Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #61
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Yup~ http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13895 Permissions of the user group had been changed.
Hmm...

Try going into the Users panel and experiment with kirby's different primary and additional groups, I think the problem lies there.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #62
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
In case you have missed my previous post:

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
But like I said, the poll results are not my point. I have made my suggestion, I'm tired of repeating it. If an admin can do what I suggested, that'll be great.
@Vasu: We tried resetting it using the rebuild user reputation option but it didn't do anything... o_o We're not sure why, yet. We'd like to do it if we can, but just have to find out what the problem is.
And if you mean reorganising the reps according the logs then... that will take years to do manually. o.o We'll have to recalculate the rep power at that certain time for every single rep for every single member, as people's rep power change when they get more/less reps. I don't think that's... humanly possible. I mean, it is, but it'll be really crazy D:

Edit for my post ^: Ah, think I misunderstood your post. You probably did see it, but I'll leave it there just in case you didn't.

And@Spirit, I think having a "Do Not Care" option or an "Undecided" option is just a waste of poll space. If you're undecided, you don't vote.
I made a post about this before but I deleted it, and forgot I had deleted it so I'll quote it again:
Quote:
That's why in the recent FF survey, we had put in the option:

- Like the rep system, leave it as it is.
- Like the rep system, but want a wipe out.
- Don't like the rep system, remove it.
We didn't actually have that don't care option in the latest poll, I think Spirit remembered it wrong. I know that this isn't your main point, but I thought I'd just clarify that.

Edit: @Bela: xD The problem has already been fixed. The option was only previously for supporters. But we changed it to make it available for regular users. However, we're not sure if there was a reason why Entropy had made it so that only supporters can do it in the first place, so it may be removed again.

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 10-07-2008 at 06:47 AM..
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #63
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I know it's tough, and if it's so tough that it's impossible, then there isn't much we can do about it. Thanks for giving me a hearing without jumping all over me.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #64
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

I know it's tough, and if it's so tough that it's impossible, then there isn't much we can do about it. Thanks for giving me a hearing without jumping all over me.
Yes, the option we tried in the admin panel was supposed to do what you asked for, though it did not work. I've looked on the vbulletin forums and some other people also had the same problem, though no one replied them.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #65
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
I really don't know much about vbulletin. I've said this to many people and I never hid that fact. Actually I thought it was pretty obvious too. o.o"

I guess you'd always assume that administrators know everything, but I guess it's different in some cases. I have volunteered to be an administrator to take care of basic admin duties like starting guild forums and etc to help out Entropy because he is busy. I am sure Entropy already knows that I am not well informed in the technical side of things.

If you really want to be helpful here, maybe you can help the forums out and actually look for reasons why that option did not work. I've already tried googling for solutions but I failed to find any. Not saying the solution isn't out there, but I can't really spend hours on this right now due to work.

But if you'd like to sit back and not do anything, then I'd suggest you not to speak in such a degrading tone, as I can't say that I've seen you put much effort into this yourself.
Sure I could spend my time explaining how to fix it but I won't*and yes I do know how to fix it*...because it'd be a waste of effort nothing will ever change on these forums...the same BS that has always been here will remain. If you find my tone degrading too bad I really don't care but you've probably already figured that out already.

-P.S- Hessah don't bother pming me this time unless your argument is a little more intelligently prepared. Thank you.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #66
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I chose not to talk to you anymore because you are just like this forum.

Nothing will change.

Btw I know how to fix it too, but I don't want it to change, so I won't tell the admin either.

Blah blah blah.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #67
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Keep the flames down and please remain on topic.

If you have no constructive criticisms or suggestions to add, please do not post. Everyone here seems to have set their opinions and there is no point flaming each other for their opinions.

Keep it down or this thread will be closed.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #68
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
We didn't actually have that don't care option in the latest poll, I think Spirit remembered it wrong. I know that this isn't your main point, but I thought I'd just clarify that.
She prolly found the one from back in January. But again, this goes to the fact that it has already been voted on more than once and with the same end result. that fact with . . .

And if you mean reorganising the reps according the logs then... that will take years to do manually. o.o We'll have to recalculate the rep power at that certain time for every single rep for every single member, as people's rep power change when they get more/less reps. I don't think that's... humanly possible. I mean, it is, but it'll be really crazy D

I say the options are leave it or disable completely, but disable it would be done just to satisfy one or two who voted to delete it in the lost polls and if that were done then it says all the vote to leave it means nothing if someone who voted for the other option can complain and get it done outside of the poll results.

It doesn't add PM box space and it doesn't give the ability to edit the titles, so I don't understand Tequila's continued crusade to overturn the poll.

I do understand vasu questioning, since he may not have been here for the first 2 or 3 round.

But to me, just MHO, I sense an effort to have a vote that lost be made more important through a continued campaign of denigrating the system and the FF users and mods/admins being waged by someone who voted to have it wiped the first time it was polled.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #69
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
2 or 3 rounds?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #70
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
2 or 3 rounds?
Sorta. There was this one:

(in the style of BlackDragonEX: Do NOT necro this older thread)

Rep System Poll 1

This one:

Rep System Poll 2

And then there was the question that was included in a larger
FiestaFan Survey

So, I kinda look at it as 2 - 3 rounds.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere

Last edited by Lady-Loki; 10-07-2008 at 12:01 PM..
Closed Thread