Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
Some abstract questions.

I've been playing my cleric almost exclusively, and loving it, but I've been contemplating what to do with the other character slots on my account (once I stop using them as storage, of course.)

I don't know a whole lot of the specifics about the other classes so I'll ask. Thankfully you're all smart enough to give good answers.

I can't decide what I want to do with my fighter. It's a toss-up between a pure STR DD or a pure END tank. My question, really, would be this: Is it possible to actually keep aggro on entire mobs in a party? A fighter tank is great against singular, tough bosses, but if I want to start up a party in abyss, say, or against regular monsters, would there be a better character choice? As a cleric, it's extremely difficult healing myself AND my fighter when we've each got about twelve monsters attacking us. I can do it, sure, but it's not fun. Granted, this was in 50 abyss, we're not even 50 yet, and all the mobs were red.

Basically, what class is the best for:
- AoE DD
- Solo DD
- AoE aggro keeping
- Solo aggro keeping (likely a fighter tank)

Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
It depends on if you are willing to spend either real life money to enhance and/or buy already enhanced gears in-game. If you are able to do it then a STR fighter will be able to tank as well as deal damage. But keep in mind that END from gear will not increase your block rate; only free stat END will do so. A common build now seems to be 50 end rest str.

A fighter is able to hold aggro (though some do escape once in awhile) it is not so much your build at this point but your 'skill'. Do you have your Mock/Snearing Kick empowered to help you keep aggro? Are you using Mock and Devastate simultaneously when it should be 'staggered' (ie. Mock, let cool halfway then cast Devastate or vice versa)?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Server: Teva
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
I believe a good build for fighters is similar to what Loveless said,
25 SPR 50 END rest STR, Although you can leave out the SPR if you wish, as for the others I'm not too sure...
Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
SPR is good but you probably don't want to start off spreading stats out thin. At earlier levels you have a good number of quests as well as KQs so it would help to just keep putting points into END until it reaches 50. Then just pump it all into STR when the grind gets tougher and there are less KQs to aid in leveling so you will have decent defense and starting to build up on your damage.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
AegisXOR
Honeying

In-Game Name: Withstanding/Chzo
Current Level: 47/24
Server: Apoline/Teva
AegisXOR is on a distinguished road
Won't be buying SC. Don't really want to do everything at once.

Now that I know that weapon choice isn't as much a factor in keeping aggro as intelligent use of skills, my decision's made. Tank it is. Might do a DD at a later date if I decide to delete my archer. Thanks.

(now I just need to hope I get the title I'm aiming for..)

Last edited by AegisXOR; 02-06-2009 at 07:11 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
Well, dmg is a part of the aggro equation. It's unusual for a skilled tank, especially when it comes to single targets, to lose aggro but it does happen sometimes due to sheer dmg output combined with strings of crits. Even with staggering mock and deva, if the mobs don't die fast enough (like in TR lmfao), there's a possibility that aggro can slip to DDs or a cleric.

But for most situations, aggro can be well-kept when a tank knows his limits and is skillful in his tanking. And finding a good tank is hard, especially post-60... so go for it, skilled tankers are <3.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
If you can get an archer to 75+ and know what your doing I can make a case for best aoe DD, aoe agrro keeper,and solo agrro. Archers can be best solo DD only for bosses.

But if its an all you wont lv that high go with fighter

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Closed Thread