Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #31
ecchix3
Smart Phino

In-Game Name: Eechi
Current Level: 2x
Server: Apoline / Teva
ecchix3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ecchix3

Archers confuse me so ; ;

Eechi - Apoline - level 2x HawkArcher

Eechix3 - Apoline - Level 2x HighCleric

Eechix3 - Teva - Level 1x mage

Eechi - Teva - Level 2x CleverFighter

Eechi_Tank - Teva Level 2x CleverFighter

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #32
Azrial
Slime

Azrial is on a distinguished road
it depends how you play, I wanted damage and good damage at that. I have 20 spr, the rest is going into str. I might get 25 spr later. People who say str is useless are so far off it's no funny. It does depend what you fight too. The str you add to stats IGNORE enemy defence. Let's compare 25 spr and 25 str. 25 spr will let me crit 5% more, so let's say 5% more damage. Now if you fight yellow / red mobs like I do, a non str archer might deal say 100 per shot. Now I put 25 into str, and deal 30 more damage. That is, I deal 130 damage PER SHOT. That's 30% more damage. Off course, if you're fighting lowe def mobs and deal say 200 per shot, 25 str will make it 230 per shot, adding only 15% more damage. BUT it still adds more then the crit from spr. I know a lot of archers who like dex too, and that's their choice. It does work if you like relying on poisons and bleed, etc. About end, i'd say just forget about it and use endurance rings and items for hp / def if you really need them. Lastly, a high damage build like mine allows me to work as a second tank when neccessary AND keep aggro.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
LloydWaver
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Atwight
Current Level: 28+
Server: Apoline
LloydWaver is on a distinguished road
I've been pondering about this for a while now. If you ask me, END falls off first, for the simple reason that you don't use shields as an archer.

Here's what I think:
Adding 25 SPR points as soon as possible. So starting for level 1 you should have 25 SPR by level 20 (if you've done the job change quest).
5% chance to crit for 25 points is reasonable.

After that, it gets difficult, since we don't know the exact numbers. So my guess here is quiet a long shot.
I would say STR: DEX at 2:1 if you solo sometimes and full STR:SPR at 2:1 if you always play in party and don't need any type of defense.

For the first build you'll have a stable damage for grinding, that's for sure. Although I have no idea how good DEX will be, but adding it like this plus the amount you get each level should give you enough chances to keep dodging attacks.

The other build is to maximize damage. I don't think going full SPR will give you big differences. 10 SPR = 1% crit, 10 STR = 12 damage (which isn't impressive either). Though a problem is that at higher levels, 12 damage is as good as nothing.

I call for some balancing issues.

Last edited by LloydWaver; 11-12-2007 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Stupid smily
Old 12-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #34
evrilysis
Slime

evrilysis is on a distinguished road
So is increasing SPR after 25 even necessary? The rate at which you are criting doesn't increase very much. I'm thinking of full str after I hit 25 SPR. Comments?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #35
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
25 SPR is a must. It might not seem like alot in percentage but you do hit more crits often. Full Str will give you slightly higher dmg constantly but I went full End becasue I would get higher Hp and become a tank archer.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #36
evrilysis
Slime

So it seems to me that after you hit 25 spr you should either continue pumping only spr or go full into another stat. If I wanted a dps archer would full str or full spr after hitting 25 spr be recommended? Seeing as your crit rate will increase only .1% every stat point put in after 25 spr, that's 1% per 10 levels...or am I missing something? It seems to me that str would be the logical choice?

And for doing a 1:1 ratio for str and spr after 25 spr seems ineffective to me. You aren't boosting your crit rate quickly enough for it to make much of a difference? Comments please.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #37
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Yes it is best for going full after 25 Spr.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #38
evrilysis
Slime

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Yes it is best for going full after 25 Spr.
Full str or spr?
Old 12-29-2007, 06:12 AM   #39
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by evrilysis View Post
Full str or spr?
Probably meanst full STR.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #40
evrilysis
Slime