Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
My Opinion On How to Train a Cleric

Build (there really is none, STR/SPR STR wins):

From testing all builds I must say full STR/25 SPR rest STR clerics are by far stronger than any other builds (we're talking about 130%-200+% more damage by comparison depending on the opponent's equipments). This build is also the best for soloing (you level 2-4x faster depending on your choice of the mobs). Also for players that do not know, STR and INT (this is the "STR" for mages) pierce defense and magic defense without any regards to the amount of defense present. (so +1 STR from free stat points gained at level up will do guaranteed 1 damage even on 10000 defense; this is true as of April 28, 08). The only type of defense capable of resisting this type of damage are the ones gained from stats investment in END, but the END guy still lose, simply because it takes 2 points in END for 1 defense that could resist this type of damage). 2:1 damage vs defense, not to mention criticals, so what if the END guy can block a few hits better when they're way too slight to be noticeable anyway.

Why not to go END:

So what if you have a bit more hp? If you're not going to be the one taking hits it's useless (let's face it, END clerics even with +9s suck HORRIFYINGLY at solo), and if you hate partying, you really don't have a future with the damage you do; this leaves duo/party as your only means to effectively level (you can't really draw aggression from a mage with inferno/nova, if you do, you're not partying the right guy). As for the "extra defense" - even tier1 scrolls could easily outclass them, not to mention the so-called defense provides absolutely no resistance to mages. With all these bashing on END it is not to say that this stat is useless, as a matter of fact END should be one of the main stat points you seek, but only from equipments.

About DEX:

Clerics have bad aim, but this could be easily covered by greens & blues, so do not bother with this stats unless you're too lazy to look for gears.

INT...

You should really consider buying stat reset scrolls at this point.

SPR:

Unless it's for the sake of criticals this stat investment is not worth the time. SPR does help tremendously when added up against mages when choosing gears however.

My personal preference when choosing equipment stats:

END > DEX > STR > SPR > INT

Choice of Weapon:

Always get hammer, the difference is too great to be ignored against a mace, especially in PVP.

Leveling a license:

Always level a license that's relatively easy for you. If you are seeking "uber" critical rates from high level mobs you're wasting the time you could use to level. For example, a level 50 cleric wasting his/her time leveling orc/blue clover/etc. licenses is wasting valuable time he/she could spend elsewhere, especially abyss. By the time you've completed your license another cleric going the difference route would've exceeded your level by far.

Skill Points:

As of now I find fully investing in heal, 5 points into the duration of invincible, 5 points in strength increase and sp reduction for bash (if you solo or pvp a lot) the only points worthy of investment (save up your extra points for later skills/tweaks that come around), don't fool yourself into wasting these points unless you want to spend some money on Sparkcash later.

The Best Way to Level:

No matter what, partying and duoing always produce better results when you choose carefully (if you party with some dialup tanker that disconnects every few seconds you've made a horrible decision). Solo only when you have no alternative means to level.

Are Quests Worth the Time ?

Not really if you could find good parties, unless its for the purpose of getting class change or specific rewards such as scrolls/fame.
Tips When in Party:

Healing -

Prior to starting an aoe ask each member of the party the amount of damage they take and try to remember their amount of hp (this is so that you could prioritize your heals). When you see a members hp in a pinch use heal instead of rejuvenation/restore (common sense) unless heal is on cool down. Casting duration associated with other skills would most likely result in your party member dying before the spell lands. Your performance in a party will affect how quickly you could find a party in future, hence the less deaths the better.

Invincible -

This skill requires a long cool down time, so save it for times when you really need it (such as when you draw aggro but needs to continue healing the party or when the tank overpulls).

When entire party gets attacked -

AoE heal is self explanatory, restore goes to the member with the highest defense, heal to the one with the lowest or the one taking the highest dmg. Rejuvenation is used when other skills or on cool down, but generally a good time to use this is when a member's hp is within the 35-55% range.

I'm going to continue my jibberish later on, now I'll take a break from posting text wall

Last edited by Ethelinde; 04-28-2008 at 03:37 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
Server: Teva
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Ok I have to question the build... because for me...

Pure END build
STR/END gears

Ãœber solo pro build with the ability to clank if I need to when AoE arises in BG.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

STR clerics can clank equally well with decent equipments, STR isn't an important factor in clanking when healing is the main factor contributing to the aggro during aoe, the soloing part varies by the level of the mob/players you take on, much like bashing a level 1 player vs bashing a 79 tank. The more defense associated the the opponent the more noticeable the difference is between the two builds. Also @ 67 I believe you've gotten about 82 pts in END which is about 410 extra hp with 41 defense, it really doesn't play a big part in contributing to your clanking abilities. As for the STR/END gear, I have no disputes with the END, but whether STR or DEX should be next choice in line is fully up to the cleric choosing the gears, with DEX you land every hit, with STR from gears you hit slightly higher. A 68 cleric with +9 hammer hit only 140~ on a 70 mage, a full STR hit over 200. Vs full STR fighters at higher levels an END cleric hit as low as 10s and 20s, but with STR build the difference is far greater.

For example when my sister's 70 mage took on the 68 cleric as mentioned earlier they are trading damage in this format:

Cleric: 110-140
Mage: 700-1200, adding in aoe roughly 1300-2100 dmg

The cleric also have to heal nonstop, as for my sis, she stops attacking to let the cleric heal fully and use mushroom to recover (far more hp recovery compared to cleric damage)

I'm not calling my sis godly or anything, just citing an example. As one can easily see a match up like this is way too slanted in the mage's favor, an STR cleric can at least force the mage to spam a few stones at times.

Last edited by Ethelinde; 04-28-2008 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
xNevetSx
Crab

In-Game Name: xNevetSx
Current Level: cleric 3X mage 2X
Server: TEVA
xNevetSx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xNevetSx
ok
well, i think im going to buy resetscrolls now and go full str then int (edit: i ment end)because i've been noticeing that this build is not geting any better as i lvl

Last edited by xNevetSx; 04-29-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Originally Posted by xNevetSx View Post
well, i think im going to buy resetscrolls now and go full str then int because i've been noticeing that this build is not geting any better as i lvl
Don't get INT lol, that's for mages.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
booyah8876

booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Yes well if you've noticed... the gears that have high END on them

1) Cost a million
2) Don't add to shield block rate

I'm blocking huge amounts of hits with this 6,3% increase.

Then I use shield buff for another 3%.

And 5 points went into DEX... I need to get a reset scroll xD

I'll be adding those 5 to END.

High STR gears at my lvl don't run for nearly half as much as those über END gears... because everyone wants END... I'll take my way, and the less popular one... I'll save money, and I'm an effective cleric.

Before this most recent patch I was able to to quick attack, but now they've gone and messed that all up, meaning I can't do loads of dmg like I used to... =/

But then I use T3 DEF, VIT, and T2 Aim and I have no problem hitting anything.

I was solo grinding in Burning Rock on the Crystal Guardians and only missing once in a blue moon.

My guy to me is perfect.

:3

EDIT:

My cleric isn't built around PvP.

I want to solo and survive, and AoE and survive.

Pure STR is really for PvP.

;3

Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

If you want block rate just grab a blue shield lolz. 8% is plenty and they're dropping more frequently as well as in pricing, but then again these cost you a "million" as well x).
Old 04-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
booyah8876

Yes well I have 16,3% right now... my shield has 7% green

But honestly the builds you suggest seem perfect for PvP.

Pure STR with the guys that hit the weakest to boost their attacks, and at the same time, they're going to need DEX to hit things, and they can heal themselves, so END isn't neccesarily the most important ;3

I just have been this build since CB1... so I'm used to it

liZ
Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
xNevetSx
Crab

In-Game Name: xNevetSx
Current Level: cleric 3X mage 2X
Server: TEVA
xNevetSx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xNevetSx
man i wish i had a blue wep or shield, actually a blue anything. also i used the rest of my reset scroll(that i got at lvl 30) and i now have +17 str i have 2 rings that give +6str +4end, +13 str hammer(+4) +10str shirt, +11str boots
+4 str pants, and last a +6str helm. for a tottal of +73str i think im good for now or at lest thats what i can remember from the top of my head cuz im at school right now
Old 04-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
To make a good decision about what build u want to use is to ask yourself: "What do i want to do?"

If u want to solo/duo a lot, going all str is way to go. After all monster ain't hurting much.

If its PvP u have to find a good balance between defence and attack. So putting a lot Str in the build, and a lot of end in the equip.

If u are the party type, and the only think u do day in day out is healing in a party, then all end is the way to go. After all u will never kill a monster/player on you own.

Last edited by MaxOff; 04-29-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Closed Thread