Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:37 AM   #51
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road

.5% a monster is pretty low to me (marlones at level 28) I have to kite those things also :/
Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 AM   #52
Synelia
Bone Imp

In-Game Name: Synelia
Current Level: 34
Synelia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Synelia
why don't you just party? I'm usually in a party, it's a lot easier to lvl with a party o.o
Old 07-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #53
Skeith
Kebing

In-Game Name: Kuhn
Current Level: 41
Skeith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Yea! i wouldn't lvl up to 41 if i wasn't in a party! you can lvl up 3x fast with a party! specially in the 3x exp event! i lvl up in prison from lvl 33 to lvl 40 in just 2 days! lol
Old 07-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #54
Synelia
Bone Imp

i went from 29 to 34 in one day
Old 07-15-2007, 05:58 AM   #55
Skeith
Kebing

In-Game Name: Kuhn
Current Level: 41
Skeith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Skeith
it's quite hard to lvl up from 36-41 you have to get 100k exp, and lvl 40 requires 210k exp to get to 41! lol
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #56
Synelia
Bone Imp

and if you die, it's a ton of exp to lose! i know i lose over 700exp from being lvl 34
Old 07-15-2007, 06:07 AM   #57
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Synelia View Post
if you need to run from a monster, I've said this before, then go to a different lower monster. Thats all there is to it. It's not like you HAVE to kill those monsters, not even for quests. You can finish quests whenever. Also this game almost enforces partying.
Ok let me make this simple....skipping quest = pure Grindage....and i dont think the majority of the community would handle it to well. Kiting is necessary at higher lvls weither you want to admit it or not...stubborn stubborn as usual but ILU anyways now....PLAY LINEAGE 2 Syn or ill punish u xD

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
It's possible to kite.

You have to as a Mage in the early stages.
At lower lvls mages dont really need kiting since mobs have low hp and they*Mages* have high dmg

why don't you just party? I'm usually in a party, it's a lot easier to lvl with a party o.o
hrmm parties are only so useful...since the system is a bit wierd...if there was a bonus for parties I would say they are useful but unless u are doing higher lvl mobs like lvl 50 or so...I'd jus solo.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #58
Synelia
Bone Imp

at higher lvls the possiblity of running into agros while kiting is a lot higher, and those mobs will probably will be faster than us. >.> Even though there is no party bonus, it's funner and easier to manage then soloing
Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 AM   #59
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
at higher lvls the possiblity of running into agros while kiting is a lot higher, and those mobs will probably will be faster than us. >.> Even though there is no party bonus, it's funner and easier to manage then soloing
So you'd rather die? Then risk a little added agro?....wow I think I'd take the adding agro over losing 40-70kxp

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 AM   #60
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I'm not quite as experienced as you guys at higher level mobs, but from what I have played, I agree with Synelia on this. Running into unwanted agro mobs is the last thing I need on my archer/mage.

Although I have not personally tried to use scrolls while training, I have supported an archer before using them (I think she was using hp and def boost scrolls as well as another one, but I don't remember what the third scroll was) and I see that agro mobs still hurts a bit. Of course, there is a significance difference using scrolls, but that doesn't make us invincible.

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
So you'd rather die? Then risk a little added agro?....wow I think I'd take the adding agro over losing 40-70kxp
I don't really understand what you mean here. Do you mean, would we rather die (because we aren't kiting) than to risk being hit by one more agro? (If not, please ignore what I write below, xD).

If that's what you mean, then nope, I disagree that. We don't prefer to die, of course, but we see that kiting would increase the chance of dying instead of decreasing it. If you mean kiting would increase your chance of surviving, I don't see how that works. The purpose of kiting is to get away from the mob so it can't hit you while you kill it from a range, right? Well, what's the point of that if another mob comes and hit you instead? Aren't we trying to avoid being hit my mobs in the first place?