Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
My build? Your opinion.

Alright well i've played all the classes. I've gotten them all to at least level 21. It might not be far to some of the really high leveled players but for me it is. And its plenty far to make my decision on what classes I like. Basically the only classes I like are Mages and Clerics. Mages i'm just totally in love with. I'd molest my in game self if I could because I find Mages just that hawt, lol.

And I enjoy Clerics because they too have magic but are also almost as good as Fighters in terms of defense and strength. For my Cleric I plan on just using Maces at least until I get a better looking Hammer because the level 20 one just looks dumb as hell. But I also like speed so I might just stick with Maces. Anyways, my build for my Cleric is going to be pure SPR until level 20 so it'll be at 25 for extra SP and the 5% crit.

Then i'm going 1:1 for STR and END so I can tank/solo better. Then i'm going to buy a STR and a END ring to boost those up even further. I've already got a +7 STR and +7 END ring waiting for me at level 22. So what do you think of my build? Is it good? Should I change something? Any advice on playing a Cleric? I mean unlike most Clerics I know how to heal and who to heal and how to play the class right for the most part.

But is there anything else I really need to know? Thanks for any and all help/opinions/etc.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
In my opinion splitting your points into three different stats is too ineffective. The strength and endurance bonuses will be too little that they will become neglible. I suggest 25 spirit, and choose either maxing out endurance or strength from then on. Dividing your free points over three stats like that won't make a noticeable difference til much later, and by then it could still be regrettable. Personally I'd pick full spirit or spirit:strength, mainly because I enjoy dealing a lot of damage, and endurance doesn't do enough when in small increments, in my opinion of course.

Last edited by Dynamics; 10-08-2007 at 09:35 PM..
Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
MagesRequiem
Archon

Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
In my opinion splitting your points into three different stats is too ineffective. The strength and endurance bonuses will be too little that they will become neglible. I suggest 25 spirit, and choose either maxing out endurance or strength from then on. Dividing your free points over three stats like that won't make a noticeable difference til much later, and by then it could still be regrettable. Personally I'd pick full spirit or spirit:strength, mainly because I enjoy dealing a lot of damage, and endurance doesn't do enough when in small increments, in my opinion of course.
Thanks Dynanub. :P I'll wait for some more opinions before I make my final decision.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I agree that you shouldn't split it up in 3 directions...

The problem is that if you go STR:SPR then you're losing out on the defense. If you plan on supporting parties then you're going to need to be able to take a couple hits off monsters. This is because if you're healing non-stop then you can pick up aggro and a dead cleric isn't very helpful. Also when you're soloing you will need that END to help you out. Your heal is not going to be able to keep up with you if you can't reduce the hits you take.

And after level 30 my STR points increase by 3-4 every level so don't think you'll need to worry so much about adding strength... right now my cleric is level 37 with a base STR of 131 (with rings and armour too) and my END is 97 even though my ratio is 1:2 STR:END. If you believe you lack in the offence, simply put on two STR rings... use a Hammer because it has much more dmg and you don't miss as often as you might think. The speed isn't a big issue because you're damage will make up for it.

You have a shield, use it. Get that block rate up so you can take no damage too.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
MagesRequiem
Archon

Alright, alright. My mind is made up. I'm going SPR until 25 then i'm going pure END. I'm still not sure I want to use a Hammer though. I mean the damage is better than the Mace but the way it looks... ew. Also too many people use the Hammer and i'd like to start a trend. :P Anyways, I trust you Love because you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself in game.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
Odin
Honeying

In-Game Name: Areopagus/Odin/Clayton
Current Level: 2x,1x,3x
Server: Teva
Odin is on a distinguished road
mace ftw, it's all I use too. I went 50/50 spr/end for crit,spr,hp,def bonuses, i'm not sure if i'll stop spr after 25 points, once game goes live it will be easier to raise crit i imagine, but all spr is helpful with a heal spammer
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #7
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Most people choose hammers in the end.

For example, the level 70 weapons in Uruga have these pros and cons:

Mace: +90 or so more Aim, 0.2 seconds faster than Hammer.

Hammer: +2% more Critical, +200 or so more damage.

Ultimately, it's up to personal preference. For those of you who cite aim issues as a reason to go with maces, simply throw on a Power scroll.
Closed Thread