Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: WtS voting Time!
Story Number 1 12 50.00%
Story Number 2 3 12.50%
Story Number 3 1 4.17%
Story Number 4 6 25.00%
Story Number 5 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #51
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

^That though is the only way of having it so that we can have both long and short stories.

Maybe a tighter min and max so it isn't either too short or too long, but one that permisses a wide range in-between. But that's pretty much irrelevant now.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #52
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
^That though is the only way of having it so that we can have both long and short stories.

Maybe a tighter min and max so it isn't either too short or too long, but one that permisses a wide range in-between. But that's pretty much irrelevant now.
It's only irrelevant if this contest won't happen again.

aww... are you saying you won't participate again? =/

-------------------------------------------------
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #53
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Naw, meant irrelevant because OP has final-say, and I think it's already been said.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 AM   #54
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

oh. that's what I said, too. lol

Hazu makes the decision because she's running this.

Hazu <33333 /suck up to Hazu for no apparent benefits o.o

Old 04-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #55
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
I agree with what Blaahs said. Also note that the word limit doesn't have to be strict and a reasonable degree of variation is often allowed. Say if the word limit is 800 words, an entry that is 840 words long (5% over the limit) is still acceptable. However, if it's 900 words long (12.5% over the limit), that is a bit excessive and needs to be revised. This is just an example only.
Yeah.

------------

Well..

My original intention for word limit was:

Quote:
Maybe a tighter min and max so it isn't either too short or too long, but one that permisses a wide range in-between.
so that votes will probably be more fair since the readers would either have read all or none of them.

I know that we can't always monitor people's vote, and there will always be votes that are casted for biased reasons, but I reckon it would sort of minimise the "tl;dr so it doesn't get my vote" kind for thing. Even if a story may be way too long and not turn out great, the person who wrote it would've put effort into it so it's kind of sad their entries were not read by voters.

But since a lot seem to think word limits limit creativity too much, then my next suggestion would be have word limits on certain weeks as a challenge.

There'll all just suggestions/ideas though. /shrug

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 04-23-2009 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: ok I ended up adding the ----------- line
Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #56
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

Well, yea, Blaahs, I know your original intention. I just added the flexible word count as a suggestion. lol

Your second proposal seems quite good, and actually, is the best so far. Hazu, wake up! Anyway, I doubt that I'll read a story that spans 2 posts. It is in the writer's interest to ensure a reasonable length so that it won't turn off the readers. Since we will have a few entries, if each one is 2000 words long and there are, say, five of them, I'd rather go read my textbooks. =/

EDIT: I do read long stories but not for a contest which imposes a time limit, just to clarify. =]

Old 04-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #57
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
Well, yea, Blaahs, I know your original intention. I just added the flexible word count as a suggestion. lol
Oh, yeah. The second part of my post after the "well.." was not directed at you haha. Supposed to be a separate part but I was too lazy to put in a ------------- line.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 AM   #58
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
i voted for #2 ^^ short and simple. and it says exactly what i was thinking in just the right length for me XD

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 04-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #59
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Ch..ch..ch.. didnt wanna read all that stuff but I think I read majority of it Dx

Would people agree that one post limit would be fair enough? I wanna leave room for people to be able to be creative x-x and I doubt they'd acutally do the "word count" thing and it'd be a bit simpler I guess. Unless you guys think we really should have a lower count hten please say so, just a suggestion. I want this to be fun for everyone ^^

TWO DAYS LEFT MORE VOTES PLEASE!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #60
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
what time exactly does it end?