Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #91
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold

Oh wow, so they were humiliating people in front of the whole community?

Anyway I saw so many poor souls asking for Technical help and complaining casue they never got an answer. Not even from PMs...I'll try Seal tonight and I'll try DOMO tomorrow.

I'll play Fiesta after DOMO

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #92
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
I might play seal just to test it out. But I dont think I'll like it if they arent alot of players.

I also read on their forums that hackers are a big problem, and the GM's seem to not even pay attention to the players.

I'll also try DOMO. I'm probably gonna make a Docotr/Thief/Mage on there.
Most of the hacker population has been wiped out completely. There are a few left that the GMs do catch, tho.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #93
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Well I think that after the hackers get past the gameguard it probably will go up again. It's like that in post MMO's

Anyway I hope that doesnt happen

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #94
Antagonist
King Crab

Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the problem with Seal online is that is WAS a cutting edge,fantastic, one of the first ever cartoon style MMORPS, but it shows its' age now. The game has literally been given up on here in Korea. It is roughly 6 or 7 years old, I believe it was released here a few months before the 2002 world cup came. It was free for a long time, then went paid, and the population dropped from 20 servers down to 5, then a few months ago, they actually decreased it to 2 or 3 servers and made it free again. I think my wife an I finished with a 118 mage and I had a 112 knight. It was a great game though, the combo system was revolutuionary for a mmorpg.
So when you are thinking about, forgetting things that are common place in todays game, remember that this game is virtually unchanged from its' conception and open beta from 6 years ago.
Thank goodness SOMEONE understands.

Personally, I find this game way better than most MMOs nowadays. Most of the new ones are just so... overdone. I mean, almost every game now has the typical 4-class, skill-spamming, overly-grindy system. And very few actually have a solid storyline going.

Seal is simple, and that's what makes it fun for me. And keep in mind that since it IS old, barely changed, and wasn't released in English until 6-7 YEARS AFTER its original release in Korea, it is probably one of the most original and has many features that are the basis for current MMO trends.

People always say things like, "Oh, it's crap because it's a ROSE/FlyFF clone, blah blah," but those weren't even released until after. People just assume it's a "clone" and that it's not original because they weren't aware of its existence until August.

YNK still pays attention to it, you know. They pretty much remedied the speed hacker problem last week. They've done major interface overhauls, and half of the skills you see on your skill list probably weren't even there until a major update last year. In jSO, they do weekly server maintenances. And they wouldn't work on a game that nobody played anymore, much less market it to an entirely different population.

This game is far more balanced than most games, which have serious issues with that. I've played jSO for years without ever even considering buying anything from the cash shop. And even now, there's nothing I absolutely need to buy. This game isn't like MapleStory or FlyFF where you HAVE to go overboard with real-life money to enjoy it. The classes are pretty much balanced. If you asked most experienced players, they'd say for certain that each class has its own strengths and weaknesses and that there isn't really one class that robs another of the spotlight.

Not that the game is perfect, since there are some things it's lacking that I really wish they'd implement too. But it's nice knowing that there's more to do besides grinding away for hours.

Oh, and

Quote:
Uruga > Newb Town
There's Sevis, Nerais (pronounced neh-reis), Rainbow Arc, Red Soil, Zaid (pronounced zide), Clements Mine, and Aleph Dungeon.

I just felt like ranting because of some negative comments in this thread that didn't even sound like thought-out judgments.

Now, if anyone here is still playing, my priest's name in Malkuth is Arumekia. >_>
I join the SealBox chats and am in there constantly.

I need to make a new character though. People are getting stingy in parties.

Last edited by Antagonist; 12-17-2007 at 10:16 AM..
Old 12-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #95
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

I really really hate Seals guild system. I think it's a bit too strict. D8
Old 12-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #96
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Rightclaw View Post
I really really hate Seals guild system. I think it's a bit too strict. D8
What's so strict about it?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #97
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
What's so strict about it?
It's like 500 guild points to level it up once. ._.

1 guild point = 10,000 exp. I think the cost to make one is a bit to steep also. Along with the waiting times when you leave a guild, and the deletion waiting time too...
Old 12-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #98
Antagonist
King Crab

Antagonist is on a distinguished road
The wait time when you leave the guild is to discourage you from being hopping guilds like people do in a lot of games and to encourage staying together. I agree that the cost for everything is a bit much.

But at least you get a guild bank and can organize guild wars in funky maps.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #99
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
What happened to SealFan?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #100
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

I shall upload some screenies :3

Exam week = Me tired. I was so tempted to ask if that was O-mie, but then I saw the "can u summon" me thing. :[

I spam guild notice veri gud ya? :]

Me about to annoy one of my "friends". *coughehatesmecough*

Cok = inappropriate phrase.

Me and my significant other. <3
Closed Thread