Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #61
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about

i really need to lvl, i can't even fly yet.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 12-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #62
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
yeah, flying = awesome. lets you go explore places without fear of being mauled by mobs higher than you. xD As demonstrated by my pics on the last page!

just one thing about flying: WHY do we have to land on the landing pads... it just causes unnecessary running around. :/
Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #63
Old Warrior
Honeying

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Old_Warrior
Current Level: Syntax Error
Server: Teva/ Bijou
Old Warrior is on a distinguished road
Almost done downloading it ^^

Bijou
Bulls_Eye: lvl 4x

Teva
Old_Warrior: lvl 2x
Party_Cleric: lvl 2x
Old 12-16-2007, 12:09 AM   #64
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
I like flying It's nice to just cut thru the mountain instead of running around it, but i don't get it why we can't point and click while flying

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #65
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah that bugs me too. I liked it when I still ran everywhere and I could just open the map and click where I needed to go then go afk for a minute while he ran there. Flying is faster, but you have to do it manually. :/

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 12-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #66
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
yeah, you can't do that click-on-the-map trick and go afk with flying, but in case you didn't know, numlock is autorun, which works with flying too, so as long as you can set a course that wont take you flying straight into an impassable mountain or something, you can cover pretty big distances without doing anything yourself. :3
Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 AM   #67
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
I didn't know that actually. That should help. I thought the only other autorun was where you hold down the left mouse button for a few seconds, but that doesn't work in flight either.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 12-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #68
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
haha, I'm the opposite from you guys. I tried Domo first and then migrated to Fiesta. Anyhoo, here are my two cents on Domo:

Pros:
- I LOVE how you have the option of buying permanent items (i.e. clothing). Coming from Maple Story I got used to my spiffy cash shop clothes expiring after 90 days, so this was a god-send for me. (hint hint, Fiesta GMs)
- Flying is fun. Although in the current stage the flying speed is too slow for my tastes (@ flying lv 10, after the flying fairy upgrade. Yes I'm picky)
- The overall design is excellent. The towns are pretty, and the characters are adorable.For example, here's my Felin:

- The autorun feature. Being able to click on a spot and have my character autorun there is hella cool. One, I can do the dishes or something whilst the running happens. Two, I can play with the camera and take some cool action shots haha. (hint #2, Fiesta GMs!)

Cons
- Equipment durability. This is a big pet peeve of mine. I've always disliked RPGs where weapons would get worn down with use, and possibly break. It wasn't an issue at first in Domo until I got to the late 1x levels; I want to have fun focusing on training, and not be distracted by keeping tabs on the fricken durability. I remember buying this old medieval RPG PS2 game...Dragon-something, where weapons had durability too. Returned that game right away haha. Maybe Domo will remove this feature somehow in the future, but I doubt it. Sooo glad this is not an issue in Fiesta (/endRant)
- I might be jumping the gun with this one, but the level 60 cap. Again, I realize that Domo is in OB still, so it's wholly possible that the level cap will be raised in the future. I'm just afraid that there is a good chance that it won't, because the game's rationale may be that even though the cap is 60, since you can change classes at will in Domo getting all of the available classes on your character to lv 60 will substitute for a higher level cap like most other mmos (Guild Wars excluded).
- Translation issues. But this one's easily fixed later.

Anyhoo, unfortunately I had to uninstall Domo yesterday because I have a Dell P.O.S. laptop which freaks out when I have too many games installed. But if things change in Domo, maybe I'll go back again :3

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #69
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ulrike View Post
Cons
- Equipment durability. This is a big pet peeve of mine. I've always disliked RPGs where weapons would get worn down with use, and possibly break. It wasn't an issue at first in Domo until I got to the late 1x levels; I want to have fun focusing on training, and not be distracted by keeping tabs on the fricken durability. I remember buying this old medieval RPG PS2 game...Dragon-something, where weapons had durability too. Returned that game right away haha. Maybe Domo will remove this feature somehow in the future, but I doubt it. Sooo glad this is not an issue in Fiesta (/endRant)
I think equipment degradation is a nice feature. I'm quite the opposite of you lol. To me without degradation of equipment, a player driven economy cannot flourish. Like some ZK weapons in Fiesta, at a certain point everyone will have a ZK weapon, thus nulling the need to sell and make a profit or break even from a sale. Luckily for Fiesta, there are those that are enhance addicts (non-cash shop) who will break their weapons. A good MMO will have a good player driven economy. Anyway, i'm going bit off subject.

- I might be jumping the gun with this one, but the level 60 cap. Again, I realize that Domo is in OB still, so it's wholly possible that the level cap will be raised in the future. I'm just afraid that there is a good chance that it won't, because the game's rationale may be that even though the cap is 60, since you can change classes at will in Domo getting all of the available classes on your character to lv 60 will substitute for a higher level cap like most other mmos (Guild Wars excluded).
I think it took about 3-4 months for Outspark to raise the lvl cap, after OB. So DOMO's got a couple of months to test the water, i guess/hope

- Translation issues. But this one's easily fixed later.
Fiesta's got some of its own translation's mishap lol Eventhough i don't read the quest, there's one that got my attention because it was in bold, caps, yellow, and i had to click on it. They mistyped "CONTINUE"... and that's all imma say.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #70
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

they did a very good job translating in DOMO, in my opinion. One need not have played fiesta for very long to realize how bad it is there. Or flyff, that game also had some pretty whacked npc dialogue.

Npcs in DOMO are actually coherent, and the storyline quests are awesome!
Closed Thread