Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Ranting about WoW Policy

So on WoW, for those who don't know about it, they have this thing called the random dungeon finder. Basically, it pairs you up with a party for a dungeon. I went into a party last night with my bf and our friend. The 3 of us consisted of the tank, healer, and a dps. We got 2 other guys, a death knight and a warrior who were in the same guild.

Instantly they started running off and pulling mobs without us. It's best to always follow the tank so we ignored them and started doing the dungeon correctly. Eventually one of the guys said "My main is an alliance character on this server "(we're horde) and I'm sure a lot of people are aware of the alliance vs horde thing with WoW. So the ally/dk person started to troll us. We were in Blackrock Spire... the same location as the Leroy Jenkins videos, except it's no longer a raid dungeon. And of course he'd yell out "LEROOYYYYY!" but he failed to kill us every time.

Throughout the entire dungeon, the Death Knight kept spawning and pulling the little dragon things onto us throughout the entire dungeon. He'd run up with a group, stand there until he died and then lay there watching as the 3 of us killed them. The warrior just stood there the entire time whispering the tank "He's making me do this!" And once he ran out of welplings, he began to run to other parts of the dungeon and pull those mobs on us. He even dragged a boss across the dungeon to us. He only managed to kill one of us, the squishy Warlock to which he said "Yes!" cuz he thought it was going to lead to a wipe.

"Why didn't you just kick them?" That's the flaw in the system--- You can't! I can't report them because that's what the kick system was designed for (so the players can just take some initiative), but it was bypassed by the fact that it was considered a guild group as everyone in the party was in a similar guild. Since they were in a guild together, we couldn't kick them. Not to mention for like... the first 15 minutes or so, you can't kick people at all. So we had to do the entire dungeon with them constantly trying to kill us. And if we left, we wouldn't be able to join a party for some time cuz you get this debuff which doesn't allow you to re-queue up for a party.

So getting tired of the people in this game.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
RayRay
Her Smile <3

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Nimdra, Nimix (WoW)
Current Level: 62, 70 (WoW)
RayRay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to RayRay
lol that happen to me but it was like me and 4 guildies and i was healing
in stonecore lol and the tank was the random and he was bitching
at me for letting his hp go under 80%
so i just stoped healing him and let him die then he sat there for the other 10min cause i wouldnt rev him then we kicked him and got a new tank and finished it

She Makes My Mind Go Crazy
PSN: SneakyyBeaver_
RayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm, seems flawed. In DCUO, there is a vote system to kick someone. Simple majority of positive votes (abstaining doesn't count toward the total) and the person is gone. You can then choose to open it up to a random PUGer or you can invite someone specifically. Anyway...yeah. PUGs never work out well. Damn idiots and loot ninjas, the lot of them.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Well they decided to give it a time limit before you can kick because people would be nit-picky and kick people. But this is mostly due to tards in the game.

People would kick others in the middle of the dungeon to add others to the party which they deemed unfair to a lot of people since some people can sit in the queue for up to half an hour. And I was frequently kicked because the tank or someone wouldn't want my class healing in the dungeon, and they'd kick me out of the party. Or some dps who can heal will change their mind and start to whine about how they want to heal.

Stuff like that. So... they made it so you had a time limit before you could kick anyone, and if guild mates were in the party, they couldn't vote to kick.

Other than that its a majority rule, you're out.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
I want to play WoW, but the idea of paying every month ruins it for me. I guess private servers are always an option, but the one I found with the highest population was about 3000, not sure how that measures up to servers on Blizzard WoW
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

According to the WoW census, my EU server has 16,000 while my US server has 13,000. Unless they managed to nerf a lot of stuff, it might be a bit difficult to arrange raids and find parties for dungeons. But if you just want to solo, I guess a private server is a good start.

I figure it's not much of a difference if you compare cash shop F2P gaming to paying a little less than $14 a month. $27 for 60 days with a lot more than most F2Ps can give you and regular updates and annual major patches that give you more content (although a lot of the players claim Blizz is slacking. Could be worse.)
Old 06-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Mmm, I have been seriously contemplating getting the Blizzard WoW. My family is seriously against it thanks to the negative connotations it has, and I'm thinking Ill just wait until GW2 in November or maybe buy 2 months then stop when GW2 comes out :s
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

If you buy WoW, you should be in it for the long run x.x because unless you buy it on sale on black friday, it's going to be costly.

(according to wal mart and similar prices on Amazon...)
Subscription: $14 ($27 for 60 days at the site I buy it from)
Burning Crusade: $10
WOTLK: $40
Cataclysm: $37
Total: $101

Uh... hm. I seriously don't get why WOTLK is more than Cata... might be because technically it added more content than Cata. But still... that part of the game is barren now and it's old content.

But yeah. If you're not dead set on playing the game, wait until black friday when BC will be like $5, wrath will be $10 and cata will prolly be either 10 or 15. That's what I did, except for Cata.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Yosei, Im in England, so the $ arnt helping
Im thinking of getting 2 months of vanilla wow to bide time until GW2
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
you can go with a pserver just try to find a guild. if you have a guild it won't be as difficult to get parties for things.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote