Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #31
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts

Again, its longer than five seconds. It takes less than a second to pick it up no matter what you're doing. Its called multitasking and a lot of people do it. You can still fight, heal, buff, cast a spell, or whatever and pick up an item at the same time. While it may be their loot they need to understand that there are assholes who will grab their stuff in a heartbeat simply because they'd rather steal everything than earn it themselves.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #32
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
@ WizardsRequiem

You think a fighter is going to care when he has more than ten mobs on his back, and 4 out of 5 members in the back to keep from getting aggro? If I was a fighter like that, I would concentrate on getting the job done and then picking up the drops. That would mean spamming my aggro skills. No point in getting all the drops when the cleric gets aggro and dies =3=

Though, however, I think 30 seconds is too long and 5 seconds is too short. 15 seconds should be about enough in my opinion.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #33
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
@ WizardsRequiem

You think a fighter is going to care when he has more than ten mobs on his back, and 4 out of 5 members in the back to keep from getting aggro? If I was a fighter like that, I would concentrate on getting the job done and then picking up the drops. That would mean spamming my aggro skills. No point in getting all the drops when the cleric gets aggro and dies =3=

Though, however, I think 30 seconds is too long and 5 seconds is too short. 15 seconds should be about enough in my opinion.
There are five people to a party. ONE of them is going to pick up the items no matter what. There might even be two people who go after the items. Its how it works. There should always be a designated "loot grabber" in every party. Otherwise you have no one but yourselves to blame if some random low leveled newbie comes and steals your stuff.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #34
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I agree, 5 seconds IS too short.

I wouldn't be opposed to 30 seconds though since the items bubble to the person who killed the mob immediately and we are only talking about the time delay before it becomes available to any other players. If someone prefers to pick-up drops from mobs other people killed then they should put at least 30 seconds per mob into the effort.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #35
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post
There are five people to a party. ONE of them is going to pick up the items no matter what. There might even be two people who go after the items. Its how it works. There should always be a designated "loot grabber" in every party. Otherwise you have no one but yourselves to blame if some random low leveled newbie comes and steals your stuff.
Maybe that's the way that you like your parties to work.

When I'm partying, mostly with my guildies, sometimes I don't bother to pick up the loot if someone else is behind me, and I might double back if I notice no one's picking it up. Especially when it's on free alloc, I don't bother to pick up everything.

Obviously, if you don't bother to get your own loot, it's your fault if it disappears or someone else takes it, but not everyone has the time to get it in a designated amount of time. And that's probably the problem here.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #36
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
*applaudes*

But the drop thing is silly. It really wouldn't be a problem if you just picked up the drops. And being busy isn't an excuse. Just spam your pick-up hotkey and heal hotkey at the same time.
When u r in the middle of a huge mob. 20 trumpies at once u r a lil bit busy to spam your auto pickup button. I dont' remember if i was or not with ama back than but something similar to that occured when i was with her as well. Me and her we were aoeing the whole blue clover trumpy in aew and some low lev brat was hanging around us trying to steal our drops. Sure after that i tried to spam my autopick. But do u even know how hard is to hold aggro on 20 mobs at once when mock only works on 10 max. U have to make sure the mobs that leave for the cleric get hit for massive damage so aggro is back on u. So yeah is pretty hard to spam auto pickup when u deal with a mob consisting of 15+ monsters. Especially in a duo when each one has to be careful on the mob rather than the drops.

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #37
TheSilentOne
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: TheSilentOne
Current Level: 7x
Server: Bijou
TheSilentOne is on a distinguished road
Lmao that was funny. I remember people use to do that in Ragnorak. Merchant class had a skill "Greed" that picks up all items around them. They would go to high area where high lvs were crazy AOEing, go in the middle of the mobs, so u couldnt screen there name ( Since it was 2Dish) and tele lol. Would get my brother very mad XD Anyways, i laughed at how he was picking up stuff...and hitting monsters, then dies and has the nerve to ask for rez. And for the town idea, nothing needs to be changed...just the relog fix. If the nubs cant make it past the templars in CP, or King colls thru Uruga...there is NP. Uruga scrolls are hefty, so they can spend 8s to beg for plvling in Uruga at the steps, but how far are they really getting? Outspark has a lot of work...they still have a Guild bug, which has been out forever...making people not able to play. God this game is going to hell lol
Old 02-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #38
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post

Maybe that's the way that you like your parties to work.

When I'm partying, mostly with my guildies, sometimes I don't bother to pick up the loot if someone else is behind me, and I might double back if I notice no one's picking it up. Especially when it's on free alloc, I don't bother to pick up everything.

Obviously, if you don't bother to get your own loot, it's your fault if it disappears or someone else takes it, but not everyone has the time to get it in a designated amount of time. And that's probably the problem here.
Someone is always bound to pick up the items. Doesn't matter who they are. Its common knowledge that items have value to them and people are in constant need of money (minus the highbies who already have everything) therefore they will take what they can when they can. To be so foolish as to leave your loot on the ground without grabbing it is just plain... err... foolish. I'm kind of tired of repeating myself, this being roughly the fifth or sixth time i've done it so I don't think i'll post in this thread any more. But my point is, if you don't grab it in the alloted time then don't complain because you let it become free game.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #39
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

yea i think thats good send them to were they should be
hahaha but like ksing and taking items is dumb make it so
they cant take items or take ur exp only u or ur pt can thats
wut i think

Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #40
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post
Someone is always bound to pick up the items. Doesn't matter who they are. Its common knowledge that items have value to them and people are in constant need of money (minus the highbies who already have everything) therefore they will take what they can when they can. To be so foolish as to leave your loot on the ground without grabbing it is just plain... err... foolish. I'm kind of tired of repeating myself, this being roughly the fifth or sixth time i've done it so I don't think i'll post in this thread any more. But my point is, if you don't grab it in the alloted time then don't complain because you let it become free game.
That's not what I'm trying to say.

I agree, if you want your loot pick it up.

However, there are people that cannot pick it up in the time that it takes for the item to start bubbling. It has to start bubbling at some time, obviously, because it would just be litter for others if you don't pick it up. However, the point here is that those few seconds for it to start bubbling isn't enough for some people to start picking up items.

I personally have no issue with the amount of time needed for the item to start bubbling, but I can imagine when things go hectic you don't have time to pick up the things before some loot KSer comes along.

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread