Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
Weapon upgrades..

Does the damage added by weapon upgrades bypass defense in the same way free stat STR does?

I honestly have no idea, but the answer is very important for some research .-.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure it doesn't even if it's been a while.

This is for enhancement right? Getting a weapon to +9 doubles the damage range you can inflict as stated on the weapon description. It however doesn't literally double the damage you do with actual spells/skills so defense is taken into account first.

If it's for stats from greens/blues, that also does not bypass defense.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
AegisXOR
Honeying

It's a good thing it doesn't, then, because it keeps all the weapon types relatively balanced. If it did, and I had been suspecting that it might, then a hell of a lot of axe fighters would be feeling pretty stupid right about now.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Think of it this way.

One of the Hellgait weapons that dropped recently had a range of about 5k to 6k damage. That's before +9. Now double that damage.

That's 10k-12k, 4-6k of damage that goes right past defense. If bonus damage from enhancement bypassed defense, it would break the game.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
AegisXOR
Honeying

Pardon me for not being intimately familiar with the stats of extremely high level items. :P
Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Uhh, sorry if I sounded blunt or something.

Typing fast because my internet connection is going to go at any time, so I can't exactly think of better ways to phrase it >__<
Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
What lvra said.
If the enhancement damage bypassed def, it would be pretty scary.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Sir_Jacob
Honeying

In-Game Name: Sir_Jacob
Current Level: 7x
Server: Epith
Sir_Jacob is on a distinguished road
xD if that happened, there would be no way to play the game without spark cash, because that's really the only reliable way of getting +9s and have a chance to live.

Also, what would +9 def gear do? bypass attack? xD confusing @_@

When all else Fails, try try again, and if that still doesn't work....you got issues man.

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4360&dateline=1234188  620

Epith-
Sir_Jacob 7x Fighter
EMSman 5x Cleric
Princess_Wolf 5x Mage (Sister's)
Gilgaeth 4x Archer
Closed Thread