Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Cleric playing guide

Introduction
A cleric is one of the classes avialable in Fiesta Online. While they may have lower attack compared to others, their defence is second only the fighter, and they can heal others.

While it is true that characters can use HP stones and HP Potions, such items have cooldown times, and cost money. A cleric significantly reduces the amount of such items you will need to consume, thus saving money.

Being the only class who can effectively heal others, it is important that clerics heal their party members. Also, clerics can deal damage whenever healing is not requried.

The following short guide will provide a few tips on how to effectively play a cleric to maximize its fullest potential.

Playing Tips

General Tips

Do not worry about using a HP stone or HP potion if you really need to do so.
Cure can cure bleeding, as bleeding is considered as poison. However, currently there is no way to tell the tier of a bleeding spell, but there is no harm in trying to cure it once. If it doesnt work, it is because the bleeding is of too high a tier to be cured by your cure.

You can check the tier of the bleeding by hovering over its icon when you click on the player you are trying to cure. Cure[1] cures tier 1, Cure[2] cures tier 3, not sure about subsequent tiers/cures. I have yet to see tier 2 poison, I believe tier 3 is a typo.

Be careful when using Bash. While doing so you cannot heal. You can use heal then immediately use bash thus healing and attacking.
If low on HP use heal, then immediately cast rejuvenate.

Party Tips

-Use F1~F5 to quickly select a party member. After selecting them, you can -heal or buff them.
-Use the "Tab" button on the keyboard to quickly select an enemy. Press it again to change target.
-It is generally recommended that you attack the monster that is being attacked by your party member, or that is attacking your party member, so that you do not provoke more monsters and get attacked more.
-The "assist" action is for selecting the target of your target.
-If multiple members require healing, and you do not have recover or it is cooling, use Heal on the one who needs it most, followed by Restore on the next party member.
-The one who needs it most is usually the one being attacked.
-Try and use restore as often as possible on injured party members.
-Use invincible if you will not be able to heal fast enough to save your member's life. If you know or believe that such a situation will not occur in the next 2 minutes, you may also want to use invincible to lessen the amount of healing required, allowing u to attack more. It can be also used on the tanker or on yourself while you revive another player.
-Recast all buffs when they expire. It is recommended that you recast them a few minutes before they expire.
-Use cure as soon as possible when you or a member is hit by poison or illness.

Other Tips

Dealing with rude people
When rude players outside your party demand that you heal them or buff them, and are not polite, you do not have to heal or buff them. In fact, you should not do so. You may think you are helping them, but if you help them you are in fact reinforcing the incorrect belief that they can get what they want by being rude and demanding. Moreover, most players do not like rude people. Instead, it is recommended that you either ingore them, or explain to them that you will not heal or buff rude people. If they harrass or stalk you, report them to the GMs (Game Masters) of your service provider.

Skill Empowerement
Note that the following empowerments are my own personal opinion. This is only to give a rough idea of what to add.

Bash-5 points to increase power. This is currently the best attacking skill in the game, and is better then Bleed or Trip.

Invincible-1 point to duration. The first point increases duration by 3.8 seconds, subsequent points increase by 0.7 seconds.

Heal-5 points to cooldown, 1 to reduce SP consumption. Heal is the best healing spell in terms of hp healed per second, assuming it was used as soon as the cooldown is up. Also, while 5 points only reduce cooldown by 0.9 seconds, it is in fact a 30% reduction in cooldown, just like with all other healing skills. As for SP consumption, since heal will be used about once every 2.1 seconds when in a party, it would save some money. Subsequent points after the first point reduce SP consumption by a lesser amount.

Last edited by NotMyWay; 02-07-2008 at 04:53 AM..
Old 02-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Good guide. A couple of things though:

I never favoured the idea of putting 1 or 2 empowering points into a certain skill. I reckon it's better that if you want to empower something, empower all the way.

I reckon that all 5 points should be used for SP consumption for Heal. It is used a lot and even with 5 points reduced, I find that I am sometimes the first or second person in the party to go back to down to restock on SP stones. 1 point doesn't do enough to make a good difference I reckon. If you don't mind using heaps of SP for heals, then I suggest you use that 1 point to empower something else. But, I believe 5 points into sp consumption is more ideal - for both solo and party clerics.

Same goes for invincible, 1 point only increases 3.8 seconds, while 5 points increases about 7.5 seconds. The additional 4 seconds really help during times of need - but then again, that's just my opinion and maybe I need it more because I usually party with others when I play, so the longer the invincible - the more useful it is for me.

Also, I suggest rebuffing every half an hour or so if you remember. When I try to wait for the last few minutes before rebuffing, I always forget or we get mobbed during the time, and then the buff runs out in the middle of the battle.

But, all of the above are just my preferred methods of playing, and I can't say that they are the "right" way. xD

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with everything else you have in your guide. Nice work!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
alexbre
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: lexay/Fantasm
Current Level: 45 mage/23 cleric
Server: Apoline
alexbre has a spectacular aura aboutalexbre has a spectacular aura aboutalexbre has a spectacular aura about
i agree with both, and especially the point about fuly empower. What i do is 1 on sp then 5 on cooltime(heal) the 1 sp and full dmg on bash

i'm just... spamming...
um... come on Hessah...

VS
Old 02-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
I don't really think there is any right or wrong way to use empowerment points, i guess everyone has their own prefrence and i'm just giving a few suggestions... (i believe common sense tells u not to empower protect cool down?) but maybe 5 points into heal sp reduction might be a good idea, if the other skills from BK never get implemented...
Closed Thread