Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
gawd

I just spent 10 minutes on the official forums to check out the 4 responses to the story-thread I made there....

Jebus, some of the things you can find. There's the few idiots who insist that Fear was better the way it was pre-patch and spam this into random threads they wander into or divert the threads so it turns into one. This is compounded by the fact that the overwhelming majority of those decrying the fixed Fear are obvious Mage-Mains who insist they aren't....I mean god,you have a sig-picture of you playing your Mage character, with a Mage ava and the title of Powerful Enchanter in your sig in big, red size 5 letters, geez.

Then there's the spam everywhere you see. There's threads in General Discussions with 500+ replys of pure spam, it comes up anywhere and everywhere. There's the people who don't read the posts in the thread right above theirs so they end up saying the same thing in almost the same words, duplicate threads everywhere, bumping a thread like 10 minutes after it's made, the list goes on and on and on....

Hat's off to the competent CLs who stave off this tide of neverending darkness, best of luck to you guys. Oh, and kudos to the sane people on there too, you guys are great.

Huggles FF, I'll never let you go. <3

*if someone finds something in the above offensive, feel free to say and I'll edit it ^^
Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Better suited for All The Rage?

and lol at you. That is why I try to stay away from it all.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
omg...it's infected me too.

I forgot we even had that section....

edit:-thanks for moving it

Last edited by Ivramire; 06-14-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

lol

Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Jebus is right. Wow. I really wonder how some people there can function, given how much brain power they seem to use...

I don't understand about the Fear bug, since I don't have a 6x mage. Care to explain what it was?

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Better suited for All The Rage?

and lol at you. That is why I try to stay away from it all.
I saw you in-game... 3 times. D:
Old 06-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Ever get "feared" by Robo or the Mini-dragon?

It is the same thing. Fear is suppsoed to make your opponent run around all crazy-like and they have no control over where they run to. It was bugged. When we would use fear, it was basically like stunning them. They just stood there looking at us. It was also bugged for mobs. When Robo or MD would fear us, we would jsut stand there. Now, it is back how it is suppsoed to be. When mages fear an opponent, they run around. When Robo, ghosts, MD, ect. fear players, they run around.

I think the problem comes from, when it was bugged, we just stood there. No problem, hit stones and pots until it went away. Now, players run around and possible into other mobs, picking up the agro. <---- what it is supposed to do. But, people do not like that fact.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 06-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Oh. By lvra's post it sounded like the mages were mad about it... Which (to me) doesn't make any sense... Wouldn't they want the opponent to run around randomly?

I thought the cooldown was messed up?
Old 06-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
The reason they're "mad" is because when the opponent was stunned by Fear, the Mages were able to lock on and chain-cast Nova/Inferno. Where as if you're running around in circles in random directions their spells can miss since it is an AoE.

Official forums... I only go there to look at my guild thread, answer some questions I find are reasonable and check out the Magazine thread. Otherwise I try my best to steer clear of dummy threads.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
You should only go on the official forums if you want to read about how certain players love to go on about their daily routine, the people they've met, how they feel about things, and the like.

Seriously.

You can also receive the same radio broadcast by staying in Uruga, Elderine, or another map frequented by talkative semi-spammers who cannot communicate with anyone via any form of chat other than shout.

My block list was quite long by blocking all the "popular" people. I suppose maybe that's why people think I don't ever respond.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Huggles FF, I'll never let you go. <3
Chyeah! I don't know how anyone can stand the official forums X___X