Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Need help "building".

I'm never a big Fighter type guy in any RPG. I always go for Mages and the like. But lately i've begun to see that Fighters are pretty fun to play as and its a very wanted break from the usual "Cast spell(s)", "Get hit", "Die". Or "Cast spell(s)", "Get hit", "Rest", and then repeat. Anyways, because of my inexperience with Fighters I don't know where I should allocate my stat points. I was actually just thinking of placing them all in END because that seems to be the best tank build. But at the same time I want to deal a lot of damage so I figured I would just go ahead and buy rings to boost up my strength. Would that be okay? Or should I go STR and END, 1:2? Also whats better a 2h Sword or a 2h Axe?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Personally, I use a 2H sword. The axe is just WAY too slow, even though people get like crits of 600 with normal hits. But for me, its attack rate is too slow. I think a Str:End build is good, but Id suggest more of a End:Spr build either 1:1 or 2:1. Fighters have very low Spr which means low % of crits and low magic defense. FIghters get a ton of Str just from lvling up. IF you wanna be a meat shield tank, then just go full End:, but if you want to add damage, Id add spr along with End to increase your chance of getting critical hits
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 09-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
MagesRequiem
Archon

Alright. I think i'm going to go 2:1 on END and SPR. I appreciate the help. Also, 2h Swords look awesome so i'm going with them. <3
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
Alright. I think i'm going to go 2:1 on END and SPR. I appreciate the help. Also, 2h Swords look awesome so i'm going with them. <3
Specially when you upgrade them. I've got one thats +5 and it looks cool, but everything looks really sweet higher up, especially bows

If you want, once you get your Spr to 25( +25 Spr=5% crit), you can add str. after 25 SPr you only recieve .1% crit per point of SPR instead of .2% Id go 25 Spr and then 2:1 or 3:1 End:Str. Sorry to change up what i said YOu dont gotta add all the spr at once. If you use every point you have on Spr, you will have 25 Spr by lvl 20 after your job change
->Check my Progress<-

Last edited by secbro20; 09-28-2007 at 12:59 PM..
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
MagesRequiem
Archon

Okay, i'll go 2:1 on END and SPR until my SPR is at 25. Then i'll switch over to END and STR, 3:1. And i'll have my Fighter us 2h Swords. Although... I don't see the point in 1h Swords at and after level 20.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
secbro20
Currently Gameless

Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
Okay, i'll go 2:1 on END and SPR until my SPR is at 25. Then i'll switch over to END and STR, 3:1. And i'll have my Fighter us 2h Swords. Although... I don't see the point in 1h Swords at and after level 20.
Well, many high level fighters, Like one of the old Admins( AndyB) said that using 1 handed swords later on is very good because of the added defense from the shield that you cant carry when you use a two handed weapon. That extra defense makes a big difference later on, since shields add as much as a piece of armor. Of course, you can just use 2h weapons. That is only one persons opinion.

Make sure you add 25 points to SPR. Just because your spirit reaches 25, doesnt mean you get the 5% crit. YOU have to use 25 of your stat points to get the 5%
->Check my Progress<-

Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
NekoXx
Mushroom Fighter

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: NekoXx
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
NekoXx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NekoXx
1:2 STR/END

2H.

=

Perfect, Basic Fighter Build .

Old 09-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #8
MagesRequiem
Archon

Originally Posted by secbro17 View Post
Well, many high level fighters, Like one of the old Admins( AndyB) said that using 1 handed swords later on is very good because of the added defense from the shield that you cant carry when you use a two handed weapon. That extra defense makes a big difference later on, since shields add as much as a piece of armor. Of course, you can just use 2h weapons. That is only one persons opinion.

Make sure you add 25 points to SPR. Just because your spirit reaches 25, doesnt mean you get the 5% crit. YOU have to use 25 of your stat points to get the 5%
I know about the added defense but i'm just not a 1h kinda person. I'm going to try and pick between 2h Swords or 2h Axes. My friend gave me his 2h Sword and once I do the level 20 quest i'll grab a 2h Axe and compare them to one another. I'll pick the one that I feel most comfortable with. I'll probably go 2h Axe because it just reminds me of my character from Final Fantasy XI. He was an Elvaan Warrior who used 2h Axes. I was pretty bad ass. xD

I know. I still feel kinda weird about placing my stat points there. I sort of feel like i'm wasting them. But I trust you guys. You're all obviously more experienced than I am and its always great to learn from those with more than knowledge yourself. Then again... learning from your mistakes might be better except... making a mistake in this game usually means re-making your character, lol.
Closed Thread