Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

Empowering Heal's SP consumption results in less SP spent per cast, and longer time in the field. When you start grinding in Forest of Slumber, you'll begin to realize how much you appreciate SP conservation.

Heal's cooldown is handy for times when the tank has to hold a lot more mobs.

Bash is your strongest skill; Extinguish, Break, Bleed, and Trip don't come close. Empower it.

I wouldn't suggest empowering Recover. It draws way too much aggro, but I put 5 points into it anyways.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i spent 30+ stones in a Mini Dragon KQ once... i would be close to hving none left if i didnt empower heal...

but then again, a lot of the SP was spent on re-buffing ppl after they died... but none-the-less.. my heal was spammed too....

@ Tri.. is Recover the skill we can get from Nina?? can we also get the skill from quest?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 01-20-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
What is "break"? and yes, recover can be bought for fame, and i think theres a quest to get it too... i also think that sometimes you might want to draw aggro if there is no fighter...

btw while i understand that the amount of stones u can carry is limited, isnt the amount of potions you can carry unlimited, or will tier one SP potions not be able to heal SP fast enough?

also, i wonder which skill i should reduce sp usage for, because when soloing i use bash the most often, whereas in parties sometimes i use heal more often, sometimes restore... should i spend just one point per skill?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
T1 SP Pot will not heal enough.. 1 SP Pot will only give u enough to cast heal twice... so before u can use ur pot again u've already used up ur SP...

I just noticed that u're on GamenGame server... i duno how much u can sell T2 SP Pots for there.. but i can sell mine for 150c each.. and my SP stones cost me only 68c (or sth like that) and it heals just as much SP... so it seems way cheaper to use stones and not pots... (i still dunno why ppl buy my pots but anyway)

I would recommend reduce heal SP consumption...
I think i've considered putting 1 point in reducing Bash SP consumption coz the 1st point always reduce it by a bigger chuck of SP compare to the points that follow....

But you cant spam bash as much as u spam heal... so heal should still be the skill u use more often... and hence u'll save more SP...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
actually when i solo, if i fight yellow named monsters, i use bash more often then heal because of restore... however, when partying i use heal more often, which is why i dont know which one to empower...

edit: although i might use heal more often if i get attacked by multiple monsters at once
Old 01-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
marvin
Mushroom

marvin will become famous soon enough
i have only played bright kingdom, and in bright kingdom nobody uses points in reducing SP consumption for the simple reason that stones and pots can be bought with money.

you can only get a limited number of points in the game, so i think it would be better to use it for other things that you cant get no matter how much money you have like cooldown time reduction.

i think the same goes for other classes as well. a mage who uses points in increasing the damage or reducing the cooldown time of spells is certainly more powerful than a mage who can cast more number of (weak) spells per amount of sp.

マービン
76エンチャンター
SUNサーバー
http://blazeoflife.web.fc2.com
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 AM   #17
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
i spent 30+ stones in a Mini Dragon KQ once... i would be close to hving none left if i didnt empower heal...

but then again, a lot of the SP was spent on re-buffing ppl after they died... but none-the-less.. my heal was spammed too....

@ Tri.. is Recover the skill we can get from Nina?? can we also get the skill from quest?
Yes, Recover can be obtained from a quest.

Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
What is "break"? and yes, recover can be bought for fame, and i think theres a quest to get it too... i also think that sometimes you might want to draw aggro if there is no fighter...

btw while i understand that the amount of stones u can carry is limited, isnt the amount of potions you can carry unlimited, or will tier one SP potions not be able to heal SP fast enough?

also, i wonder which skill i should reduce sp usage for, because when soloing i use bash the most often, whereas in parties sometimes i use heal more often, sometimes restore... should i spend just one point per skill?
Break is another cleric offensive skill.

Description: Break your targets defense with a shattering blow.

Maximum Damage: 467 - 550 additional damage.

Keep in mind Bash [10] does 1180~1388 additional damage.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #18
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Tri~ did u get ur skill from Quest? i heard that quest is a bit complicated and messed up...

i'm asking coz i wanna know if i can use my fame points for alchemy stones or i should cont to save up the fame point for the skill coz the quest is complicated...?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #19
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Tri~ did u get ur skill from Quest? i heard that quest is a bit complicated and messed up...

i'm asking coz i wanna know if i can use my fame points for alchemy stones or i should cont to save up the fame point for the skill coz the quest is complicated...?
I did.

And it's not that complicated, it's basically a puzzle...lol.

To me, it was a refreshment from "Kill x monsters, Obtain x items."
Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 AM   #20
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

OOooo sounds good.. YAY! i can use my fame points~~~

Thanks for answering that.. i've been trying to seek a response from that for a while.. but my question always got lost with other topics XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread