Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #81
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher

Originally Posted by .o0O0O0o. View Post
No one is born gay/homosexual. Some where along the line an event occured and that person shunned away the opposite sex. And found comfort in the same sex.
That's an extremely debatable fully loaded statement there, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on genetics to pretend like I know what I'm talking about. >.<

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #82
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Server: Teva
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
No one is born gay/homosexual. Some where along the line an event occured and that person shunned away the opposite sex. And found comfort in the same sex.
Erm... What makes you believe that exactly? I'm positive my friend has never been shunned away by the female gender, and he honestly never really attempted any relationship until recently. So far, no luck, but he seems much more happier now that he doesn't feel like he is hiding something from his friends anymore.

I'm fine with gay marriage in Fiesta. Like Spirit said before, if these kinds of things don't change anything in appearance, no one is going to notice anyway. Though, yeah, some people would most likely complain about it, and that does result in a situation companies rather stay out of. But Asda seems to allow soul-mates between anybody, and Omie said the lovers thing in DOMO is not really a marriage so... *shrugs* o-o

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 12-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #83
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I am staying out of the whole gay marriage in real life bit, because that is a road that I will not travel down.
The original topic of this thread was about allowing same-sex marriages in-game. Not about how or why someone chooses the lifestyle they chose. Keeping with the topic: this is a game. It is make believe, and you role-play in this game. Unless you have some big huge announcement and anyone that sees your character can tell that you are "married", then I do not see why the game cannot allow it. More than likely you will play this game with your best friend, who will most likely be the same sex as you, so therefore, since the "marriage" does not do anything except give you better skills, why not allow it?
Are we supposed to go find a guy or girl, depending on the sex of your character and ask them if they wanna get married?
If the skills are only beneficial in certain situations and only if you are battling together, then what does it matter!! Allow it.
If my son, who is only 11 came to me and asked me about this feature, I would explain to him about how it is only meant to give you extra skills and has no real meaning. If my son had a friend that he wanted to get "married" to, simply for the extra skills, I would allow it. It does not mean that when he grows up he will marry a guy. It is a game that he is already starting to lose interest in.

If some in the gae take the marriage thing more seriously than others, then LET them, it is thier choice.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #84
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
I just believe it's a choice. Like, no one is born an ass; that person chooses to be an ass. The choices you made, defined you. Certain events will mold you into who you'll become. A good example could be 9/11, if it never happened, most of us American wouldn't even be as paranoid as we are right now. I'm not against being homosexual, just fussing bout same sex "marriage." Homosexuals can get their legal "union", just don't call it marriage.

*edit*
reading what spirit wrote....

The game should simply call the relationship something else than marriage; which i think O-mie mentioned it earlier.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!

Last edited by .o0O0O0o.; 12-10-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #85
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Is it still a choice if they cant choose which gender they prefer?

its a bit hard to imagine that all the gay guys out there were traumatised by some girls and thats why they become gay... or vise versa for lesbians...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 AM   #86
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

meh, ok most case scenarios. Bi is an option, which a lot of folks do go for option C.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Old 12-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #87
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
There are genes that can "switch on" during your life, so it could be based on genetics, who knows. Not saying that it's definitely that, but there's a possibility.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #88
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
so... u're born with the genes?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #89
kosherkid
Mushroom Fighter

kosherkid is on a distinguished road
Sad truth about the America. Never my responsability, always someone else...

Back on topic of homosexuals...

No offense but your way off. Gay people primarily have girl friends because thats who they are similar to. They are more feminine than normal males so they would naturally have more chick friends.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #90
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

They have more girl friend is because the girls find that man/gay a non-threat, not someone that wants to get into their pants (chuck & larry deal). By shunning the opposite sex, i meant to say that they will not engage in a devoted relationship with the opposite sex.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Closed Thread