Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #31
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road

What game was that? Anyways, i'm cool with same sex marriages but men playing women or vice versa, i'm completely against. The only reason people are against same sex marriages is because they're afraid of what they don't understand. So they come up with stupid shit that usually involves religion like "God hates fags and if they marry its spitting in Gods face!". You know? Stupid crud like that.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #32
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

I was talking about DOMO, actually XD

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 12-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #33
Jannekki
Fire Mushroom

Current Level: High
Server: Bijou
Jannekki is on a distinguished road
These days ppls plays male character even shes she irl and ppl plays female character even hes he.. theres no code actually them to make it public what so ever. :I Theres no need to code the game to make same sex marriage possible. If its actually done, i think its more of a problem than a good thing.. since theres not so many gays playing compared to heterosexuality.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #34
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
from technical stand point, its harder to prevent same gender marriage, then allowing it, but not much.

Its also that people are forgetting what rpg(role playing game) means. It means we play a role that doesn't have to be ourself. So even if u are not gay at all, u could play a gay character of the opposite sex if u want, because its just a role and not u.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:37 AM   #35
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
a gene that favors same gender sex? Such genes will die out very fast
Statistically speaking, an individual has the same chances of sharing a particular gene with a sibling* (I'm using gene in the sense of "bit of DNA that is the fundamental unit of heredity") as they are of their own offspring, both at 50%. It might benefit an individual, therefore, to develop a non-reproductive strategy, in order to care for siblings.

Granted, I'm not including homo sapiens in this, as consciousness throws a bit of a spanner into pure genetic determination. Then we get to talking about memes in association with genes and it gets even more complicated. I've truly making these statements in very broad terms. Reading more about the subject of will help you see why the "common sense" approach isn't always the correct one. Richard Dawkins is a good place to start, "The Selfish Gene" in particular.

*A sibling from a monogamous parental mating.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #36
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Ahhhh~ DOMO

I'm not against same-gender marriages. I don't even see what's so fascinating about it. If you want to go "ooh, ahh, ew, it's homosexuality!" to every same-sex marriage out there, then why don't you go "ooh, ahh, ew, it's heterosexuality!" to every different-gender marriage out there?
It's just another part of life.
NA, in general, isn't as accepting of this idea because they don't have the tradition of marrying family members and same gender members etc.

When a girl plays a guy, or a guy plays a girl in online games and marry though, I'm a little disgusted. Not that I'm against it - I know that some people want to be of the opposite gender - but it's just not what I'm used to. I think that goes for same-sex marriages for some people.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #37
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
NA, in general, isn't as accepting of this idea because they don't have the tradition of marrying family members and same gender members etc.
You're equating homosexuality with incest?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #38
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
*palmface*

Seems threads like these just shouldn't be made after all.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #39
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
When you enter into these relationships, be it friendship / teacher-pupil / lovers, does this add any type of avatar or wording to the appearance of the characters involved? Or do the characters still look today the same as they did yesterday?

If they look the same then why do the game dev's care since no one would know this relationship was formed other than those involved in the relationship?

And, basically, if people are really pissed that these relationships are permitted or formed then I believe they have the right to not log in and just find another game. I would recommend Toontown for them.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #40
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
What are the benefits to being married in the game?
And I think that it is silly that it wont let the same gender character get married. If the bebefits are good enough, what if I wanted to marry someone just for the benfits. My best bet would be to marry Lady-Loki, since we are always on together and always play together. There is nothing between us, I mean, she is my mother. But, it would just make sense.
So again, what benefits are there to getting "married" in the game?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread