Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
Doylen
Imp

In-Game Name: Doylen
Current Level: 5x
Server: teva
Doylen is on a distinguished road

"I also suggest:
Lying face down on the ground----------please revive me when you get a chance..."

Good one, thanks for the suggestion :=)!

-----

"One question tho, if the *reason* for doing this is to avoid chat-death wont u still have to be careful of animation death?

I assume you only chat-die when trying to chat *while* a mob is beating on you so does this mean that you will use the emoticons while being beatin on? And if not, then why not just type?

Unless this is just "your thing"...thats cool too. If thats the case you might also want one for "I need help" (but hopefully they are close enough to see the animation)"

1. yes, not recommend during battle, as a cleric I am sometimes just standing around healing. Usage of emoticons is mostly intended for use between battles to reduce non-productive time in conversation about routine things.

2. See #1. I pre-date computers by too too many years and my typeing skills are not that great.

3. I think I listed "jump during battle" ----I need help on revision 1. I tried it last night, did not work. Emoticons may not function when the focus is on a monster.

3A. My thing? Why not? Its a game with Characters who are real people. Why not give your Character their own Character?

3B. Emoticons are an under utilized tool in Fiesta. Mayby there is resistance to change in advanced players and mayby it could take a long time before emoticon signals catch on and players begin to understand their meaning. That of course can only happen with training.

3D. Its only a game and its all for fun. I have always found learing things to be fun.

PROPOSED USAGE OF EMOTICONS FOR COMMUNICATIONS DURING PARTY’S
From the Silent Seminary Guild

-----

To help avoid chat death while partying with others or soloing the Silent Seminary proposes the following standards for using emoticons on the Field of Honor:

Jump once-------------------yes
Jump twice------------------no
Multi-jump------------------your quest item is here
Sit ---------------------------waiting or refusal
Sit next to house -----------continue resting, I will protect you
Sit next to monster---------I want to die
Laugh -----------------------no problem here
Cry --------------------------I can’t do that or I’m sorry
Attention -------------------by your command or at your service
Charge ----------------------I will take command or follow me
Salute -----------------------you have my respect or thank you
Surprised -------------------that’s what I need for my quest
Happy -----------------------quest completed, great job
Dance -----------------------buffs timing out in 10 min or less or I have to go
Frustrated -------------------that’s not helping or you are being a jerk
Front and Center------------please invite me to your party or ready for action (in party)
Greeting ---------------------CHECK YOUR STATS!

This is a work in progress, useful comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by Loveless; 07-19-2008 at 02:40 AM..
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
What does Check Your Stats mean and why is it important? @_@;
Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #13
Doylen
Imp

In-Game Name: Doylen
Current Level: 5x
Server: teva
Doylen is on a distinguished road
"What does Check Your Stats mean and why is it important?"

SP/HP If a cleric is going to tank the big guy they need to use the heal on themselves to keep the aggression and not die. If they need to heal others who are assisting by attacking the rest of a mob they will lose focus on the monster and are not attacking while continuing to take damage. They may need all their stones and potions while doing spam heal on themselves.

My intent for the message "Check Your Stats" is to say that others will need to use their stones and potions and not depend on the cleric to heal them during this time.

Also, I have noted a number of times when I am only monitoring and healing that someones SP will get very low so when someone else sees that "Check Your Stats" can be used to tell another that they need to use a stone or potion.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #14
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Doylen, please do not double/triple post and use the Edit button if no one has replied to your post yet. Thanks.
Closed Thread