what's that" while the mage was getting clobbered. So I started clanking and someone complained about clankers and I said "just watch me <3". We did end up winning but it was a hassle because people kept getting OHKO'd by AoEs and yelling at me for not being able to res them all at once.

I mocked with axe in robo, but I was careful about what and how much I aggro'd. I could take some skeletons, imps, wolves, etc, just fine. Running into a crowd of dark skeleton knights with an axe and mocking isn't a good idea though... I would also leave the tanking up to anybody who had higher def and could hold aggro better than me, but there were times when nobody was pulling the mobs. Switched to a 1h + shield once I pretty much became main tank.

Mindspank, why would having more people on a server make it better? You get more good people and more idiots. If you want more people to play with you that are competent, join a good guild. I like partying with my guild mates in KQs because we all know what we're doing and don't have to worry about trust.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #36
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
From what I hear there isn't a decent playerbase and there aren't good guilds on Bijou...but that's mostly scuttlebutt. And probably a bit of Tevaian bias.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #37
Mindspank
Flying Staff

No I can vouch that your heresay is no longer heresay, and is founded on good solid facts. Bijou is the cesspool of outspark. Honestly, no one gets banned for banable offenses because the GM's wont even go to Bijou unless they have to, and when they do they stay in the battlegrounds server shouting gay comments. I swear the GM's must let their kids moderate Bijou.

The only good guilds are the eliteist pvp fags, and they are only good because of their points. Their players have nothing going for them in the way of personality. Honestly the only reason why I stay in my guild by myself is because I dont want to waste the silver I spent to create it.

There are a small handfull of good players on Bijou, the rest are homos. Straight up. I dont care who reads this. The last KQ I succeeded in was gold hill and that was because I was the only one who knew where the boss was and the tank and last two clerics died fighting the boss, leaving me the last man standing. I won out of pure luck.

Next to nobody in Bijou have even the faintest idea of what a community is. Its like all the cool people from all the other servers congregate to Bijou to act like assholes twice a day because they dont want to seem like that on the other servers, where reputation actually matters. People want 20 gold for green close bows (lvl 30 bows) with NO enhancements and shit stats. People ninja quest items when your AOE'ing and fighting multiple mobs. Noobs XP syphon when your trying to solo in the abyss. And im not talking about an isolated incident, im talking about three to four extremely low leveled players all huddled in a group waiting for you to pull a mob, or single enemy in my case, and they begin chipping away at it while your kiting it. And its the same noobs EVERY DAY, EVERY TIME. You get crappy parties in Kingdom Quests, mean players out in the fields. It never ends. NEVER. Its always something stupid on Bijou.

Now I must elaborate, EVERY time I have been to Uruga, the players were civilized. Structured conversations in open chat, proper pronounciation, politely asking for buffs, players willing to help you out if you have a question, some players even greet you.....

Unless your below lvl 40. I have been to Uruga once since turning lvl 40 and it was like night and day compaired to the other times I went there with my old guild. Before every time I went there it was like someone standing in the towers yelling "JERK ALERT. JERK ALERT. ITS A LOWBIE!" because I would get flamed, and im not talking the occasional comment, im talking PM SPAM about how someone let the trash roll into Uruga. Mind you, these are the eliteist pvp fags ive been mentioning, and have probably long since gone. But those were my early experiences with higher leveled players.

It seemed that all of the lower leveled players, on the other hand, only knew how to say two things: "Gimmie monies plz" or "plvl me plz" and thats IT. Oh they would run around yelling "BUFFBUFFBUFF" if there was a cleric on the map, or cry "REZPLZ" if they died. Between the lower leveled players and the higher leveled ones, I always wondered what the game was like on another server.

So in closing, no Hraesvelg, thats not scuttlebutt and teva bias. Your absolutely right.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #38
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Talking about the EU Bijou. tbh,, we have a better community over here, the reason why i left OS (Apoline ftw!).
from level 33-45 ive only seen ONE successful robo. (Somehow. i managed to be the runner, [Mage power!] And then the clerics were all afk or whatever. so the last 5 mins i was running about, while the mages and archers were killing the mobs one by one, and the fighters only helping the archers. Then in the last 5 mins, i died, used one of my hearts, and my fighterpartyman mocked them all while invulnerable and ran. so we won .

Apart from that ive heard about another 3-5 successed robo....

Now, tbh the only noob questing we get on our servers are about making stones and scrolls and stuff AND enhancing. Since my level 2 fighter stone maker has +9 weapon and shielsd, i get asked atelase one time each login. And my master decomposer, the same (Level one cleric).

Other then that i hear "Maz i get into your guild!! PLEASE im level 7 fighter"
or some high levels shouting "PLVL PLOX" "I NEED 500S TO FIX MZ BROKEN WEAPON!!!!"
But its fun. So fun, that me and a friend go to roumen and help some lowlevels level up :]
And then my friend buffs them to x4-x10 their hp.
funfufnunfunfunfufn. And us being level 5x nobs, we get asked "Is that the highest level".
Oh well, enjoy the atmosphere while we can :3.
fyi ive never seen our server on medium nor full, so pretty lagless (Untill a few days ago, where were starting to get a few laggs :P. Not as bad as OS)
Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #39
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
It's ideal to have at least 1 archer, to kill procks...
Yes, Procks are the scum of the earth. Ok, ONE archer lol.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #40
Mindspank
Flying Staff

Failed another Robo, just to keep you updated. Lost on account of we had no warriors over lvl 40 to devistate and draw the mobs. Plenty of clerics, but no warriors. And like 5 minutes into it, people quit because of it, so we lost.

Again.

I see a trend emerging here...

Closed Thread