Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #1
Twilight_Chaos
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Raven_Stormfist | Silver_Heart | Chaos_Heart | _chaos_
Current Level: 4x|2x|2x|1x
Server: Epith
Twilight_Chaos is on a distinguished road
Self-serving prats

I was mining for copper ores earlier today, when I came across an area with many more ores to mine from than usual, so I proceed with my usual routine of simply mining whatever ores are near me (there were also only 2 enemies in this area to deal with , and both a fair distance apart, so I was more than able to take them if they attacked) When a cleric just randomly comes up to me from farther in the area and tells me that the area belongs to him because he is helping a noobish archer to get alot of money. I don't mind the fact that he was trying to help a noobish archer with getting money (though i somehow figure he was probably taking advantage of her noob-ness to get most of the money from the mining for himself), nor do I mind giving people space when it is necessary.. but as far as I'm concerned.. the mines are there for all players.. not just him and the noob he wsa mining with.. meaning we are free to explore and mine as we please.

Granted that selfishness and self-glorification to levels far beyond what is even close to being imagined what one deserves are two of my biggest pet peeves.. but I'm pretty sure that in all reality.. that's far beyond the powers that any player is ever really granted.. and so, I just continued my usual routine, keeping a bit of distance as i really didn't feel like putting up with a guild war when there were maybe 2 of us in the guild I'm in even online at the time.. and the other member was i think in Uruga..
The cleric that decided he's so much better than the rest of us was in Moon_Tree, I know that much for sure.. I think his name was.. -removed-
(not entirely sure on that one, but i think that's right) has anyone else encountered this problem (whether by this same self-serving @ss or by someone else)?

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 10-12-2008 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: Removed name.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I removed the name in your post. No naming is allowed here, as well as blacklisting.

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5309
Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
That'd probably annoy me a little but at least they didn't guild war you o:

But off-topic I haven't been in the mines in agessssssssss. It's too time consuming for too little money and experience. I don't go there to do my quests, as I just purchase ores from stores whenever I see them selling and keep it in my storage.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Although what the guy did was wrong I wouldn't complain simply because the Mines are filled with Ores so its easy to farm in there. Personally I would've just left to not draw out an arguement
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
You can claim a kill but not an area. As a favor when some asks politely for me to wait while they finish a quest I will do so. If they demand that I leave then I will tell them "you can claim a kill but not an area" and do as I please. Sometimes I will remain just to annoy them. If they say they were here first I will say "no you were not, I was here yesterday!" I never ask others who come to an area where I am working to go elsewhere.

Another thing I will do when soloing and someone is pulling everything from around me is to pick off what I can as they pass by me. I do not consider this IMHO a kill steal as they are running, not attacking. If they complain I will tell them not to pull from around me then.

My guild Silent Seminary is non-war so I dont need to worry about that.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
You know what? Unless the guy killed every monster in the area so that he could mine the ores in peace, he had no right to "claim" the area.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread