Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #51
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point

It's decided. Mages= Win class.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #52
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Shiirn View Post
As pvping with both an archer and a fighter, i must say this:

Archers can destroy mages 1v1...archers haved much more mdef then fighters and their dots are wicked on the class with the lowers natural HP.

Fighters, however, are a tossup. There's basically two types of PvP fighters that i've noticed: The complete destroyer, and the defensive destroyer.

The complete destroyer heavily favors STR/DEX/END armors, and their damage is very, very high and can kill quite quickly. However, these fighters have absolutely horrid mdef and a mage can 3-5 hit them, killing them before they even get close. Their regular defense can be high enough that an archer can't kill them...Thes are the most common fighters below 85.

After 85, most fighters realize that even though they can destroy an opponent in 3-4 hits, it doesn't matter if they die before they get there. This is when fighters start pumping END/SPR equips. Because a fighter's mdef is so low (At level 87, arun had less then 500mdef with no SPR equips), any SPR they toss on their armors helps an insane amount (Arun's full SPR +0 equips for anti-mages raises her mdef to almost 800, and tossing on an mdef scroll gets her over 1k), causing a mage to deal only half as much damage while she deals only slightly less in comparison.

For 73+ mages, stifle is a MUST SPAM. ALWAYS. It utterly destroys and real pvp fight against a fighter (Really, a devestate that takes 4 seconds to cast and doesnt stun until the mage is 5 seconds away, on top of other skills being totally and utterly useless).

Having experienced different mage tactics against my fighter and archer, I've noticed that the mages who conserve their spells are much scarier. A mage that casts stiffle and waits out the duration while tossing some weak spells on you, and then chaincasts fear and blasts you to hell. By the time you're out of the chaincasted fear, and not dead already, they should be able to run from you long enough to be able to cast stiffle again. Not to mention mana burning right before a stiffled deva/power shot, and purging/stealing those annoying vit/mdef/aim scrolls.
AAahh you spilling all the beans!! I forbid anyone in Apoline from reading this as it will make it harder for me to kill you lmafao! Good observations.

Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Completely wrong. All of you need to learn to play a mage.

A good solo/pve mage is the best with the regular builds of pure int or 25 spr rest int, with high end / +9 gear.. or if you completely cant afford that a pure end mage with high int gear.

But free stat end for a pvp mage? I think not.

I'd go for the standard pure int or spr/int... why would u need end for pvp?

Use your heads peeople.

Must be a shitty mage if your getting destroyed by archers.
If there so good at 1v1 with mage tell me why I brought down 7x and 8x archers when I was 69 ? :S

Only time you wanna drop nova/inferno is if your a: fighting an archer or b: fighting a cleric. Clerics you want to chain cast inferno and nova on being that if you fear its still hard to drop them because of there m defence and they have to stay beside you to atk you so there going to stand in thee aoes.
Valid points. On the topic of archers, I'm talking about from a +9 gears and/or charmed standpoint. Other than that, time your attacks and watch their HP. Their high DEX can be a problem with wands, so you have to consider that (unless you got AIM scrolls, preferably T3/T4). As far as END in free stats for a mage, I tried that and in the long run it didn't matter. As I mentioned already, it will enable you to take a few extra hits, but you're giving up extra magic and/or critical %, and mages don't tank....without clerics.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 03-18-2009 at 02:40 PM..
Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #53
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
I like your views on a magic ed, you seem to be a pretty good one.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #54
FutureKnight
Phino

In-Game Name: FutureKnight
Current Level: 87
Server: Epith
FutureKnight is on a distinguished road
I think 25spr rest to int & buy godly gear would be the best to do

_chronical_ Mage | lvl 69 | 4.3k hp | 900def | 1,5k m.dmg | Status : Banned

Mainproof Fighter | lvl 70 | 4.3k axe hp/4,6k shield hp| 1,2k axe def | 2,7k dmg | Status : Banned

iPerv | lvl 64 | 3,6k hp | 700 def | 1.8k m.dmg | Status : Retired & Gearless

Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #55
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I like your views on a magic ed, you seem to be a pretty good one.

I try to be. I'm thankful to have higher level friends and some capped buddies that allow me to smack them around for practice and study. I've took down a many mages and and good number of fighters/archers. Clerics give me hell (at higher levels, all that spam healing throws my damage off, even with FEAR & STIFLE). Too many people read forums and try to fight that way instead of practicing and dying. You have to know your opponent if you try to pvp with a mage, and nine times out of ten most players running around in the FBZ's talking smack are either enhanced like crazy or charmed all to hell. For example, beware of players with horns, a tail, wings, a suit and glowing weapons. YOU WILL DIE, because they armed to the teeth with critical junk. Normally when I see that they are armed with mighty potions, extenders, and other SC buffs as well, and as a mage, it does makes NOT sense to fight them, unless you are taking notes on how much damage you can do in that situation (or just how powerful you are overall). I don't even bother to attack them, because the fight is unbalanced as hell, and it's a waste of time. I get my kicks from beating opponents the normal way (with the normal in-game items), with skill and brains, not spending $15-30 in the Cash Shop. The worst thing is the ones that do that and still die (mostly mages)....

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 03-20-2009 at 02:31 AM..
Old 03-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #56
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

I played my mage since basically release of OB and only got to lvl 69, so I played him alot and stayed in the 6x alot so I know how to play one.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #57
FutureKnight
Phino

I was thinking... 30int rest to end would that be anygood? Tell me if im going wrong here, you'll have good enough hp and your def wont be that low, while your still have some good dmg!

Mainproof Fighter | lvl 70 | 4.3k axe hp/4,6k shield hp| 1,2k axe def | 2,7k dmg | Status : Banned

Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #58
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Some people seem clueless

listen to lvra! He is right and knows what he is talking about.

edit: free stat end for a mage is useless. follow the suggestions of lvra and the few i put in ( and any others that said the same im just to lazy to go back and look xD)

Last edited by MikeyG; 04-03-2009 at 07:04 AM..
Old 04-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #59
FutureKnight
Phino

sorry i didnt see that post

Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #60
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

In short.

+9 wand