Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: What should we do with inactive mods?
I don't care 10 31.25%
I think they should be demoted 18 56.25%
I think they should stay mods 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
[FiestaFan]What should we do with inactive mods?

As some of you may have noticed, some moderators tend to go inactive due to real life events, or they just get plain uninterested in moderating anymore. We are leaving it up to you to decide what we should do with them. Feedback as to why you picked that choice is always appreciated, too.

Does this mean there will be mod openings if they get demoted? Nope, so don't go picking the wrong choice just because you want to be a mod because we already have enough.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
BuzZzKiLL
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: BuzZzKiLL
Current Level: Mage 5x Tank6x
Server: Bijou
BuzZzKiLL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuzZzKiLL
i chose idc cuz..well, their inactive. i dunno if id like to be demoted because of situations irl, and if i diddnt feel like moddin anymore id atlest tell some1. i guess u could jsut set a rule for inactives, like a month or a couple will get u demoted, i mean how hard can it be to pop on a comp for all of 2 mins to say HIII IM NOT DEAD! so u kno there just not quittin or sumthin :/
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Eh, I guess. Its really not a big deal, but Andy & NavMan have pretty obviously quit. (1 post every other month = quit.)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Bring out the tar and feathers....

But seriously, I don't really see anything pressing about it.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Bring out the tar and feathers....

But seriously, I don't really see anything pressing about it.
That's kind of my feeling too. I mean, with these mods inactive, at least from where I'm standing, I don't think the forums have fallen into a chaotic state. And to active mods, do you guys feel like you need the extra help?

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 02-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
We're not stating that they are. It has nothing to do with the active mods and running the place. We have plenty. We just want to know how you guys feel about inactive mods.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
"A Forum Moderator, often shortened to just mod, is a person granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum (message board) or electronic mailing list. Almost all moderators on all forums can move discussions to different sections of the forum, close discussions, edit the content of individual postings, answer questions (or help people with problems), and stick discussions so they remain visible in their forum section even if no new postings are made to them. Different forums may give their moderators further powers, such as being able to block/ban people from the message board."-Wikipedia

My view is that a moderator has to be active and present to do all these things. If rl-problems or inactivity limits them in this capacity,
then they should either post that they are going on a hiatus and temporalily resign their status, or just become regular users.

Last edited by Ivramire; 02-20-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
We're not stating that they are. It has nothing to do with the active mods and running the place. We have plenty. We just want to know how you guys feel about inactive mods.
Oh. Well in that case I'm completely indifferent to it lol

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 02-21-2008, 04:51 AM   #9
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
The best way to deal with this is email them or talk to them, asking why they are inactive. Don't mention being demoted. If they have a decent reason, keep them on. If its just "Ahh I don't care, la la la" then demote them. Pretty darn easy.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 AM   #10
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
^LOL sneaky!

That's a good idea.