Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 AM   #31
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone should be "responsible". People can be materialistic, within their own limits.

The ideal world is not real. The "bush offs" are just another way of saying "yes that is how it SHOULD work but that's not REALLY how it works."

Anyone is entitle to spend his money where he sees fit, I agree with you on that. But with the example I gave, the guy is spending MORE than he has earnt...

People need to be responsible for their own spending, the fact that someone is lending you more money than you can earn does not mean you can go and spend it all. (And there are many real people out there that doesn't understand that concept.)

And, blaming a bank isn't really gonna give that guy free food for the rest of the month, is it?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #32
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vasu
Okay. I'm getting a little tired of the ideal world brush-offs. What is your suggestion then? That everybody be responsible? That nobody be materialistic? Even that happens only in an "ideal" world. I still maintain that the fact that banks give out loans so irresponsibly is NOT the man's fault. He's entitled to spend his money in any way he sees fit.

I don't think that anyone here is saying that you don't have the right to spend the money you earned in whatever way you want. The problem lies in spending money that you don't have for things you don't really need, such as for the aforementioned IPhone. People borrow more than they could realistically afford to pay back and the banks can write it off as profit in the books. This is what happens when the economy is coasting along.

We then hit a bumpy spot. Oil prices flucuate, housing prices collapse, banks start going under, car companys go hat in hand, noone can afford to pay back the sums they've borrowed. etc. ad nauseum.

There are things the way they should be, and there are things the ways they are. (clunky sentence) Banks should only be lending to those who can afford it, people should only borrow what they can afford to pay, we all should take into account real needs first, but that is not they way things are. In the end, we can only look back and say that this is the way things should have been, but much too late and after the fact.

^Typed out before Hessah's reply

Last edited by Ivramire; 03-10-2009 at 05:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #33
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah you basically worded everything in my head lol. I suck at getting things into words D:
Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #34
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
personally, i think it's people ruining society, though that's a bit of an oxy-moron... people these days have lost all tennants of respect for their fellow human beings. people look at others as faceless pawns in their own gain. there's exceptions, like most people here, but overall, i think it's greed and human nature ruining society right now. it's like that '70s movie, "Network"... at the end it proves that alot of the time people are looked at as dollar signs... i wont spoil it for people who havent seen it yet though.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
When, exactly, has human society ever been this eglaitarian utopia of which you speak?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #36
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well.. compared to things in the past, society isn't so bad. Children have been forced to work dangerous jobs, women and any minorities had almost no rights in most places. Religious discrimination, etc. It's still going on in some places, but in most developed countries, its generally gone.

But, some people are becoming careless. People in the past have lived and worked purely to survive. People these days live and work to be happy.

But you got to have moderation and responsibility.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #37
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
It is people that makes up the society right? so it has to be people that's ruining it... this is more about what in human that's ruining it...

I guess in some places (say busy cities) people are being demanded MORE than they use to? With the new "contact me 24/7" technology, people don't get weekends no more.. they earn more money but they lose some sanity too..

and people become more sly to earn more with the least amount of efforts, and people become less friendly / giving in fear that they're being taken advantage of...

I guess to have a 'rich and loving' society is pretty much a fairy tale...

[i kept staring at yosei's kitty as i typed =.=]

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
i know it's never been that way... but it doesnt neccesarilly make it right ._.

but now, with the rise of corperations, it's seeming to get worse than ever... there was greed before, but it was at least split up so you could put a face behind it.

plus, there's no creativity anymore... people just ram a bunch of already used things into one small convinient package, and it sells automatically. there's no real innovation as of late... just convinience. im not dissing apple... im typing this on a mac. but im kinda wondering, why has innovation dropped so much? nowadays, sameness is everywhere you look. wanna make a buck on t.v.? make a reality show! wanna make some cash in the film industry? make a romantic comedy! wanna REALLY capitalize on those things? make a cheap video game out of it!

it's good to have those things... (except maybe the badly made games)... but a well-working society needs a bit of innovation to balance that out.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #39
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I'm not sure I understand you, you're saying we've stopped inventing as much as we used to or something?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #40
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hmm I don't understand either.. I thought.. they were innovations already... most of the things we've got now (technology wise) were not around 20 years.. or even 10 years ago...

So you're hoping that we'll develop some sort of.. 1-man areoplane in place of cars now, coz... car isn't "new" anymore..?

Oh wait.. 1 man areophone already exist..

We need to come up with something new again..?

What exactly is "new"?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread