Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Server: Teva
Sinto is on a distinguished road
People AFK-ing on the road.

Well.. it's not like me to complain and stuffs but, something like this is just WAAAAY too annoying. Earlier today I was on my way to Trumpy Remains and went through the road where there's another path to FoS. Then I saw a mushie there and greenkies were following me, so I stopped, kill, and went away.

After that, when I went to restone, I saw another person AFK-ing. So I just decided to go ahead, since there's only 1 trumpy following me. Then the person was like "WTF SOMEONE TRAINED ME!" and I just shouted back "OMFG WHO'S THE GUY THAT'S AFK-ING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WHERE EVERYONE PASSES BY! And btw, it's only 1 trumpy." And he started to spam noobs and stuffs at me.

Tell me, who is right and who is wrong. o.o
Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: College
Current Level: College
Server: College
Flowersss will become famous soon enough
He's an idiot for afking in the middle of the road...unless, he wasent afk, but you thought he was?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Eh I knowwwwww! I get so annoyed when that happens in SEG too. >_____> People afk there and then complain and whine about being trained. Kinda obvious where in the map you are most likely to get trained.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

my advice for those afk-ers;; Find a nice, warm, and cozy place to AFK (the road isent warm and cozy) xD
Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #5
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Yea.. and also choose roads where there aren't any blood-thirsty monsters waiting to tear you to pieces and eat your intestines and bite your heart out and split you in half and rip your legs off and gnaw your head off and break every bones in your body and rip off your butt and hump you. o.o
Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
Flowersss
Ancient Stonie

Originally Posted by Sinto View Post
Yea.. and also choose roads where there aren't any blood-thirsty monsters waiting to tear you to pieces and eat your intestines and bite your heart out and split you in half and rip your legs off and gnaw your head off and break every bones in your body and rip off your butt and hump you. o.o
Lmao, yesh...and that too ^_^
Old 04-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Dezza
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Dezza
Current Level: 55/Archer, 35/Cleric, 15/Mage
Server: Bijou [EU]
Dezza will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sinto View Post
Well.. it's not like me to complain and stuffs but, something like this is just WAAAAY too annoying. Earlier today I was on my way to Trumpy Remains and went through the road where there's another path to FoS. Then I saw a mushie there and greenkies were following me, so I stopped, kill, and went away.

After that, when I went to restone, I saw another person AFK-ing. So I just decided to go ahead, since there's only 1 trumpy following me. Then the person was like "WTF SOMEONE TRAINED ME!" and I just shouted back "OMFG WHO'S THE GUY THAT'S AFK-ING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WHERE EVERYONE PASSES BY! And btw, it's only 1 trumpy." And he started to spam noobs and stuffs at me.

Tell me, who is right and who is wrong. o.o
Actually, I would say that you were in the wrong for having a train behind you. For all you know, 15 seconds later, someone could be in the place where the mobs started following you, suddenly to have a load of them coming from the other direction. It may be that they just logged in and they logged out there.

One of my pet hates is people with a train of mobs behind them. If they can handle them, the should kill as soon they start following. If they can't handle them, why should other people die for your mistake. I think it is rude and disrespectful to other players.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
If there's no one on the path, I think it would be alright to train. How do you know that someone's going to pop up a few seconds later? You don't. It's just easier to train through unless you really want to waste a lot of time fighting all the mobs.

I never train people on purpose, but I have trained on accident when I don't know there's a mob following behind me or there's someone hidden somewhere. Not everyone trains on purpose, so I think people should start accepting the fact that not everyone wants to kill them. I know very well what it feels like to be trained, but you can't help it. Everyone is bound to train someone at least once, even if you don't know it happened.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
oOAnubisOo
Mara Pirate Sailor

In-Game Name: oOAnubisOo
Current Level: 60
Server: Apoline
oOAnubisOo is on a distinguished road
Um, yeah, I agree to a point. I Tend to be in alot of places I really shouldn't due to being a Cleric and My guild wanting me to be there. But I figure if I I'm hanging out bashing on a major path in SeG or AeW I'm asking for trouble anyways, Granted if it were a lvl40 training mobs in a lvl60 area it might be an issue. But if your in a area that you can't grind mobs by yourself, I figure you get what you ask for.

If you need a rest, Logout.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
I dont feel strongly about this issue at all. I grind solo. Always, its the nature of the way I play. If im alone, im gonna exercise a bit of common sense and fight in a place where I know where im gonna be fighting and I know where im gonna be resting, and neither of them are close to one another. I dont fight in roads because I dont wanna catch the tail end of the aggro express.

Im pretty sure if someone was traveling from one place to another and pulled a ton of mobs and you got tunnel vision bad enough to not see him fly by or his entourage follwing him, that you kinda deserve what your getting. I mean why train in a heavily traveled area anyways? Thats ASKING to get plowed. I dont feel guilty when im traveling and pull a mob because I know in my heart of hearts that the person who does it to me every time I play (I average about 1 death per 6 hour play period due to aggro trains) doesnt give a crap that i died because he got to where he had to go. Its the nature of the game. If I was gonna whine and cry about people training me, i would never have left Sand Beach. Catching the tail end of that train is an inherient risk you run by training in places you are not supposed to be or places where you aggro monsters.

And, while im not the smartest guy in the world, I coulda sworn towns are relatively safe places to AFK. I dunno, call me crazy I guess. *shrug*

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Closed Thread