Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #71
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion

Just wanted to say, since it sounds like you don't realise you can check empowerment effects without actually spending the points. Just as long as you have the points available, you can select your empowerment and simply mouse-over the skill icon before clicking complete/cancel, to see the adjustments. Apologies if you all know this.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #72
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tehfusion View Post
Just wanted to say, since it sounds like you don't realise you can check empowerment effects without actually spending the points. Just as long as you have the points available, you can select your empowerment and simply mouse-over the skill icon before clicking complete/cancel, to see the adjustments. Apologies if you all know this.
But I don't. D:

At level 31, you have about 15 points or so available, I believe.

So far, my empowerment has gone to Bash and Heal - 5 points Bash damage increase and 5 points for SP, and 5 points for Sp in Heal.

So I wanted to know. D:

@Teq: I haven't gotten Rejuvenate yet so I still think Restore is godly. T_T
Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #73
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
lol i mean Restore is nice i jus dont really use it much an ive been asked this alot so ill clarify this:

Bash >Bleed an Trip

Oh yar an hopefully by next week ill be adding the lvl 60 skills:Sacrifice an Recover into the guide. Sacrifice I think I'll like a whole lot. XD

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-

Last edited by +Tequila+; 08-09-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #74
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:22 AM..
Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #75
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Personally I don't like strength, and here's why:
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709

I'd prefer spirit over strength, because the spirit from divinity doesn't affect your critical rate. Even pure endurance would be more useful overall, because I find the damage from strength stat to be insignificant compared to your natural damage (damage with weapon and natural strength gain). However, this is only my opinion, and I'll respect our different views.

Anyway, your guide is pretty good, I like it. If you'd like me to help with writing it (spelling, grammar, vocabulary), I'd be happy to do so.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #76
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Personally I don't like strength, and here's why:
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709

I'd prefer spirit over strength, because the spirit from divinity doesn't affect your critical rate. Even pure endurance would be more useful overall, because I find the damage from strength stat to be insignificant compared to your natural damage (damage with weapon and natural strength gain). However, this is only my opinion, and I'll respect our different views.

Anyway, your guide is pretty good, I like it. If you'd like me to help with writing it (spelling, grammar, vocabulary), I'd be happy to do so.
lol and SPR fails for the same exact reason...a person with NO SPR...can crit just as much as a person who pumps SPR. Thats just the way Fiesta works for nao. But basically Crit builds have no place in PvE they are better served in PvP and even there Clerics are better used for other things. High Crit rates can be achieved so many ways by using: rings necklace different weapons types or hunting blue armors.

Originally Posted by tehfusion View Post
I was wondering about Bleed and Trip - what's the point? They use more SP (maybe), do less damage and have worse cool-down than Bash. Why use them? Do they have a status effect or hit multiple times, or what?
As of rite nao bleed and trip do nothing....but they are a another attack so use them because its alot better then waitin for cool down you can spam bash. I think later Trip may stun and Bleed maybe D.O.T but I could be wrong.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #77
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Quote:
lol and SPR fails for the same exact reason...a person with NO SPR...can crit just as much as a person who pumps SPR. Thats just the way Fiesta works for nao. But basically Crit builds have no place in PvE they are better served in PvP and even there Clerics are better used for other things. High Crit rates can be achieved so many ways by using: rings necklace different weapons types or hunting blue armors.
That may be true about critical being an easily replaced statistic with equips and armors, but the same can be said for strength. What you seem to forget is that spirit provides magic defense as well, a much overlooked stat. Magic defense let's you take just that bit more from mages, whose damage can be extremely troublesome if:
a) they are not dealt with immediately
b) your magic defense is too low.

However, I don't want to begin a debate in your thread. Obviously the stats in Fiesta need reworking. Once again, much respect to you for writing this, thanks Tequila.

Edit: Could you PM me information about blue armor? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like something I could use as a full spirit archer. Thanks.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-09-2007 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 AM   #78
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

heh thing is Clerics we dont have low Mdef =) i have 450+ Mdef dont forget our buffs =) + we get nice spr boost from lvlin =)

Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #79
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
heh thing is Clerics we dont have low Mdef =) i have 450+ Mdef dont forget our buffs =) + we get nice spr boost from lvlin =)
Are you kidding? Ice Vivi's do like 200 damage a hit without scrolls...

Or maybe I'm too low. But I almost always throw on Invincible to save my self some heals.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #80
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:15 AM..
Closed Thread