Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Voting - SSOTW 22
Entry 1 1 2.70%
Entry 2 Hypnotized 3 8.11%
Entry 3 8 21.62%
Entry 4 22 59.46%
Entry 5 2 5.41%
Entry 6 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #41
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

Why don't you just come out and say what exactly is going on during this SSOTW that shows signs of favoritism or whatever?

Though really, you just admitted it yourself that you voted for a friend. Just because you chose to vote based on favoritism doesn't mean other people do.

At any rate, how is Loveless supposed to control that? How does changing the URL or crossing out names in the picture or whatever supposed to stop you from voting for your friend?

If people want to vote for their friends, then nothing is going to stop them. If people actually want to have fun SSOTWs and actually vote for the SS that best fits the theme, then crossing out names and changing URLS (or whatever) won't affect anything either.

Last edited by Ralath; 04-26-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Old 04-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #42
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
D: lol Poor bambie...

but making things annonymous helps make it funner o.o cause it cuts down on favortism a bit. You cant cut it out completely, that's impossible. But cutting it down as much as possible is making a step towards it being more fair.

I believe alot more people would enter contests if they didnt have to worry about favortism as much. IT does show up on these forums sadly, but it does on any forum so denying its here is a flat out lie. Well Imo. ^^ lol
Even on a volunteer site though... gotta try to cut those things down and some of it doesnt take that much time to do. o.o

Bambie on Fire? I'll bring the marshmellow =D Someone get chocolate and grahamcrackers please

But on subject- Everyones enteries are nice x3 GJ and GL!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #43
Amber_Bamber
Sand Ratman

In-Game Name: Amber_Bamber | Bambie
Current Level: Lvl 7x | 2x
Server: Teva ♥ | Ancestral Ruins
Amber_Bamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Amber_Bamber Send a message via MSN to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Yahoo to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Skype™ to Amber_Bamber
I voted for number 3 because first off, I didn't even know it was my friends. Get it? Okay. I thought it was quite funny, and it amused me. Does that sound like favortism? I don't think it does.

And why should I post all the favortisim that I've seen, People would gang on me, After all...I'm not the most 'beloved person' here on FF.

chan rak khun
Old 04-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #44
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by Amber_Bamber View Post
I voted for number 3 because first off, I didn't even know it was my friends. Get it? Okay. I thought it was quite funny, and it amused me. Does that sound like favortism? I don't think it does.

And why should I post all the favortisim that I've seen, People would gang on me, After all...I'm not the most 'beloved person' here on FF.
Wait wait.. you thought others would think you're erm.. favoring a screenie because its a friends? Or whatever..

You shouldn't care. As long as YOU know you didn't vote for them just because they're a friend.. it really shouldn't matter what other people say O_o

I hope I'm understanding you correctly.

----

However, I don't see how you wouldn't know it was your friend. The name is showing..?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #45
Amber_Bamber
Sand Ratman

In-Game Name: Amber_Bamber | Bambie
Current Level: Lvl 7x | 2x
Server: Teva ♥ | Ancestral Ruins
Amber_Bamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Amber_Bamber Send a message via MSN to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Yahoo to Amber_Bamber Send a message via Skype™ to Amber_Bamber
:l I forgot about that person. I haven't seen them in over a year and...well maybe I just forgot about that person. But after I saw what my friends posted like "Oh hey number three is Val, Remember him?" Yeah. then I remembered.

And It just isn't me who I thought there was favoritism. I just think it should be fair to everybody, Even if there is NO favoritism.

And guess what, I guess I DO care what other people say. Its how I am.

I'm just guessing all of you guys who are against me don't see what me and other people see.

Blind.

chan rak khun
Old 04-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by A_Forever View Post
However, I don't see how you wouldn't know it was your friend. The name is showing..?
It's not one of my main characters. In fact, it's my hubby's char that I used to play on, but never really interacted on with Lyka people (he liked to guild hop and was in a different guild like every other week). So I can see how she wouldn't know it was a friend.

Edit: Ambur too fast, she's on fire >:C
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #47
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Yeah, we're all blind. Time to find another fansite. :]
Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #48
A_Forever
:w

@Amber- So point out this other favoritism? o_o

Yeah, yeah.. you said there may not be some or whatever, but I think you really do think there is. So point it out because apparently nobody but you and your friends see it ...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #49
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think the reason some people might be getting miffed is that you make some pretty stringent allegations, that the contests are being tainted due to some sort of favoritism on the part of the mods/admins, and then don't back it up except for "It's there! You must be blind!". Examples would be nice.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #50
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Then enforce the rules more.
Then people would actually listen.
It wasn't a rule, it was a suggestion.

I'm just guessing all of you guys who are against me don't see what me and other people see.

Blind.
I see what you're saying, but I guess most of us just think that this issue is so minuscule that it doesn't even matter.