Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You know you...

... fail as a tank if a Mage is tanking.

I also don't get why people shout their defense. It makes no difference whether you have the highest defense or not if you don't know how to use it.

I also hate those **** who attack a squishy mage and cleric aoe'ing in the abyss. Argh.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
i reckon!! I was in GH KQ once and i was obviously the only one with lvl 3x armour and a +9 axe...

they're still like "bleehs bleehs def? wats your def"

i've already started tanking and i said "enough to tank" and she STILL ask "wats your def"

i gave her some figure that's about 100 more than her defence and she siad "ok you tank" DERRRRRR

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
LMAO Go smack her. xD
Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
... fail as a tank if a Mage is tanking.

I also don't get why people shout their defense. It makes no difference whether you have the highest defense or not if you don't know how to use it.
Agree.

In one of the GHs i did on my cleric, a person kept yelling he had more than 1k hp and high def, etc. so we were like "alrite, you tank" (My party got annoyed be him for the entire KQ because he was obviously not an outstanding tank (he couldn't even tank Marlone) but he wanted the boss, so he kept shouting).

As soon as the gate opened, he ran towards GH boss assuming his "tank" position but I guess he had to look down to tie his shoelaces(?) so... THE BOSS RAN PAST HIM AND STARTED TO ATTACK US. LOL

We laughed so hard. LOL Then a fighter in my party had to take the bite and in the end, we passed GH.

Quote:
I also hate those **** who attack a squishy mage and cleric aoe'ing in the abyss. Argh.
Yes, I was in lvl 3x abyss with another cleric and this lvl 30 fighter started to hit her. I told him to stop but he didn't listen. I first healed my partner so his attack was literally useless (I healed more than his dmg). He then turned to attack me. I thought it was fun so I attacked him back. He died within 30secs (my cleric didn't even have any STR, just END/SPR). LOL

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Just once. I want to tank MD just once.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Well, it's fine to shout out the DEF before the boss appears or whatever, but it's pretty pointless if the person is doing an OK job.

I've never been attacked inside abyss before.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
I've never been attacked inside abyss before.

Me too. All these Abyss stories makes me want to get attacked, even if it means feeling frustrated!

I mean, I haven't really had a chance to try and kill someone as much as I can without having to care about their feelings. First, I've been playing as a cleric most of the time, so I can't really go "all out" on anyone because of my silly hammer and build.

Then, every time I went to abyss on my mage, no one is one or people won't pick a fight. Once, I was duo'ing with dynamics in the big room in the 4x abyss. This guy comes along, and we know he's not nice, because Dyna has been in KQ with him before. I was like, "let's attack him!!!" but of course we didn't. Secretly I hoped he'd come screaming at us for hogging a room with two people and start killing us. Then I can start my magic missile machine gun at him.

But he quietly retreated after finding us in the room. Damn.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Discretion is the better part of valour.

Anyways, I certainly do NOT want to get attcked inside abyss, because even though I can outlast anything (pure END cleric), I certainly can't kill anything.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Then, every time I went to abyss on my mage, no one is one or people won't pick a fight.
Lol that's lucky, I wish things were like that for me too...

And as for the tanking issue, the def shouldn't really matter...as long as whoever's tanking can afford keeping himself healed with clerics' helps and stones/potions, and hold good aggro.
My new fighter does not have any points on END, but she can tank...Tanking isn't all about def, though it would be less of a burden for clerics...most people don't seem to realize that.

Once, when I was on my old fighter, in GH KQ, like...everyone supported for this dude with enhanced weapons, high hp (+endure buff), scrolls and high def to tank...so I thought, well why not let him do it? And when we reached the marlone part, he just sucked at holding aggro, making marlone run up towards the crowd, so I had to mock it :/ So yeah, later it ended up me tanking with about 500hp less than the previous 'tank'.

Similar thing happened in abyss too. I saw a group of two clerics, a mage and a fighter in lvl20-29 abyss, and they had a huge mob. I realize that its hard to mock well without deva that many mobs, but it was just all chaotically out of control. The mobs were all around, attacking the clerics and the mage, and the fighter out there, attacking one mob :/ So for their sake, I asked if they needed help, and they invited me to party. Mocking seriously isn't that hard if you know how to use it well...:/

*sigh* I guess...some certain people really need to stay back and learn before they take any action, or a mage might turn out to be the one tanking...like Loveless said...
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm in abyss once... someone tried to bring a party of 4 to revenge on 2 "squishy" mage and a cleric.. and they lost big time...

i think i've posted the story on All the Glory LOL but yeah..

yesterday we were in lvl 5x abyss and we were in one of the smaller rooms, so the 5 of us was more than enough to handle the room..

this solo fighter proceed to take some of "our" mobs... naturally someone said "shall we kill him".. but wat i did (as a mage) was take all the mobs that spawn near him before the aggro gets onto him.. so he was left with... no mob LOL and he left...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread