Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Muon
Mushroom

Muon is on a distinguished road
Still Breaking Weapons.

Being able to now make lix and xir, I decided once again to try my hand at enchanting. Since I was stacking paper to the ceiling, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a weapon to 4,5,6 or higher. Once again I just managed to break 4 swords. I wonder if there's something about that redeye crap that's supposed to allow you to not break weapons from the cash shop that made them let weapons and armor be easier to break. I didn't get 1 of 4 over +3. Burned about 40 elrue doing it. Lucky, Blessed.. none of these have helped me. (Bless broke my weapon 2x, Lucky has never done more than give me a +1 when it worked). I don't know, maybe that's just the average so that everyone isn't running around with +9 weapons, but damn it seems like impossible to get a level 20 anything over +3.

On a lighter note, I mine my own ore, and mining has good points and bad. The bad points being the title spammers, the ore thieves, and all around jerks, but I do mine with my main character (because my disposables don't have mine skills and my cleric is only 8th) so the phinoflies in the cave don't bother me at all...which makes it fun. I was 'racing' some lowbie mage to an ore spot (and I was in the lead, i.e. MINE!) but there was a phinofly (i think i'm spelling that right). Either he didn't care or thought it would attack me first. Needless to say , dead mage and my ore! hahaha I also watched a couple of so called clever fighters try to take down a magebook. That was funny too. There weren't any spammers in there at the time so it was good. I wish they would let you pull out 2 or 3 LQ ores off 1 ore though, it would make the process alot quicker and we wouldn't have to go through so much ore to make lix.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Buying the Red Eye and Blue (what ever it is called) does help. You just have to make sure that you get the one that 100% prevents breakage. I have managed to get my wand up to a +8 with them, and even with 85% of them being fails, my weapon does not break. The only problem I have found, is that I personally think they have increased the failure rate due to the CS items to help enhancing. You will go through several packs of red eye and countless numbers of elrue, lix, and xir. Even withthe CS items, it is still very costly to enhance weapons.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
The Reguar red and blue Miles reduce 50% the chance of degrading and destruction. you wanna get the Prefect Blue and Red mile(Reduce Breakage and + Reduction 100%). This does not mean that you will automatically upgrade, since the stone can just break ^^

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
He knows what the CS stuff does. He was only saying that he thinks they reduced success chances in enhancing without red eyes etc.

thing is though, enhancing was always a risky thing to do. it's not at all uncommon to break stuff trying to go to +3. Nothing new here.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
7thHeVeN
Imp

7thHeVeN is on a distinguished road
I have bought the perfect red and blue and managed a +4 i wasutterly disopointed with this result!, it simply means i have to spend another 5pounds...10 dollars on doing so .. personally i think its a complete rip off, its almost like a gambling addiction - my advice to any one is DONT enhance and if ur mad enough to try it with out red eye and blue mile ..(which i have btwand lost about 2 golds and not acheived ne thing!) then your stupid.. listen to the people who have lost allot trying, its not worth it the store price's are rediculas.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:39 AM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Lol.

If you played CB1, it's so obvious how much enhancement success has been reduced. Elrues were guaranteed to succeed back then.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 AM   #7
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Having the perfect Eyes/Miles does make it way more likely to be unaffective.

And sometimes you get bugged Perfect Eyes/Miles. SnugglePuff used them and his bow broke.

You guys have some really bad luck. I got my Targe Shield to +6 with no problems.

Last edited by Hyper; 12-10-2007 at 04:30 AM..
Closed Thread