Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Server: Teva
Manzcar has disabled reputation
Guild Invites

Why do guilds just go around and spam guild requests. I only play a few hours a week due to kids, wife, job, and real life, but when I do play I have to fend of join my guild requests. I get three or four everytime I am on.

I just don't understand why a guild would want to just invite anyone and everyone to their guild. They don't know me, have never grinded with me, and have never even spoken to me before their join my guild request.

Why just spam people to join your guild?

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
They simply want a full guild and they do not care who joins. It is why a lot of the guilds fall apart after a short while.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Manzcar

Doesn't make sense
Okay, granted I haven't been a part of a MUD (what us old guys used to call this stuff) since the early 90's.

But back then you didn't want a lot of people in your guild. You wanted a group of people you got along with and knew you could have fun with. Then it would be run by an even smaller group who ran the day to day stuff.

Why would anyone want a large guild that couldn't get along and it failed?

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I would like to know too. I get random invites (not just guilds) and they haven't even spoken to me once... not even a "Hi, want to join?"

Last night while I was in Robo KQ one girl kept sending me invites WHILE I was tanking. Worse yet she was so busy sending these invites that she left rest of the party half dead. D<
Old 04-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
I've actually had people ask me to leave G____G for thier guild.
Ummm.... why would I want to do that when I don't even know you and I am VERY happy in my guild?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
^Well its not like they know if you like your guild. Most guilds aren't that enjoyable.

Lawls, yeah, it's a problem. I tried going for the 24 hour title, and 7 hours through, I came back from AFK had 11 guild invites. @_@"

What happened to the 500s price for guilds that was in CB? Now there are 600+ guilds because of idiots wanting "2 b teh hi lvl gild".
Old 04-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Spirit
complete once again

But, my whole point is that they dont even know me. What if I turned out to be a mean player that had a bad reputation in the game? Why would they want that associated with their guild?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
Originally Posted by Manzcar View Post
Okay, granted I haven't been a part of a MUD (what us old guys used to call this stuff) since the early 90's.

But back then you didn't want a lot of people in your guild. You wanted a group of people you got along with and knew you could have fun with. Then it would be run by an even smaller group who ran the day to day stuff.

Why would anyone want a large guild that couldn't get along and it failed?
MUD? As in..StickMud?

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
Manzcar

Originally Posted by Ulrike View Post
MUD? As in..StickMud?
LOL I am assuming it is a joke... but just in case a MUD was the name for Multi User Dungeons I.e. What Fiesta, WoW, and such were called back in the 80's and early 90's.

Why am I all of a sudden feeling very old.........

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
LollyPop
Speedy Slime

LollyPop is on a distinguished road
Can't you turn guild invites off? Under game settings? Might help solve the problem