Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #21
Phibrizzo
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Felore
Current Level: 3x
Server: Teva
Phibrizzo is on a distinguished road

since x-trap was reimplemented I sometimes have sudden video lags when I change maps D:

just like: GotD - all okay > go to MT - I can barely see what's going around > enter ELD - everything just fine again. o-o

I never had this kinda problem, and I'm sure my PC can do more than just handle the video config lol''
Old 02-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
I can't stop laughing! xD
Old 02-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
since x-trap was reimplemented I sometimes have sudden video lags when I change maps D:

just like: GotD - all okay > go to MT - I can barely see what's going around > enter ELD - everything just fine again. o-o

I never had this kinda problem, and I'm sure my PC can do more than just handle the video config lol''

I didn't think it did anything to me really but now that you mention this, I do tend to get random spikes of lag at random since the patch. <_>

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #24
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Zucchini View Post
X-trap interrupts my gameplay sometimes, but have faith in the GMs, they're trying to do their best. Imagine having to go through 1000 PMs when you login AND still have to think of ways to keep the bots at bay.
Yeah, and thats only part of their job. We aren't getting much done by sitting back and complaining. We just have to be patient and hope they find a solution soon. Perhaps if anyone here has any knowledge on any better software, they could suggest it to a GM via PM?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #25
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Yeah, and thats only part of their job. We aren't getting much done by sitting back and complaining. We just have to be patient and hope they find a solution soon. Perhaps if anyone here has any knowledge on any better software, they could suggest it to a GM via PM?
There is no better software.

Punkbuster is less invasive, works better, has more compatability with other systems, but at the end of the day it will still lag you when it performs its scans.

Valve Anti Cheat is possibly the best solution, but its not meant for MMO's.

Gameguard is too invasive. Its kernel hooks will make you cringe. If it cannot secure a hold on the kernel it will shut down your computer.

XTrap is just a piece of crap.

THe real solution, yosei, is to have none at all.

Had any of the people at outspark attended the 2007 game-developer's conference, EPIC games gave a lecture about dealing with cheats, hackers, botters, or anything alike.

The solution is to get rid of them manually. Threatened with lawsuites individuals will most likely not continue. Using software based solutions are only temporary, and cause tremendous collateral damage to a population and performance.

Prosecution can occur in local jurisdictions.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #26
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
In all the games I've played that have used gameguard though, I've never had any problems because of it. `-`

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #27
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Yea X-Trap is a big problem. Punkbuster wont really solve the problems you get with MMos like Fiesta and Holic. I'd rather have to deal with X-Trap then people being able to lvl in seconds by packet editing* which is really very simple stuff Which was done to Fiesta in Cb1 if I remember correctly*. The same thing was done with Holic TILL X-Trap was added. Anti-Hack will never stop botters because most of these pleasebuygoldheresowecankeylogyou sites are from foriegn versions of this game and already know how to bypass everything. But script kiddies speed hacking and stuff it will stop.

You also have to understand Outspark gets the patches and stuff from the Korean Devs they have very little choice in what actually makes it into Fiesta. They maybe able to make minor changes but big changes like no antihack are a no-no. You may buy a contract from a company but its in the end its still there game and if you dont abide by their rules they will yank it. Every version of Fiesta uses XTrap as far I know. B.K , KRFiesta and GnGFiesta *which if it doesnt will be getting it soon*. Whereas you have a point Angellic about Epic unfortunately most Asian companies dont really think like that because they dont really deal with the masses of cheaters.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Thats what I keep trying to explain to people. Down to it.. its not Outspark thats doing it. All they can do is say "Um... the western players don't really like this program and a lot of them can't sign on.. we need something different"
Compared to BK, Outspark listens to its players more. With BK, if you're banned, thats it, end of discussion. They added X-trap and its apparently there to stay. I'm sure it effects its players just the same.

So yeah, try to get some perspective before complaining.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #29
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
XTrap cant prevent package editing. In fact i have a tool that logs packets, so i can log the chat(i really hate to forget what people told me, so i log it). And i didnt had to change anything after XTrap was running.

Also a script kiddy wont be able to log the packets. Because the client site obfuscated.

XTrap is also useless against tools like the CheatEngine.

In fact the only think it will help against are the public bots, who are using AutoEdit etc...

But hey at least they are trying.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
Zodiac
Ich Bin Ein Berliner!

In-Game Name: Xsile
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou/Teva
Zodiac has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Zodiac
Yes they are trying, and I appreciate that, Even though im not able to play long as they require administrative rights but im ok with it for now cause I know that there going to try to fix it "Hopefully" xD but im going to wait it out and see what turns up

"O
ne star one moon one day to soon the light there was will soon be doomed"

[Kitty]
.:¤Xsile¤:.
«WizMage 4x Bijou»
«WizMage 2x Teva»
Closed Thread