Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #41
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
But for some reason, I regret going END .____.
I wanna go full SPR xDD

But I chose END because in about 2/3 of the parties I'm in, I'm the tank. I draw aggro even off the higher level fighters because I tend to spam skills as quickly as I can in the first few seconds xDD Always in a certain order too, lol.

But everyone keeps on telling me that I'm only adding END for the benefit of soloing at my level. So I'm wondering if I should start going full SPR.
Full SPR...I can't see that being worth it. Archers don't get very much END so I think its much more important than SPR( after SPR is 25) and they get plenty of dex( highest stat always)
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 AM   #42
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I don't see any point in going DEX, since that's naturally extremely high. I think I've seen my archer miss twice in teh entire game against yellow mobs xDD (against red stuff, no. I've seen my archer miss hundreds of times).

But with SPR, you get the added bonus of crits. And that's going to make up for a lot of damage D= And besides, I think in PvP we're supposed to do very well against mages, so the extra m. def could be useful.

Yeah, we don't get a lot of END. I guess that the defense would be pretty great.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 AM   #43
hereticjustice
Slime

hereticjustice is on a distinguished road
I don't know about the "Skills aren't affected by attack speed" statement... I find that when I'm using a bow, the skills seem to fire off faster than when I use with a Crossbow =x From kiting with Bow vs. Kiting with Crossbow, I seem to be less likely to get hit while I'm spamming my skills when using a bow =x
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #44
Deathbolt
King Crab

In-Game Name: Deathbolt
Current Level: 20
Server: Apoline
Deathbolt is on a distinguished road
J/w... does the bow mastery/xbow mastery take any account? Seeing as you've already got 2 lvls of bow mastery when u can start using a xbow.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #45
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Woah, necro attack.

Anyway, I found that I kill King Colls almost at the same speed with crossbow and bows. =/
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #46
Phibrizzo
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Felore
Current Level: 3x
Phibrizzo is on a distinguished road
whoh, first post xD

so, I was doing some math the other day, and here are my results :P

I've calculated the modifier you should multiply your damage to find your DPS(Damage Per Second).
aspd only modifier for bows: 0.909
aspd only modifier for xbows: 0.714

modifier already factoring NPC crit rates:
bow: 0.945
xbow: 0.757

multiply everything by 60 if you want to find the damage you'll do over a minute.

now, luckly I'm by the smith just as I write this post, so I'll consider.. huh.. lvl30 weps and do the dmg calculations.

Close Bow average dmg: 75
Close Crossbow average dmg: 140

Bow DPS: 70.85
XBow DPS: 105.98

xbow winning so far, okay. I don't know how def would actually interfere with the total damage, but as far as the xbow outdamages bow by aproximately 30% DPS, let's consider your build.
let's say you went STR all the way to lvl30. you got 35str. considering the increase in DPS by the str, we have:

bow DPS increase: 31.815
xbow DPS increase: 26.495

total damage:

bow: 70.85*(def reduction) + 31.815
xbow: 105.98*(def reduction) + 26.495

considering a monster can reduce 30% of your damage:

bow: 49.595 + 31.815 = 81.41
xbow: 74.186 + 26.495 = 100.68

now let's say you went full SPR, you're level30 and have 35SPR, which gives you a crit rate of 25*(0.2)+10*(0.1) = 7%

the post is already too long, so I won't detail everything again. In the end we get:
bow: 1.008*70.85*0.7 = 49.991
xbow: 0.806*105.98*0.7 = 59.793

even though xbows damage seem to grow more, bows damage also increases, and since the bow multiplier is higher, I guess the devs would make something along the lines of the progression being constant in %.
the only problem is that monsters defense do(or at least I think they do) get higher as you change leveling locations

xbows also is more likely to have higher wasted DPS. face it like this: a monster has 10 HP left. a bow hits for 15, an xbow hits for 30, might not seem too much, but it builds up over prolonged periods of leveling.

oh snap, just realized I forgot to factor base str xD
their 'base damage'(the reduced by def one) difference wouldn't be so big then. as far as I can recall, my archer on lvl30 has about 100str(considering gear, idk), so maybe their damage could be more comparable.. err... maybe I'll re-do the calculations later considering base str, but I guess you all see where I'm getting with this ^^''
Old 02-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #47
XbowX
Slime

XbowX is on a distinguished road
well im lvl 15 ranger so im going to have to decide soon =\
Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #48
aLvhin
Mini Greenky

aLvhin is on a distinguished road
just use BOW / XBOW. then buy the mastery of this 2 weapon.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #49
lightspring
Imp

In-Game Name: lightspring/skywing
Current Level: 5x/2x
Server: BIJOU FOREVER
lightspring is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aLvhin View Post
just use BOW / XBOW. then buy the mastery of this 2 weapon.
woah, thats gonna be ex. $_$

anyway. after reading the past 5 pages, i'm still sticking to the bow. even though i'm a dex archer with 25 spr.
but i have a +5 xbow, which does godly damage. against any mob i'll first do the 2 att skills with the xbow, then switch to the bow and cast the 3 DoT skills. well i'm not the kind who "spam skills"... against 1 mob i'll use aim shot and power shot maybe once each only.
still, i think bows own.
extra aim with a dex build is good, the spr makes up for the 2% crit lost, with dex my DoT hits more often. the damage is not really a big difference, if you count.
xbow -> higher damage, 1.3sec, less aim
bow -> lower damage, 1.1sec, more aim
if you're fighting a mob which you miss like... 1/10 times... bows will eventually do more damage

well, its just my thoughts, dont flame or anything. thanks

and lightningmystix, have i seen you around in the outspark fiesta forum? ^^
Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #50
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
LOL, yes, you have xD
I think I've seen you somewhere on the outspark forum too ... @__@ But I don't recognize people unless they have their signature up.

Bows = way more aim. I stuck to the Battlegrounds for the past two days, and I can barely hit lvl 50s (no scrolls on, no buffs etc.). With a bow, I can manage to get at least half of my shots in.

I love xbows, the only problem I have with them is the speed @__@ So sometimes I use xbow for the crit and skill spam and then use my bow. If I have to wait 1.3 seconds for my xbow to shoot again, I'll probably be struck down, LOL. I used to be very against bows, since it had so little damage and the extra aim doesn't do much, now I think it's pretty cool. But the lack of ka-pow in it still makes me stick to my xbow xD

Slightly off-topic, today a VSed a lvl 38 archer (I'm lvl 32) using fist fights ... she's 1:1 STR : DEX, and I got killed so badly o-o
So maybe DEX and STR are worth it xD

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread