Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
acedia
Slime

acedia is on a distinguished road
About drop rates and mob color

Hi there. First post.

Was wondering if anybody knows or has information on how drop rates are affected by what color the monster is or more specifically how the level of the monster compares to yours.

I generally assumed that higher level mobs drop more than lower level ones, but it seems that monsters from a fine range (those only 1-2 levels higher than me) drop much more green equips, even more so than reds. Is it just because I am unlucky or what?

I ask this because I am thinking about completing an Orc license, but they are level 61 and I am only 50 and while they are easy to kill if they will never drop greens then I don't think its worth it.

Someone please give me exact information / data and tell me that yellows really don't drop more green eqs than reds do.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
erm... i dont have any exact information..

but i've heard that CP and SEG has been dropping lotsa green lvl 5x weapon/armours, and i've been there for a good 20 hrs doing my lin\cense and I must have had 10 green armours/weapon dropped for me...

On the other hand, mobs in uruga doesnt drop as much mat, let alone greens...

but i think its the mobs that we were fighting that's dropping more greens, more than the mob colour... (like the lvl 3x fighting harkans which are red for them are still getting green drops)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Helbrax
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Helbrax
Helbrax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Helbrax
I think it may be more about perception than anything. When I fight red monsters, I rarely see any good drops, but I can fight Marlone Archers and Megatons and get a green drop every 10 minutes or so. I can probably take out about 10 or 15 of those per 1 red monster.

Red/Orange/Yellow monsters MAY have better drop rates than Green mobs, but unless it's ridiculously higher, fighting monsters you can easily mow down and still get drops from them is usually faster money and exp.

My 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
I think if the monster is too easy for you to kill (as in it is grey to you), then the drop rate is nothing. If you fight mobs more suitable for your level then the drop rates are better. However, if you grind on monsters that are red to you, then the drop rate is very low.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Yellow mobs have optimal drops, every other colour has a drops penalty. Grey mobs drop next to nothing, and green, red and orange mobs have noticably reduced drops compared to yellows.

You can't currently get green armour/weapons from any lvl 60+ monster, as they're not currently "allowed" to drop.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #6
acedia
Slime

acedia is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the quick responses and thank you Patchouli for confirming my observation though I wish it weren't true haha.

I guess its all the way back to Harkans I go D:
Closed Thread