Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

People:

#1 - you might not like CenStudios videos, you might like them. I do not care one way or another. Just keep your criticism on a more constructive level. State your opinion about the video without stating it about the person behind the post.

Example: Lone Wolf's post - not a "woohoo - I love it" post, but he does not insult the poster. He states what he does not like about it, the same as people have posted what they like about it. This is accepteable.

#2 Simply a face is not a response. We are cracking down on spam and a reply that simply has an emote and adds nothing to the topic is considered spam.

I deleted the unnecessary posts from this thread.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 03-23-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
Lone_Wolf
Boogy Knight

Lone_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Matzy View Post
Errr what is that then?

Cool vid btw
what exactly do you mean?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
well arrogance drips of it, and it aint really to helpfull for me.

Also maybe try a native english speaker? No offensive to your english but sometimes its somewhat difficult to understand IMO.
Originally Posted by Matzy View Post
Errr what is that then?

Cool vid btw
what exactly do you mean?

Matzy bolded your spelling errors and corrected them I guess. Maybe because of the "No offensive to your english" part makes it ironic.

Nothing meant here either.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
Lone_Wolf
Boogy Knight

But you did understand what I ment didnt you?

Also speaking is a whole lot easyer then writing.

And I just wanted to say that because he isnt a native english speaker, he cant have everything perfect and I dont expect that, just like I wont understand everything perfect cause im not an english native speaker either. But I do believe that there are English native speakers in Censtudios(if not correct me) so I say it wouldve been better if he let them do it.

I dont have a native english speaker/writer here so he cant correct my spelling errors.

BTW are you people always such a whiners about minor spelling mistakes? Why dont you learn my language and all its silly spelling things init, then I'll correct everything you wrote wrong too.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03-23-2009 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Oh, I don't disagree =)

k, on-topic = Yeah, agree about the voice, it could have been done better. Never really wondered how the videos were made, but k nice to know. And uh, you're supposed to leave some things implied and not actually say them

Other than that, nice job.

Last edited by Ivramire; 03-23-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: on topic
Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
hihi - it's me again.....

Psst - lets go back on topic.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think perhaps it's the nature of being non-native English that gave the slight impression at the end of jackassedness. (So it may not be a standard English word, Shakespeare tended to make up his own words, too).

And as for LoneWolf, if I go onto a message board in your native language, I'll attempt to use that language (whatever it may be).

Now that's the way to tie-in the off- and on-topic conversations, heh.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Censtudios
Blue Crab

Censtudios is on a distinguished road
well arrogance drips of it, and it aint really to helpfull for me.

Also maybe try a native english speaker? No offense to your english but sometimes its somewhat difficult to understand IMO.
Well not everybody in the world is a native english speaker, and i've heard worse english in my life, and i'm pretty sure you have too. Yes there are people in Censtudios that are native english speakers, but Hookshot (who made the video) asked me to do the voice because yeah... *dum dum dum* I'm the founder... Plus, there is only 1 native speaker in the Fiesta department, and that's Mewaki and she doesnt have a good mic :P

Mewaki - USA
Centrix - NED
Hookshot - USA <-- He is from Austria but is in college in the US
Hifarry - IDO
Verin - GER
DenLix - JAP

The video is supposed to be explanatory to those who question our methods of making videos. If you weren't wondering how we do it, then ofcourse its not really helpful, but atleast you know and maybe it will give you an idea to make videos as well? Who knows.

I also don't see what you mean with arrogance, there is nothing egocentric about this video, it just explains in a normal way how we work. Its not like we're saying stuff like "oh we're so good, we get paid, blablabla"

~ Centrix

Censtudios team share this account

Last edited by Censtudios; 03-29-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Old 03-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think the phrasing at the end is what everyone is taking exception to. "So, next time you watch a Censtudios video production, why not think about the amount of hours spent on making it the way it is rather than questioning the methods of achieving such efforts?" makes you sound like a dick. It's very petulant. I think it all comes down to the command of English. Even some native speakers don't exactly have a full grasp of the language.

Perhaps something along the lines of, "Next time you're watching one of our videos, sit back and enjoy the story and leave the hard work to us." That would work better than a "Screw you for daring to wonder about how we do things."
Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Lone_Wolf
Boogy Knight

I think the person above said quite well what I ment and it also proves that I wasnt the only one thinking it.

Also I didnt say it was bad but due to the fact you not being a native english speaker and me not being one either there is actually a double as much chance for things that are difficult to undersatnd either be you or by me making a wrong pronounciation or dont know the right one making it more difficult to follow everything, thats why a native one wouldve been better cause then it were only my errors whih is a bit easyer to find, thus making it more understandable.

Do note that I dont want to say in any way that your english is bad or anything, its good and ive heared a lot worse, its just that some parts were IMO a bit difficult to understand( like if I did it, it wouldve probably been the same) due to the fact that I explained above.
Closed Thread