Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Is there a God?
There are many gods. 2 3.17%
There is one impersonal god. 2 3.17%
There is one personal god 13 20.63%
There is/are no god(s) 14 22.22%
There may be a god/gods, but so far there is no proof of their existence. 32 50.79%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #201
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough

i said that he was too powerful NOT to be able to lift the stone. he can make a stone of any size, but he's incapable of not picking it up v.v

i know a little bit about hinduism, i just havent studied it thoroughly.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #202
Aidan
Bored Imp

Aidan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
But the Bible states that God is all knowing and all powerful.

If you look up Genesis 18:14, Luke 18:27, Revelation 19:6, it states that god is all powerful.

If you look up Psalm 139:2-6 and Isaiah 40:13-14, it states that god is all knowing.

The fact that he didn't see the Tower of Babylon coming is just another contradiction in the Bible.

So therefore, if God can change his future mind, he is not all knowing, and if he cannot, he is not all powerful.
The bible has a lot of contradictions. Often enough people are too lazy to read it and understand it for themselves that they never see those *mistakes*.

As far as homosexuality goes, didn't really read through the past few posts, but homosexuality just goes against the natural law of reproduction. Male mates with female to make a baby, two men or two women can't make a baby without intense scientific breakthrough (And we still can't do it).

I suppose the violation of that natural law is the only thing that makes it a sin.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #203
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
As far as homosexuality goes, didn't really read through the past few posts, but homosexuality just goes against the natural law of reproduction. Male mates with female to make a baby, two men or two women can't make a baby without intense scientific breakthrough (And we still can't do it).
Infertile people can't make babies. Old people can't make babies. Doesn't change their relationships.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #204
Aidan
Bored Imp

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Infertile people can't make babies. Old people can't make babies. Doesn't change their relationships.
Right. There's the exception to the rule. Of course, Humans only recently have been living into old age thanks to medicine, and infertile humans have only recently been accepted better. Older cultures used to sometimes even kill daughters and/or sons that were proven to be infertile.

That's the only justification I have as far as why homosexuality is a "sin". Bible just went by what they saw at the time. People died before 40, infertile people were usually shamed/killed/exiled. Nowadays things are different and thus perhaps the rule -could- be different. But society clings to that old way of life.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #205
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
The bible has a lot of contradictions. Often enough people are too lazy to read it and understand it for themselves that they never see those *mistakes*.

I suppose the violation of that natural law is the only thing that makes it a sin.
You do realize that there are quite a few documented case of homosexual behavior in animals, correct? So nature is now violating natural law?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #206
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Keep in mind, Hrae, that we too are nothing more than advanced animals.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #207
Aidan
Bored Imp

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
You do realize that there are quite a few documented case of homosexual behavior in animals, correct? So nature is now violating natural law?
Perhaps disorders might be an answer. Homosexuality could really be a disorder. People with feet fetishes have a psychological disorder that makes the brain think other people's genitals are on their feet.

Likewise, perhaps homosexuals just have the part of their brains either identifying themselves as male/female reversed (Males think they are females or females think they are males), or have their interpretations of other people reversed (they see males and females and females as males).

If a homosexual relationship isn't sexually-based though, there's no reason to call it a relationship then. It's just an advanced and close friendship. Just like straight couples.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #208
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Of course, that's the point I'm trying to make. Saying that nature violates natural law doesn't make sense, and I was prempting the rebuttal of "humans aren't animals, we're seperate", etc.

Edit: "Perhaps disorders might be an answer. Homosexuality could really be a disorder. People with feet fetishes have a psychological disorder that makes the brain think other people's genitals are on their feet."

Homosexuality has been removed from the DSM-IV for quite some time.

Last edited by Hraesvelg; 04-15-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #209
Aidan
Bored Imp

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Of course, that's the point I'm trying to make. Saying that nature violates natural law doesn't make sense, and I was prempting the rebuttal of "humans aren't animals, we're seperate", etc.

Edit: "Perhaps disorders might be an answer. Homosexuality could really be a disorder. People with feet fetishes have a psychological disorder that makes the brain think other people's genitals are on their feet."

Homosexuality has been removed from the DSM-IV for quite some time.
If it has been I wouldn't know. I'm just theorizing here.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #210
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
i said that he was too powerful NOT to be able to lift the stone. he can make a stone of any size, but he's incapable of not picking it up v.v

i know a little bit about hinduism, i just havent studied it thoroughly.
So he can't make a stone too heavy that he can't lift it, right?

So would you like for me to bring them up now?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread